Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
:up:

I wanna play too!

I. How to be Proud of the Determinist's God

Step 1: Be a humanist (Deny any freedom of God so that humans can fully trust Him in the only way they could fully trust another human.)
Step 2: Have a blind irrational hatred for anything remotely Open Theistic (in the words of Hilston: "Open Theism is a disease of the mind.")
Step 3: Tell God what human-like attributes He cannot be allowed, and what God-sent passages of the Bible He must have been kidding about, because even God can't be consistantly good unless He has no ability to make choices.
Step 4: Write off as figurative, language in the Bible that, when taken as written, strips God of His trustworthiness when comparing Him to other humans.
Step 5: Keep a close eye on God (who we cannot allow to be anything more than a perpetual motion machine) to make sure He doesn't become self-aware and falter in His programmed righteousness.

Logical conclusions FTW!

:first:

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
FTW = for the win

See it a lot on game forums, probably lots of others too, but that's where I picked it up.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
FTW = for the win

See it a lot on game forums, probably lots of others too, but that's where I picked it up.
Oh, good.

I was afraid it was [a backwards version of] something else, and you didn't realize it.

Status
Not open for further replies.