Koban/Resurrected Is One of the Funniest People On This Forum

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
an unanswered question for bybee:
i never said i was :idunno:

but you appear to be saying that since we are not Jesus, as Christians we should not confront evil

let me ask you very directly and i would hope that you could give me a direct answer:

as Christians, should we confront evil?

1PeaceMaker

I have no time or room for contempt in my heart for anyone, I just wish ppl could be nice and civil, myself included at times.

:up: That's a godly attitude, in my opinion. Love works no ill towards his neighbor. And it's the intent of the heart (per Ezekiel 36:26) that really matters, what flows out of a man's heart... as Jesus put it.

1PeaceMaker

i am washed free from sin by His sacrifice

Do you mean in the sense of Ezekiel 36:26?

Certainly you can "do what you want" in relation to the love that constrains you, if the promise to you has been fulfilled. That means you can fulfill Matthew 7:12 and can do nothing less.

voltaire

BANNED
Banned
Do you mean in the sense of Ezekiel 36:26?

Certainly you can "do what you want" in relation to the love that constrains you, if the promise to you has been fulfilled. That means you can fulfill Matthew 7:12 and can do nothing less.

Can you explain what you mean? In my understanding, Christ washed away all of our sins when he rose from the dead.

1PeaceMaker

Can you explain what you mean? In my understanding, Christ washed away all of our sins when he rose from the dead.

I speak of faith in the personal sense of the promise "to you" being fulfilled, without debating the theological details.

What happens when you accept the Holy Spirit? When you believe? Do you believe that love in your heart is an automatic part of the package?

Regardless of how you want to theologically slice and dice the details, the outcome of the intervention of the Savior in your life when you believe is the same.

He that was forgiven little loveth little, and he that was forgiven much loves much.

voltaire

BANNED
Banned
I speak of faith in the personal sense of the promise "to you" being fulfilled, without debating the theological details.

What happens when you accept the Holy Spirit? When you believe? Do you believe that love in your heart is an automatic part of the package?

Regardless of how you want to theologically slice and dice the details, the outcome of the intervention of the Savior in your life when you believe is the same.

He that was forgiven little loveth little, and he that was forgiven much loves much.

I agree with this. But as it relates to res, I think he doesn't really believe a lot of what he says. He is probably more merciful in reality than he portrays here on TOL. In my opinion, the promotion of evil on TOL in his eyes must be countered. His bluster , in my opinion, toward his antagonists is his way of doing that. You and me have received some REAL UNMERCIFUL HATRED on this board. I have not seen res behave in the same manner because his attacks on his enemies appear like they are coming from a cartoon character. In fact, he appears a lot to me like foghorn leghorn,

1PeaceMaker

I agree with this. But as it relates to res, I think he doesn't really believe a lot of what he says.

If that's true, then he needs to be helped to properly reflect his beliefs.

Also possible, is that he needs to have his beliefs clarified or have a moment of revelation.

He is probably more merciful in reality than he portrays here on TOL.

That would hamper preaching of the gospel, so it's best not to mislead others about the importance of mercy.

In my opinion, the promotion of evil on TOL in his eyes must be countered. His bluster , in my opinion, toward his antagonists is his way of doing that.

I think the best way to handle an enemy is to turn the cheek and be as merciful as possible.

You and me have received some REAL UNMERCIFUL HATRED on this board.

Well, like I said before, I try not to underestemate a bully because I've personally seen hate turn to love and remorse.

I have not seen res behave in the same manner because his attacks on his enemies appear like they are coming from a cartoon character. In fact, he appears a lot to me like foghorn leghorn,

That's how you see it because it's easy for you to relate to the position he's in. The problem with his enemies is that they are biased against him based on his aproach and their mental impression of him which is quite different than how you see him.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
man - for a light-hearted thread this turned ugly fast

i had forgotten how persistent my creepy stalkers were back in the day