Just Nosey

Status
Not open for further replies.

folowa

Hi Folks
I suppose i'm just a tourist really ... i'm from a Christian up-bringing but like so many people i'm still trying to make sense of what i believe ... and at 38 still trying to work out what i want to be when i grow up.
I don't really like to push beliefs or have them pushed upon me, what i'm trying to say is i welcome advice but not instruction if that makes sense.
If i have a real purpose for being here i think it would be looking for inspiration. Had a few knocks recently, nothing that other people don't go through every day but enough to make me question my lack of beliefs.
Pretty much sums me up ...

You've probably seen this but a good friend sent me the link -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyheJ480LYA

So its "Hello to everyone" and i'll just take a look around ...

Uberpod1

BANNED
Banned
Welcome, brother.

Beware some here take pride in delivering a "truthsmack" rather than just explore differences in belief.

Good Luck.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
chances are you will not be inspired
and
will most likely react

that is what happens here

welcome to TOL

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Hi Folks
I suppose i'm just a tourist really ... i'm from a Christian up-bringing but like so many people i'm still trying to make sense of what i believe ... and at 38 still trying to work out what i want to be when i grow up.
Nothing wrong with that at all. Have you read The Consolation of Philosophy, by Boethius? The Handbook of Christian Apologetics, by Kreeft and Tacelli? Mere Christianity, by Lewis? The Road Less Traveled, by M. Scott Peck? Any of Chesterton's apologetics? All of these should be of some help.

I don't really like to push beliefs or have them pushed upon me, what i'm trying to say is i welcome advice but not instruction if that makes sense.
Sure. That's why I suggested a broad spectrum of thought found above.

If i have a real purpose for being here i think it would be looking for inspiration. Had a few knocks recently, nothing that other people don't go through every day but enough to make me question my lack of beliefs.
Pretty much sums me up ...
To every thing a season. Welcome. :e4e:

Status
Not open for further replies.