Knight's pick 05-03-2012

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
In reagard to who would win in a battle to the death, Pegasus or Unicorn?

From the image in the OP, the unicorn is a horse-like unicorn (instead of being a goat-like unicorn) and Pegasus is a winged horse of approximately the same size.

The traditional method of fighting among stallions is through biting, kicking with hind hooves, striking with front hooves, and ramming with shoulders.

The unicorn has a greater mass due to the hollow bones of Pegasus, increasing the power of the kicks and the ramming attacks.
The unicorn has an additional weapon (the horn) and can add stabbing with the horn as a weapon or can be used instead of shoulders for ramming (but that could break the unicorn's neck). However, the unicorn horn traditionally has the power to heal, so may not be effective in a fight.

Pegasus has wings as an additional weapon that can be used for buffeting.
Pegasus has flight which can be used to increase speed, and can be used in turn to increase the power of the ramming attacks.
Pegasus can also use the increased speed from flight to increase the power of kicking with hind hooves, while staying out of reach of every attack from the unicorn except for the horn.
:first:

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Very informative, I don't know what for but, I guess it could be helpful someday...:chuckle:

Good imaginative post GenO. :thumb:

genuineoriginal

The TV show, "Deadliest Warrior," is only comparing humanoids, but I tried to apply the same type of reasoning they used in the show by breaking down the attacks used by each and comparing them.

Lon

I stayed out of it because I thought it was for girls throwing a Barbie tea-party... :(

day two: Crickets chirping...

Sheepishly... (I do have two girls, they're just grown up now...er that and sometimes my
humor drops like a lead balloon, despite massive amounts of hot-gas).

Last edited: