Knight's pick 7-25-2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Humbling!

This thread was started by someone who seems to hate this site and the people who populate it...making me wonder why he continues to return here.

However, I will attempt to answer.

In the time I've been here, I've seen one person turn his back on a gay lifestyle and embrace Christ...I've seen several non-believers and former believers turn to Christ...I've seen a lot of people's faith strengthened (mine included)...and I, myself, have drastically changed my stance on abortion, in part because of discussion here at TOL.

But the Holy Spirit coming into a person's heart isn't like pressing the Easy Button. Sometimes words or conversations sink in like seeds, but don't bear fruit for years. I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss what affect this forum may have.

That said, I don't like the level of vitriol some people use here. There's pointing out someone's sin in a blunt and forthright manner (which is Biblical)...and then there is schoolyard name-calling. I prefer the former to the latter. However, if you don't like how people here behave and speak, no one's forcing you to visit.
:first:

Status
Not open for further replies.