Knight's pick 11-25-2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Vegas Cowboy is a great new addition to TOL.

It's true the Horn is an easy target but still.... this is some great smack. :up:

Being pro-choice doesn't mean that you "hate" babies.
That's ridiculous assumption. It would be more accurate to say that pro-lifers(who are really just anti-choice) hate babies, because they don't give a you-know-what about babies once they're born.

How is accusing pro-murderers (I mean pro-choiceers, sorry) of hating babies any different than accusing pro-lifers of not caring about a baby once they are born? Can you explain that to me please?

Yes,I know,anti-choicers always respond to this fact with disingenuous and self-serving blather about how much they contribute to charities and that conservatives supposedly contribute more to charities than liberals.

The difference is that liberals expect the GOVERNMENT to do it all. The Unites States, they believe, and humanity in general is BROKEN, and the only way it can possible be fixed is through government intervention. You (and by this I mean Liberal-minded folks) fail to recognize history reflects an overwhelming compassionate response of the individual in this country to respond and come through to assist those in need. Why do you hate the power of the individual?

The Federal Government has no place in this process. It gets very tiresome when Liberals use an emotional response to illicit support from people who cannot think for themselves and believe that socially and fiscally responsible conservatives don't care for their fellow man. This is utterly untrue and extremely disingenuous.

(Liberal Thinking 101: "The evil, nasty conservatives want to get rid of the Department of Education because the government has no business involving itself in the education of our children, so this means that they HATE our children and WANT them to become crack whores on the street. Oh why, oh why do they hate our children so?" Just one example of the emotional appeal.)

When conservatives and "anti-choicers" do give to charities out of the goodness of their hearts and the depths of their pockets (as opposed to relying on the government to "look good" on their behalf), how is that ever indicative of "disingenuous and self-serving blather?"

What right have you to judge the motives of people who give from their heart to a cause in which they believe? I can no more come to any conclusion about your motives than you can about mine or any other conservative. We have only our actions in this matter to craft a picture. Remember it is conservatives and pro-lifers who are giving out of their own pockets and not asking the government to take over their charitable desires. Which of these means more...a government, bureaucratic program that has its own political means at heart, or a person who has earned his or her own money through hard work and still chooses to give?

But that's a total cop out. Private charities don't even come remotely close toproviding enough to provide for all the poor children in America.

:duh: That's because too many whiny Liberals cannot think on their own and rely on the government and Father Obama to take the place of good, honest, human compassion.

Only the government can prevent abortions by providing subsidies to poor pregnant women,married or single,which it doesn't.

Unfortunately, you are wrong. It isn't only the goverment who is depraved enough to provide funding for murder. There are plenty of individuals and corporations who gladly take up the sword for this evil cause.

That's why we have such a high abortion rate in America.

Wrong again. The reason we have such a high abortion rate in this country is because people turn their back on common sense and Our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. But fear not! You will have Him to answer to some day.

It's wrong to bring poor,unwanted children into the world,(and don't give me all that garbage about adoption,since that is not a solution to the problem of abortion).

You simply cannot be that ill-informed. Seriously. When you think that adoption is evil and murder is good, you have a BIG problem.

What good is being born if your mother can't provide you you with decent food,shelter,education and medical care?

Why do you so undervalue the power of the individual? Why do you believe that everything must be handed to you on a silver platter? Why is the power of "rags to riches" so hard for you to grasp?

The lack of this dooms you to a life of misery.(And don't give me all that blather about "they might succeed anyway".)

In what cave, exactly, do you live? No one has ever exceeded through determination and hard work, right? Your own precious Comrad Obama would even disagree with this vomitous argument.

Unless America does a lot more to aleviate poverty and provide for the poor,there will be absolutely no reduction of the abortion rate.

And 'round and 'round we go. You might try picking up a copy of the Constitution and actually reading it before you type this tripe.

I know that some of my examples do not directly relate to the abortion issue, but it illustrates the greater sickness inherent in liberal ideologies.
:first:

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Thanks all! Sometimes you just want to say :vomit: :doh: :bang: to these people, and sometimes you have to flesh it out a little bit.

Still...I'm always happy to beat that dead horse. :D

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Great post. Yeah the Horn is an easy target. I picked on him a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.