Justification of Eternal Punishment

Cross Reference

That is not my desire At All.
You can't even say if you believe that a soul can or can't be destroyed. And you claim that I have no capacity to understand? At least I know what I believe and I am able to put it into words, which are not coincidentally the same words that the Bible uses. The wicked will perish, they will be no more, and their destiny is destruction.

You don't have to believe what I believe. Believe whatever you want. If you want to believe that God tortures sinners in hell for all eternity, I'm not stopping you. A lot of people believe that. I find no evidence in the Bible for that view and a lot of evidence for the view that the wicked will be destroyed on the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly. But believe whatever makes you happy, If that is eternal torture, then believe that.

Good! Now back off.

Timotheos

Good! Now back off.

Deal.

You have no contact with me, you don't comment on anything I post, and I don't comment on anything you post. If I believe that the wicked perish because the Bible, God's Word, says that the wicked will perish, I don't see how you could possibly have a problem with that. I don't see how me believing God has anything at all to do with you.

Cross Reference

Deal.

You have no contact with me, you don't comment on anything I post, and I don't comment on anything you post. If I believe that the wicked perish because the Bible, God's Word, says that the wicked will perish, I don't see how you could possibly have a problem with that. I don't see how me believing God has anything at all to do with you.

Because, you can't see. Don't blame others for your handicap.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Your desire is to dissolve by analysis the understanding of the word "destroy" given us in the eternal sense to understand. No thanks to your invite to make clear that for which you have no capacity to understand.

do you believe eternal suffering is eternal life?

Word based mystic

The fire is more than a normal earthly fire. some will spiritualize certain scriptures to maintain their doctrine and then flip right around and assign earthly concepts/elements (only) to certain things like the (((eternal))) fire, in order to maintain their doctrine..

eternal fire in and of itself is not (only) natural.

When God Who is an all consuming fire assigns an spiritual attribute to the fire, or as I ((see)) IS the the consuming eternal fire that destroys the wicked with the (("whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:"))

also isaiah 11:4 with the breath of his lips he ... at the force of his word, and one breath from his mouth will destroy the wicked.

is the eternal fire ((not capable)) of doing that which it was made to do?

Kill (matt 10:28), consume, destroy, perish, cause to cease to exist and cause to vanish away as smoke.

because the fire is eternal you then ((assume)) that which it is purposed and described as destroying then equates the wicked soul with eternal/indestructible life is sad assumptive suppositions and faulty.

eternal fire = eternal wicked soul that the fire can't consume or destroy.
ummm come on.

Cross Reference

Kill (matt 10:28), consume, destroy, perish, cause to cease to exist and cause to vanish away as smoke.[/QUOTE]

All meant for the Christian to understand what happens to his natural life when he abandons it at the foot of the cross. It is the cost of discipleship.

Word based mystic

Getting squeamish, eh? Afraid I will keep pressing you to be honest? __ and I will.

once again cross reference implies someone is lying/being dishonest with no explanation of what the person is lying about.

still waiting for you to apologize for lying about me condemning people.

and lying about me being intentionally dishonest.

and lying about me (obfuscating)

i have now been noticing the pattern you have been laying about when frustrated at not being able to answer without speculative response.

you condemn and call them liars or insult.

sad.

Cross Reference

once again cross reference implies someone is lying/being dishonest with no explanation of what the person is lying about.

still waiting for you to apologize for lying about me condemning people.

and lying about me being intentionally dishonest.

and lying about me (obfuscating)

i have now been noticing the pattern you have been laying about when frustrated at not being able to answer without speculative response.

you condemn and call them liars or insult.

sad.

You assume much when I saying I am not able to answer.

There was something I sensed that was not right with you from the outset. Something didn't smell right but, I couldn't immediately put my finger on it and agreed within me to continue with you in agreement until you made your mistake, let your guard down.

I have learned never to ignore my gut feeling when someone uses minimum truth in his conversation.

Cross Reference

can God eliminate a soul?

NO! Not if you believe man's soul is made as God's own Soul, as it must be. Therefore, the death of you believe will happen to the wicked in the unquenchable fire, CANNOT ever happen. Therefore and for understanding of that fact, the word "destroy" must have another definition intended by Jesus to be understood by studying to show yourself approved by rightly dividing His WORD __ all of it.

Now, does the worn die or doesn't it??

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
NO! Not if you believe man's soul is made as God's own Soul, as it must be. Therefore, the death of you believe will happen to the wicked in the unquenchable fire, CANNOT ever happen. Therefore and for understanding of that fact, the word "destroy" must have another definition intended by Jesus to be understood by studying to show yourself approved by rightly dividing His WORD __ all of it.

Now, does the worn die or doesn't it??

finally an answer we can work with
so God is limited in that He cannot eliminate a soul
and
you say
man's soul is made as God's own Soul, as it must be
how does that prevent God from eliminating it?
and
are we not the branches and God is the Vine?
the branches can be cut off without harming the vine
and
the branches can be burned

Cross Reference

finally an answer we can work with
so God is limited in that He cannot eliminate a soul
and
you say
man's soul is made as God's own Soul, as it must be
how does that prevent God from eliminating it?
and
are we not the branches and God is the Vine?
the branches can be cut off without harming the vine
and
the branches can be burned

Does the worm die or doesn't it?

Cross Reference

yes it does die

Then please explain the words of Jesus Who said this:

"And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched." Mark 9:43-46 (KJV)

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Then please explain the words of Jesus Who said this:

"And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched." Mark 9:43-46 (KJV)

Jesus is talking about the desires of the flesh
and
our soul will be lost
if
we don't do something to control them