Knight's pick 10-27-2012

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Vaquero45 explains to a Calvinist that Teddy Bears don't actually love us. Well said!
It would not be any different if it were the case that the one acting did not notice a difference. I'll agree. But, if I am made aware that it is in fact compelled, I now notice/know the difference. It no longer "feels" relational, just programmed. If you put yourself in the shoes of the Creator, (yikes :) ) how can it be meaningful to Him? I don't see how. Now if we have free will to some degree at least, then it is actually relational, and much more real.
Buying a teddy bear that has "I Love You" printed on it's shirt, verses a parent, child, spouse or friend that actually chooses to love you for who you are. Of course the teddy bear isn't sentient, but I think the example fits.
:first:

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The God of Calvinism somehow reminds me of a Teddy Bear.....

Great Post Vaquero. :D

OMEGA

Teddy Bears don't actually love us !!!!

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!

MY LIFE IS RUINED !!

I CAN'T GO ON BECAUSE TEDDY DOESN'T LOVE ME ANYMORE .

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
Sorry Omega! :)

It would not be any different if it were the case that the one acting did not notice a difference. I'll agree.

When I said this, I should have added, "in the sense that perception is reality." It would still be different, but we wouldn't know.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
It's still October?:jawdrop:

No wonder I was surprised by Thanksgiving!

:eek:

Congrats, V45!:thumb: