"Let Us Make Man In Our Image"

Right Divider

Body part
Silence and stillness are the hallmarks of what is infinite and eternal.
You certainly were NOT silent and still when you came here telling us all how wrong that we are. Did you just now find "what is infinite and eternal"?

Your childish knowledge is, once again, shown to be wanting.

The personality is directly opposed to these attributes and cannot get comfortable with the peace of God which surpasses all understanding.
Once AGAIN, if you want to communicate.... you define your terms.

Define these:
  • "the soul"
  • "the personality"
If you continue to refuse to define your term so that we can communication, we'll continue to see what a fraud that you are.

I think you've made it clear that is where you are.
Good old Prizebeatz1, judging others again!

The personality will judge itself as bad, shameful and wrong once it finds out how badly it is trapped. It will judge itself for judging itself which perpetuates the cycle. Most are not aware of this but now you know better and can begin to do what is necessary to free yourself. It's up to you.
:kookoo:

Zeke

What IMAGE is in you're wallet christian? I would add Secrets of the Religious slave state also which is the sandy foundation most live on while professing to be spiritually awake yet patronize Caesar at the same time, Stock Holmes syndrome is
alive and well.

Prizebeatz1

You certainly were NOT silent and still when you came here telling us all how wrong that we are. Did you just now find "what is infinite and eternal"?

Your childish knowledge is, once again, shown to be wanting.

Once AGAIN, if you want to communicate.... you define your terms.

Define these:
  • "the soul"
  • "the personality"
If you continue to refuse to define your term so that we can communication, we'll continue to see what a fraud that you are.

Good old Prizebeatz1, judging others again!

The difference is I can connect with the silence and stillness when needed. You on the other hand are trapped within the confines of the personality's chatter. You can't stop thinking which guarantees you will not experience what is infinite and eternal. I don't owe you any definitions.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Right Divider

Body part
The difference is I can connect with the silence and stillness when needed.
Oh sooooo superior are you!

You on the other hand are trapped within the confines of the personality's chatter. You can't stop thinking which guarantees you will not experience what is infinite and eternal. I don't owe you any definitions.
The finite and temporal, like you, always back themselves into a corner spouting nonsense.

Then, when called to define it they say "you can't understand as I can, so I will not explain myself to you".

If you had something to share, you'd share it. But you don't, so you won't. You're a poser.

You've stopped thinking.... your mind is a void and a mess.

Prizebeatz1

Oh sooooo superior are you!

The finite and temporal, like you, always back themselves into a corner spouting nonsense.

Then, when called to define it they say "you can't understand as I can, so I will not explain myself to you".

If you had something to share, you'd share it. But you don't, so you won't. You're a poser.

You've stopped thinking.... your mind is a void and a mess.

You sound mad.

drbrumley

For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities--all things have been created through Him and for Him. (Colossians 1:16)

Obviously verse 15 describes Jesus, so it is within context to say verse 16 also describes Jesus. For by Him (Jesus) ALL THINGS WERE CREATED!!! Wouldn't it be right to say that?

drbrumley

Here we see a plurality in the Godhead:

"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness... So God created man in his own image" (Gen1:26,27).​

Here God is spoken of as being a plurality. This is a case of a "compound unity," a concept which is spoken of here:

"For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh. This is a great mystery" (Eph.5:31-32).​

This concept is above the reasoning of our finite minds and that is why Paul calls it a "mystery." Nevertheless, the concept of "compound unity" is found in the Bible and that same concept applies to the Godhead.

The Bible reveals that there is One God in three Divine Persons. That is why we read of the "name" (singular) of God here:

"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit" (Mt.28:19).​

Can anyone explain why we see plural pronouns in this verse?:

"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness" (Gen1:26).​

Thanks!

While I 100 % agree with this, this doesn't make the case for the trinity.

Prizebeatz1

Wrong again, but you are consistent.

You fall for the bait of judgment every time. You are the one who is consistent. It reminds me of a friend's pet ferret that would always stick its nose in the fire and never learn that it would get burned.

Prizebeatz1

Another judgement from Prizebeatz1... hypocrite!

I'm consistently honest, whereas you evade.

I know when and how to put the tool of judgment down but you seem oblivious to your need to avoid what is infinite and eternal.

What you think is evasive is the fact that what is infinite cannot be defined by the personality. You are powerless against this and don't like the way it makes you feel. The personality tells you you are vulnerable and naked which causes temptation to judge yourself as bad. You might be okay if you only judged once but you continue to bite the forbidden fruit. You wouldn't know how to act without the false sense of control it gives. You feel the need to fix things and cover the naked vulnerability of your infinite self with the protection of thoughts, beliefs and judgments. Here is where you start to build your personality to fortify defensive walls against what is infinite. You become proud of this identity but don't realize you have turned your back on what is infinite which is God. Belief in the traditional Jesus is one example of how you turn your back on what is infinite. The personality has tricked you.

The truth is Jesus is symbolism for the freedom and liberation of what is infinite. Embedded in this freedom and liberation is the feeling of self-worth. It is infinite because there is literally nothing to hold on to. Notice how badly the personality goes against this and always tries to find something to latch onto. It is always resisting what is infinite because it doesn't trust God and the universe will keep it safe. It feels it will die.

When we learn to quit judging this feeling of death as bad, we begin to break our conditioning of resistance. We become less attached to holding on to thoughts, beliefs and the identity of who take ourselves to be. Such things pull us away from stillness and silence and we drown deeper in the quicksand. The grave we are digging is our own. We need to know when to stop judging and let things run their course.

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
I know when and how to put the tool of judgment down but you seem oblivious to your need to avoid what is infinite and eternal.
Yes, you are superior to all of us lesser beings.

What you think is evasive is the fact that what is infinite cannot be defined by the personality.
If it cannot be defined, it cannot be discussed.

You are powerless against this and don't like the way it makes you feel.
More false assessment of "how I feel"

The personality tells you you are vulnerable and naked which causes temptation to judge yourself as bad. You might be okay if you only judged once but you continue to bite the forbidden fruit. You wouldn't know how to act without the false sense of control it gives. You feel the need to fix things and cover the naked vulnerability of your infinite self with the protection of thoughts, beliefs and judgments. Here is where you start to build your personality to fortify defensive walls against what is infinite. You become proud of this identity but don't realize you have turned your back on what is infinite which is God. Belief in the traditional Jesus is one example of how you turn your back on what is infinite. The personality has tricked you.

The truth is Jesus is symbolism for the freedom and liberation of what is infinite. Embedded in this freedom and liberation is the feeling of self-worth. It is infinite because there is literally nothing to hold on to. Notice how badly the personality goes against this and always tries to find something to latch onto. It is always resisting what is infinite because it doesn't trust God and the universe will keep it safe. It feels it will die.
You just keep babbling on without the slightest grounding in fact.

When we learn to quit judging this feeling of death as bad, we begin to break our conditioning of resistance. We become less attached to holding on to thoughts, beliefs and the identity of who take ourselves to be. Such things pull us away from stillness and silence and we drown deeper in the quicksand. The grave we are digging is our own. We need to know when to stop judging and let things run their course.
:french:

Prizebeatz1

Yes, you are superior to all of us lesser beings.

If it cannot be defined, it cannot be discussed.

More false assessment of "how I feel"

You just keep babbling on without the slightest grounding in fact.

:french:

You continue to miss the point. People have been discussing the soul for centuries. You can't afford to be honest. Your need for grounding is exactly what is keeping you from what is infinite. You are admitting that you do not know God and are consciously avoiding Him. No wonder you are so trapped.

Right Divider

Body part
You continue to miss the point. People have been discussing the soul for centuries. You can't afford to be honest. Your need for grounding is exactly what is keeping you from what is infinite.
Define what YOU mean by "the soul". Then we have something to communicate about.