Legendary Artist David Bowie Dies at 69

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
12376210_10153431360168869_2326014685564590211_n.png

I hadn't read the first page with this on it before making my previous post. Well done.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Iman tweeted, "The struggle is real, but so is God".

I liked a lot of his music, mostly the 80's stuff.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Hours before David Bowie's death was announced on Sunday, Iman, his wife of almost 24 years, shared a touching quote with her followers on Instagram.

"The struggle is real, but so is God," the image read.

She added the simple caption, "Rise."

On Saturday, the supermodel shared another quote: "Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory."​

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/iman-david-bowie-death-quote_5693d1ebe4b0a2b6fb70dc7f

Daniel1769

“Rock has always been the devil’s music, you can’t convince me that it isn’t. I honestly believe everything I’ve said—I believe rock and roll is dangerous. … I feel that we’re only heralding something even darker than ourselves” (DAVID BOWIE, Rolling Stone, February 12, 1976, p. 83).

This Charming Manc

So he was a sinner?

Dont we have good news for sinners?

“Rock has always been the devil’s music, you can’t convince me that it isn’t. I honestly believe everything I’ve said—I believe rock and roll is dangerous. … I feel that we’re only heralding something even darker than ourselves” (DAVID BOWIE, Rolling Stone, February 12, 1976, p. 83).

Daniel1769

So he was a sinner?

Dont we have good news for sinners?

Not after they're already dead having never believed on Christ. I used to be a huge rock n roll fanatic, and played in rock bands. I still listen to certain bands occasionally, but frankly, it was stuff like this Bowie quote that scared me off of it. Though I never really was a Bowie fan. He had a few songs I liked like "Changes" and "Suffragette City." It's a shame he died having not believed on Christ, to my knowledge anyway.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
The story of Lazarus is synonymous with death and resurrection, based on the biblical account in John 11. Though he healed many, Jesus delayed going to see his very sick friend Lazarus of Bethany, because he had another plan in store. “This sickness is not unto death,” Christ said, “but for the glory of God, that the Son of Man may be glorified through it.”

Lazarus, in fact, died four days before Jesus arrived in Bethany. The teacher told Lazarus’ sister Martha not to be fearful, “I am the resurrection and the life. Do you believe this?” He then went to the tomb, where her brother was buried, and called out, “Lazarus, come forth!” His friend emerged from the tomb in grave clothes to the astonishment of the crowd on hand.

Bowie ends his video by retreating into a wardrobe closet, seemingly a reference to his soon expected passing. The piece of furniture, however, is reminiscent of that found in fellow Brit C.S. Lewis’ Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe, which of course led to a whole new world for those who entered.​

-- http://www.westernjournalism.com/wa...vid-bowie-released-just-days-before-his-death