ECT "Kingdom of Heaven," "Kingdom of God" as used in the Gospels

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus Christ is the King of Israel of which we are a member.

Not saved yet, huh?

Rom 10:1 Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.
Rom 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
Rom 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

Rosenritter

The word "heaven" refers to the spirit realm that surrounds the earth.

Ephesians 4:6: "One God and Father of all, who is above all and through all and in you all."

The phrase "above all" refers to his higher state of being.

The Father is as close to you as your next thought.
Jeremiah 4:25 KJV
I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.

Heaven can also mean sky or atmosphere depending in context.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
The terms seem to be used interchangeably in the four Gospels. Matthew uses KoH almost exclusively while the others mostly KoG. Do you see a distinction between them or are they talking about the same thing? And extending that to Acts and Paul, same question.

Whoever wants to answer, you have the mic.

Matthew writes to Jews who were sensitive to the use of the name G-d. Therefore he chose to call it the kingdom of heaven. Both the kingdom of heaven and the kingdom of God are referring to the Messianic Kingdom.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Interplanner

Not saved yet, huh?

Rom 10:1 Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.
Rom 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
Rom 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

Paul is using that historically--past tense--Steko. The new covenant is here, our debt of sin is taken away, he did come to Zion, etc. Where have you been.

He said that in the passage on the question of how people are members in God's "olive tree." It is by faith, whether they are Jew or Gentile. That is the Israel that will be saved.

In that whole stream, saved never means a restored theocracy to Israel; it means justification in Christ and the blessings of the Spirit for the person's life in that gift.

Danoh

Matthew writes to Jews who were sensitive to the use of the name G-d. Therefore he chose to call it the kingdom of heaven. Both the kingdom of heaven and the kingdom of God are referring to the Messianic Kingdom.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

They are.

In Matthew thru John.

Not so in the Apostle Paul's use.

Matthew 26:29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

Luke 22:30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Romans 14:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

1 Corinthians 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

Interplanner

They are.

In Matthew thru John.

Not so in the Apostle Paul's use.

Matthew 26:29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

Luke 22:30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Romans 14:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

1 Corinthians 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

That's because you Danoh do not know that the reign is here and Paul spoke of it as here and meant that the prophets were saying it was here. You've put yourself in charge and think you can do 'air traffic control' with these things but you can't. They are all settled and all conflict with D'ism.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Not saved yet, huh?

Saved from what, death?

Nope, I'm not yet immortal and neither are you. Our eternal life is held in trust by Jesus Christ until the first resurrection.

At this time we are not inherently immortal (saved).

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Nope to the "we are a member" part.

No offence, but we've been down this road before.

Galatians 6:15-16: "For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but a new creation. And as many as walk according to this rule, peace and mercy be upon them and upon the Israel of God."

In the Israel Christ brought out of Egypt circumcision was required.

Why are you not a new creation?

Interplanner

Saved from what, death?

Nope, I'm not yet immortal and neither are you. Our eternal life is held in trust by Jesus Christ until the first resurrection.

At this time we are not inherently immortal (saved).

Right: as Luther said: "He to whom God wishes to speak, whether in anger or in love, cannot cease to exist."

However, the primary meaning of saved is justified from sins. That is presently available.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
However, the primary meaning of saved is justified from sins.

Salvation is exemption from the second death by receiving the gift of immortality.

Revelation 20:6: "Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power..."

Immortals are not subject to death, they have life inherent.

Interplanner

Salvation is exemption from the second death by receiving the gift of immortality.

Revelation 20:6: "Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power..."

Immortals are not subject to death, they have life inherent.

A person needs to be justified from their sins to receive that.

Danoh

That's because you Danoh do not know that the reign is here and Paul spoke of it as here and meant that the prophets were saying it was here. You've put yourself in charge and think you can do 'air traffic control' with these things but you can't. They are all settled and all conflict with D'ism.

Nope. YOU are confusing reigns. The physical, literal one is NOT the spiritual literal one.

Theirs is both physical and spiritual. Thus, the Lord's words to them about sitting and eating and drinking with them in their kingdom with Him - which you deny.

The Body's is also literal but spiritual and in the Heavens, thus Paul's words to the Body about not meat and drink.

YOU - and those who confuse the above distinction between those two with you - have an Identity crisis you are each not even aware of.

I am just pointing this out.

I am not the issue.

None of us are.

Christ ALONE...is.

Get UNconfused; walk IN WHO He has made you IN HIM.

God's New Agency, that Literal, but Spiritual Creature IN His Son: the Body OF CHRIST.

NOT His OTHER Agency - the Spiritual, but Physical Agency: the Israel OF GOD.

Interplanner

Nope. YOU are confusing reigns. The physical, literal one is NOT the spiritual literal one.

Theirs is both physical and spiritual. Thus, the Lord's words to them about sitting and eating and drinking with them in their kingdom with Him - which you deny.

The Body's is also literal but spiritual and in the Heavens, thus Paul's words to the Body about not meat and drink.

YOU - and those who confuse the above distinction between those two with you - have an Identity crisis you are each not even aware of.

I am just pointing this out.

I am not the issue.

None of us are.

Christ ALONE...is.

Get UNconfused; walk IN WHO He has made you IN HIM.

God's New Agency, that Literal, but Spiritual Creature IN His Son: the Body OF CHRIST.

NOT His OTHER Agency - the Spiritual, but Physical Agency: the Israel OF GOD.

Do you realize that your opening line is about two reigns and your closing says they are one? And you think I'm confused? lol

Who is "theirs" in the 2nd paragraph?

Oh, I think you mean there is a 2nd program for Israel all over again. There is not. The Israel of God is both Jew and Gentile as you know from Rom 9.

Danoh

Do you realize that your opening line is about two reigns and your closing says they are one? And you think I'm confused? lol

Who is "theirs" in the 2nd paragraph?

Oh, I think you mean there is a 2nd program for Israel all over again. There is not. The Israel of God is both Jew and Gentile as you know from Rom 9.

TWO Fold Reign.

As for the rest of your post - just you also; in your often failing to see the obvious.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

And we know Jesus Christ is the head of the church of God, his body.

Colossians 1:18: "And He is the head of the body, the church..."

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul is using that historically--past tense--Steko.
You continually declare that but I disagree.

The new covenant is here,

How come you're trying to teach your neighbors?

Jer 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour,

our debt of sin is taken away,

...by the finished work of Christ on the cross.

he did come to Zion, etc.

He did indeed and He will again.

Where have you been.

Sitting in heavenly places in Christ Jesus.

He said that in the passage on the question of how people are members in God's "olive tree." It is by faith, whether they are Jew or Gentile.
...which points to Abraham not Israel.

That is the Israel that will be saved.

Those that have the faith of Abraham according to the gospel of grace 'are' saved.

In that whole stream, saved never means a restored theocracy to Israel;

Yes, it does. The whole stream of prophecy declares it. You simply don't believe it.

it means justification in Christ and the blessings of the Spirit for the person's life in that gift.

Actually, Paul talks about our justification in 'other' places. In Romans 9-11 Paul is talking about his kinsman according to the flesh Rom 9:3, who are Israelites Rom 9:4,to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;
Rom 9:5 Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came.

andyc

The terms seem to be used interchangeably in the four Gospels. Matthew uses KoH almost exclusively while the others mostly KoG. Do you see a distinction between them or are they talking about the same thing? And extending that to Acts and Paul, same question.

Whoever wants to answer, you have the mic.

They are the same.

Mad says they are not the same.

That's why mad is mad.

Danoh

They are the same.

Mad says they are not the same.

That's why mad is mad.

Coming from someone who equates the gibberish results of emotional ecstasy viewed thru human viewpoint's superstitious notions as being the tongues of angels; yours is just one more instance of more...gibberish.

Of course, when should you raise some sound point, no matter the topic; expect my endorsement.

Interplanner

You continually declare that but I disagree.

How come you're trying to teach your neighbors?

Jer 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour,

...by the finished work of Christ on the cross.

He did indeed and He will again.

Sitting in heavenly places in Christ Jesus.

...which points to Abraham not Israel.

Those that have the faith of Abraham according to the gospel of grace 'are' saved.

Yes, it does. The whole stream of prophecy declares it. You simply don't believe it.

Actually, Paul talks about our justification in 'other' places. In Romans 9-11 Paul is talking about his kinsman according to the flesh Rom 9:3, who are Israelites Rom 9:4,to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;
Rom 9:5 Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came.

The restored theocracy, besides being of no use theologically now that the Gospel is here, never shows up in the passages with the most to say about the destiny of all these things. rom 2, 8, 11, Act 13's sermon, 26's presentation, Heb 9, I Cor 15, 2 Tim 2, 2 Pet 3. If there was a compelling reason, I would believe it even if these passages for some reason forgot to mention it. There is not. In fact, they show the fulfillment of "Davidic" themes, as Acts 2 quotes Ps 2 and 16 and 110.