Lets fact check "Faith" the verb....

brewmama

Arguably the most important word in the Scriptures, and it was mistranslated into English and has taken out nearly everyone.

Trying to figure out the intent of your post. Was it meant to be sarcastic?

No. I'm just curious why you think no one understands it. Do you think the Greek Church does not understand it?

And when you say "taken out nearly everyone", that is what I meant about wondering why only English speakers are considered Christians.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
No. I'm just curious why you think no one understands it. Do you think the Greek Church does not understand it?

And when you say "taken out nearly everyone", that is what I meant about wondering why only English speakers are considered Christians.

I don't know if the Greek church understands the word Pisteuo, I never thought of that. Now I want to find out.

We have a disconnect there, I'm saying the opposite. I think as the result of the mistranslation of pisteuo into English, English people think Christianity is simply "believing" (the mistranslated word) in Jesus and His word. Pisteuo is "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender" in the Greek dictionary.

Have you heard any sermons preaching you have to surrender your life to Jesus to have a relationship with Him? No!

Are you going to a Greek church?

brewmama

I don't know if the Greek church understands the word Pisteuo, I never thought of that. Now I want to find out.

We have a disconnect there, I'm saying the opposite. I think as the result of the mistranslation of pisteuo into English, English people think Christianity is simply "believing" (the mistranslated word) in Jesus and His word. Pisteuo is "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender" in the Greek dictionary.

Have you heard any sermons preaching you have to surrender your life to Jesus to have a relationship with Him? No!

Have I? Of course. Just today, my priest said when his university students asked him what was the definition of being a Christian, he said it is not having belief in God, because Satan and the demons believe, but it is making Christ Lord in your life.

Oh, just saw that last bit, yes, I'm Eastern Orthodox, which includes the Greek Church.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Have I? Of course. Just today, my priest said when his university students asked him what was the definition of being a Christian, he said it is not having belief in God, because Satan and the demons believe, but it is making Christ Lord in your life.

Ok, that gets us about half way there. But will he say that the Faithing that saves is surrendering "our" lives to Jesus, continually?

That is how we make Jesus the Lord of our life, by surrendering it to Him.

A lot of people could take "making God the Lord of my life" and think like we and God are partners of some kind, and God is helping me lead the life "I" think God wants me to. completely different right?

I've known about pisteuo being mistranslated into English for 30 years. People don't realize the Scriptures are not even there's to talk about or claim until they start the journey with a genuine surrendering of our life and will to Jesus. This shouldn't be big news to a Greek understanding teacher. Why aren't they screaming this from the rooftops?

By the way you've given me something here that I consider to be very special. A kind of door to open and see where it leads.

I guess the reason I never thought of that ( looking at a Greek church) is because the teacher I've had for 30 years is a Greek , Hebrew, scholar, a real one. He spoke over 20 languages and has the largest collection of biblical manuscripts in private hands behind the Vatican. And that's what he taught from, and where he discovered the English language had no word for the Greek word Pisteuo. I stopped going to church for myself along time ago, I look for the sick ones who want to get well at any cost.

Faither

BANNED
Banned

Oh, just saw that last bit, yes, I'm Eastern Orthodox, which includes the Greek Church.

Question: the nik brewmama, and slogan let go and let God. Can you tell me where those come from?

brewmama

Ok, that gets us about half way there. But will he say that the Faithing that saves is surrendering "our" lives to Jesus, continually?

That is how we make Jesus the Lord of our life, by surrendering it to Him.

A lot of people could take "making God the Lord of my life" and think like we and God are partners of some kind, and God is helping me lead the life "I" think God wants me to. completely different right?

I've known about pisteuo being mistranslated into English for 30 years. People don't realize the Scriptures are not even there's to talk about or claim until they start the journey with a genuine surrendering of our life and will to Jesus. This shouldn't be big news to a Greek understanding teacher. Why aren't they screaming this from the rooftops?

By the way you've given me something here that I consider to be very special. A kind of door to open and see where it leads.

I guess the reason I never thought of that ( looking at a Greek church) is because the teacher I've had for 30 years is a Greek , Hebrew, scholar, a real one. He spoke over 20 languages and has the largest collection of biblical manuscripts in private hands behind the Vatican. And that's what he taught from, and where he discovered the English language had no word for the Greek word Pisteuo. I stopped going to church for myself along time ago, I look for the sick ones who want to get well at any cost.

Yes, that's the idea. Orthodox theology is very deep, and can't totally be expressed on a message board. But you're going to have a hard time here, because a large group of folks are rather sanctimonious and arrogant about their beliefs (not mainstream Christian beliefs) and call anyone out who thinks that we have anything to do with our salvation at all, saying we are hated by God and going to hell. You've been warned.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Yes, that's the idea. Orthodox theology is very deep, and can't totally be expressed on a message board. But you're going to have a hard time here, because a large group of folks are rather sanctimonious and arrogant about their beliefs (not mainstream Christian beliefs) and call anyone out who thinks that we have anything to do with our salvation at all, saying we are hated by God and going to hell. You've been warned.

Right, "surrendering" is a work that replaces Grace, and "believing" isn't a work. LOL, as long as you don't "believe" to much or to little, LOL.

Ya, I've been beaten to a pulp by those kind of called out ones for over 10 years. It always ends with "my Greek dictionary isn't correct." And the scary part is I think they accually believe that.

Thanks for the warning though.

Their was someone with the nik October23 that said I was wasting my time with this thread, that it was old news in here. Like everyone here has accepted the true meaning of Pisteuo , (surrendering our life to Jesus,} and that "believing" is a mistranslation. I called him on it, haven't heard back yet.

brewmama

Right, "surrendering" is a work that replaces Grace, and "believing" isn't a work. LOL, as long as you don't "believe" to much or to little, LOL.

Ya, I've been beaten to a pulp by those kind of called out ones for over 10 years. It always ends with "my Greek dictionary isn't correct." And the scary part is I think they accually believe that.

Thanks for the warning though.

Their was someone with the nik October23 that said I was wasting my time with this thread, that it was old news in here. Like everyone here has accepted the true meaning of Pisteuo , (surrendering our life to Jesus,} and that "believing" is a mistranslation. I called him on it, haven't heard back yet.

Well, good luck. They don't really agree with you, they just say that everything is already done and they're not sinners, so they HAVE surrendered. Like it actually makes sense.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Well, good luck. They don't really agree with you, they just say that everything is already done and they're not sinners, so they HAVE surrendered. Like it actually makes sense.

Well, when you know what happens when your surrender is accepted by God, and every decision you make is inspired by that surrender, it's almost a blessing when people beat on you because of it.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
That's fine. Good night.

I guess I haven't been here long enough to send out private messages. Not sure where to go from here. Have a lot to say about the steps. I think there's a reason our paths crossed. Is there a place in the forums that this topic could be discussed?

Faither

BANNED
Banned
i guess you could start a thread. Keep trying to send pms too.

I'm in that first week period where you can't PMs because of the spam.

What I want to share with you is directly associated with my topic on this thread, just from another perspective. Give me a couple of hours to think of the best way to "unload" the understandings I have associated with the steps. I've worked the steps with somewhere between 5 and 7 hundred people. It's really personal, something always done one on one. But if it can't be done this way I could post it like a how to version. The important thing is not to wait to long. Do you have any input before I make a decision?

Faither

BANNED
Banned
i guess you could start a thread. Keep trying to send pms too.

I'm in that first week period where you can't PMs because of the spam.

What I want to share with you is directly associated with my topic on this thread, just from another perspective. Give me a couple of hours to think of the best way to "unload" the understandings I have associated with the steps. I've worked the steps with somewhere between 5 and 7 hundred people. It's really personal, something always done one on one. But if it can't be done this way I could post it like a how to version. The important thing is not to wait to long. Do you have any input before I make a decision?