Status
Not open for further replies.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
TOL is a place for discussion. It is a place to visit and revisit ideas and beliefs in order to edify (hopefully) one another.

We often see topics that have appeared a great many times. Even seemingly tired conversations often lead to heated debates.

This is, I believe, a noble thing.

Abortion is one such topic that is always in circulation here.

I will never get tired of talking to people about the evil inherant in the murder of unborn children. To become complacent and weary of such is to cease to love God.

What I am about to say will, no doubt, be viewed as arrogant. This cannot be helped. The stakes are too high and the price too great to walk softly.

I plea with all my soul to those who endorse the heinous act of abortion to reconsider their thinking.

To my brothers and sisters in Christ...we must continue to stand up and fight against those love evil and hate good.

A society that abhors God, embraces death.

Proverbs 8: 35-36 (KJV)

We live in a time filled with many men and women who have turned their back on God. Babies are routinely sacrificed on the blackened altars of ignorance, convenience, and feminism. Supporters of abortion find it acceptable and very matter-of-fact to kill unborn children. They argue that a fetus is not a child.

They are wrong.

They go round and round, nitpicking over which month or week or day or hour a child must reach before it becomes unacceptable to take his or her life. They rationalize their way out of murder and play a very dangerous game with their soul. The right to life and love is not determined by a matter of inches.

When Mary went to visit her cousin Elisabeth...

Notice the use of the word "babe." It wasn't a fetus that leaped within her. Not according to God. It is very clear that God consideres unborn children to be more than simply a mass of cells. Children...all children...belong to God.

A child, at the very moment of conception, is just as precious, sacred, and loved by God as a child who takes its first breath on delivery day.

A society that has forsaken God will celebrate the mother while desecrating and destroying the life that she helped to create.

There are also those who, perhaps, would not engage in such an evil practice themselves, but they believe in allowing others to do so. "What right have I," they say, "to tell a person what they can or cannot do with their life?"

What right have you, I say, to play God?

God alone can determine when a life can be taken justly. A woman who advocates the destruction of her child, as well as the abortion doctor assisting with her unrighteous decision, usurp the authority of their Creator. They stroll down paths of conceit that no person should dare to walk.

A person's choice to deny the very existence of God renders Him no less real.

You will be accountable to Him some day.

I cannot fathom greater arrogancy than those who justify the murder of children by endorsing abortion.

Supporters of abortion mock God's gift. He trusts and blesses us, as parents, with children. He asks us to bring them up in righteousness and love.

Humanity is no more earned by virtue of birth than is Grace by virtue of our actions.

Christ, and Christ alone, died for the sins of the parents. They cannot atone for their mistakes by way of the shadowy hands of the abortionist.

In Philipians 2:3, Paul teaches us to value others above even ourselves...

Abortion is a crime of convenience. It is a crime of ignorance.

The moment abortion was legalized in this country, for the very first time, we took a collective step away from the value of humanity.

Proverbs 1: 29-31 (KJV)

It cannot be more plainly stated.

For those of you who support abortion, I beg you...

Please, please remember that Jesus loves you. Please do not turn your back on Him.

To those of you who do not believe in Jesus Christ, but reject the evil that is abortion, thank you for standing by us in this great cause.

To my brothers and sisters in Christ. Thank you. Thank you for your example. Thank you for waking up each morning with a desire to bring people to God. It is imperative that we proclaim the dignity and worth of each human life. Each and every unborn child deserves our love and our battle for their survival! The future of our nation and the very integrity of our faith rests upon it.

We must continue to strive to protect and preserve life...one unborn child at a time.

May the God of Heaven bless us all.

I just could not pass this one up. VC keeps pumping out some great Truth Smack

:first:

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I do feel bad about it being derailed though. It is a very good thread.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I do feel bad about it being derailed though. It is a very good thread.

It is like many others, I suppose, but these things should forever be on our mind. Trad enjoys provoking me. He likes to undermine my love for the Savior though his strange sense of political rightness.

:idunno:

It is a free country...for now, anyway.

Thanks again, IK...I appreciate that.

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I did make a comment in the thread about how I felt about the derail.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I love seeing subscribers make POTD's!! :up:

But make sure to put a date in your thread title like this.. "Kett's POTD 01-19-2011". Otherwise you will end up with several threads with the same title "Kett's POTD".

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Can you fix the title--Please with sugar on top? I tend to goof up my first try. Has something to do with the wooden head. :hammer:

Status
Not open for further replies.