ECT LETS DEBATE BAPTISM , IN 1 Cor 15:29 !!

God's Truth

It actually is talking about people being baptized for ones who have died.
29 Otherwise, what do people mean by being baptized on behalf of the dead? If the dead are not raised at all, why are people baptized on their behalf?

No, nobody is talking about getting baptized in place of dead people.

That is just some more of what you misunderstand about the scriptures.

1 Corinthians 15:29 Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead, if the dead rise not at all? why are they then baptized for the dead?

People are baptized so that Jesus will resurrect them from the dead.

They are baptized for the sake of the dead condition their bodies will be in when they die until the resurrection of the dead.

They got baptized for the dead to be raised---themselves to be raised from the dead.

Read this next scripture where Paul says that HE AND THE OTHER APOSTLES would be false witnesses to say God raised up Christ if Christ was not raised:

15 Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.

16 For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised:

17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.

18 Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished.

19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.

20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.

22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

Paul explains how Jesus was raised from the dead. Paul then goes back to explaining that if Jesus was not raised, what else shall they (believers) do which are baptized for the dead---when they are dead.

29 Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead, if the dead rise not at all? why are they then baptized for the dead?

30 And why stand we in jeopardy every hour?

31 I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.

32 If after the manner of men I have fought with beasts at Ephesus, what advantageth it me, if the dead rise not? let us eat and drink; for to morrow we die.

turbosixx

That is just some more of you misunderstand about the scriptures.

1 Corinthians 15:29 Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead, if the dead rise not at all? why are they then baptized for the dead?

They are baptized for the sake of the dead condition their bodies will be in when they die until the resurrection of the dead.

They got baptized for the dead to be raised---themselves to be raised from the dead.

Read this next scripture where Paul says that HE AND THE OTHER APOSTLES would be false witnesses to say God raised up Christ if Christ was not raised:

15 Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.

19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.

20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

Paul explains how Jesus was raised from the dead. Paul then goes back to explaining that if Jesus was not raised, what else shall they (believers) do which are baptized for the dead---when they are dead.

29 Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead, if the dead rise not at all? why are they then baptized for the dead?

31 I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.

32 If after the manner of men I have fought with beasts at Ephesus, what advantageth it me, if the dead rise not? let us eat and drink; for to morrow we die.

Suit yourself

turbosixx

I believe the scriptures.

What do you do?

Did you make a plan to baptize the dead people you know who did not get baptized?

You are in falseness.

I don't believe in baptizing for the dead but that's what he people were doing. Paul is using that fact to make a point.

I believe the scriptures to.

God's Truth

I don't believe in baptizing for the dead but that's what he people were doing. Paul is using that fact to make a point.

I believe the scriptures to.

The people were not baptizing dead people that they knew.

Paul would have corrected them as he corrected all in falseness that he heard of.

So if you think that people were getting baptized for those they knew who had died, why don't you do it?

turbosixx

That is just some more of what you misunderstand about the scriptures.

I've looked at this more closely and skimmed some commentaries. There are a lot of different ideas about what is said here but after closer examination I have changed my understanding to being that if Christ is not alive then everyone is being baptized for someone who is dead. Then in the next verse Paul makes it clear why would he face dangers if Christ was dead.
30 Why are we in danger every hour? 31 I protest, brothers, by my pride in you, which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die every day! 32 What do I gain if, humanly speaking, I fought with beasts at Ephesus? If the dead are not raised, “Let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we die.”

Thanks for your input.

God's Truth

I've looked at this more closely and skimmed some commentaries. There are a lot of different ideas about what is said here but after closer examination I have changed my understanding to being that if Christ is not alive then everyone is being baptized for someone who is dead. Then in the next verse Paul makes it clear why would he face dangers if Christ was dead.
30 Why are we in danger every hour? 31 I protest, brothers, by my pride in you, which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die every day! 32 What do I gain if, humanly speaking, I fought with beasts at Ephesus? If the dead are not raised, “Let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we die.”

Thanks for your input.

So did I help you?

Danoh

As for the baptism of the dead, I would like to explain that to you too.

Interesting work of fiction you made of that passage - but no cigar.

You read right past the obvious.

But then again, you did refuse to watch that video on the basics of how to properly study a thing out in the Scripture.

Oh well, perhaps someone else "claiming" to be an ardent "Bible student" will actually sit through it, pen and paper in hand - when they are not rejoicing in the many, many wonderous truths the brother in the video touched on, one after another, after another...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiD7C6KYCd4&app=desktop

In memory of Rom. 5:6-8 - in each our stead.

God's Truth

Sure did.

I of course would have liked it if you understood it the way I do. One more effort to you would be to say that getting baptized for the dead is about for the dead bodies that all will one day have. However, you getting it that it is not about people getting baptized for the dead people that they knew is an improvement.

I at one time struggled with getting baptized for those I knew who had passed. I was so glad and at peace to know what that scripture really meant.

God's Truth

Interesting work of fiction you made of that passage - but no cigar.

You read right past the obvious.

But then again, you did refuse to watch that video on the basics of how to properly study a thing out in the Scripture.

Oh well, perhaps someone else "claiming" to be an ardent "Bible student" will actually sit through it, pen and paper in hand - when they are not rejoicing in the many, many wonderous truths the brother in the video touched on, one after another, after another...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiD7C6KYCd4&app=desktop

In memory of Rom. 5:6-8 - in each our stead.

Is that you in that video you are pushing?

You can't prove what I said as being wrong. You know what I said is truth, or else you would have scriptures and common sense to go against me with.

Danoh

Is that you in that video you are pushing?

You can't prove what I said as being wrong. You know what I said is truth, or else you would have scriptures and common sense to go against me with.

I just realized something - you have yet to offend me.

Of course, that will now go to your head :chuckle:

And I am not pushing the man in that video, rather, all those wondrous truths he could not but touch on, and also, the study approach he lays out in that video.

The man himself is NOT the issue - Christ ALONE...IS.

How do I know Christ ALONE...IS?

Rom. 5:6-8 - that's how.

God's Truth

And I am not pushing the man in that video, rather, all those wondrous truths he could not but touch on, and also, the study approach he lays out in that video.

The man himself is NOT the issue - Christ ALONE...IS.

How do I know Christ ALONE...IS?

Rom. 5:6-8 - that's how.

People get baptized so that they could be risen from the dead at the resurrection.

If there is no resurrection, then why are people getting baptized for the dead?

If the dead don't rise, then why are they getting baptized?

Why are people getting baptized for the dead. Why get baptized for the dead condition they will be in.

That is what that scripture means.

God's Truth

Is that you in the video?

The video is too long to watch.

Is there any way you could get that gentleman to debate here with me?

You don't want to debate you merely refer to the video; so maybe the man in the video could debate for you here?
I am not trying to offend. Why would that be offensive?