Ketts' pick 06-11-2013--Knight on Government

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Knight answers RandPaulfor2016 on what is the ideal government.
No offense taken.

My short answer is....

I don't believe government should act this way or that way based on arbitrary human created reasons. God created man.... and He created the institution of government. Therefore we should do our best to govern in the way God designed and all the lessons of how to govern are contained within His word.

Therefore.... based on God's word I believe Government should be small and less intrusive when it comes to our personal freedoms EXCEPT in regard to moral issues. Morality is the lever that guides a civil society.

When government steps away from the moral issues of society you end up living in a cesspool where you can't even let your kids out of the house to ride their bike. I don't want to live in a place like Amsterdam where people are having oral sex at the bus stop. I don't want to live in a society where it's legal for my 53 year old neighbor to seduce my children. I don't want to live in a society where it's morally acceptable to murder children, etc. etc. etc. That's not a civil society.

God is very wise. We should listen to Him more closely.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
6 In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.
7 Do not be wise in your own eyes;
Fear the Lord and depart from evil.
8 It will be health to your flesh,
And strength to your bones. - Proverbs:3 5-9
I am highlighting this post for posterity because it is so good. Great post Knight!

Christian Liberty

I agree with him on some stuff, and not on others, but it wasn't a bad attempt at a response.

Good job Knight.

I look forward to a chance to prove you wrong on the areas in which you are in error next time;)