Just a few rapture questions

Jerry Shugart

Is the following in "bold" speaking of believers who will be caught up to meet the Lord Jesus in the air?:

"Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left. Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come" (Mt.24:40-42).​

DansingWall

Is the following in "bold" speaking of believers who will be caught up to meet the Lord Jesus in the air?:

"Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left. Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come" (Mt.24:40-42).​

JEREMIAH 3 [12] Go and proclaim these words toward the north, and say, Return, thou BACKSLIDING ISRAEL, saith the LORD; and I will not cause mine anger to fall upon you: for I am merciful, saith the LORD, and I will not keep anger for ever. [13] Only acknowledge thine iniquity, that thou hast transgressed against the Lord thy God, and hast scattered thy ways to the strangers under every green tree, and ye have not obeyed my voice, saith the Lord. [14] Turn, O backsliding children, saith the Lord; for I AM MARRIED UNTO YOU: and I WILL TAKE YOU ONE OF A CITY, AND TWO OF A FAMILY, AND I WILL BRING YOU TO ZION:

Seems so. And you can see where they are going after meeting the Lord in the air

DansingWall

JEREMIAH 3 [12] Go and proclaim these words toward the north, and say, Return, thou BACKSLIDING ISRAEL, saith the LORD; and I will not cause mine anger to fall upon you: for I am merciful, saith the LORD, and I will not keep anger for ever. [13] Only acknowledge thine iniquity, that thou hast transgressed against the Lord thy God, and hast scattered thy ways to the strangers under every green tree, and ye have not obeyed my voice, saith the Lord. [14] Turn, O backsliding children, saith the Lord; for I AM MARRIED UNTO YOU: and I WILL TAKE YOU ONE OF A CITY, AND TWO OF A FAMILY, AND I WILL BRING YOU TO ZION:

Seems so. And you can see where they are going after meeting the Lord in the air

Do scriptures below refute that? No

MATTHEW 13 [24] Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field: [25] But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way. [26] But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also. [27] So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares? [28] He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up? [29] But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them. [30] LET BOTH GROW TOGETHER UNTIL THE HARVEST: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, GATHER YE TOGETHER FIRST THE TARES, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

MATTHEW 13 [38] The field is the world; THE GOOD SEED ARE THE CHILDREN OF THE KINGDOM; but the tares are the children of the wicked one; [39] The enemy that sowed them is the devil; THE HARVEST IS THE END OF THE WORLD; and the reapers are the angels. [40] As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world. [41] The Son of man shall send forth his angels, AND THEY SHALL GATHER OUT OF HIS KINGDOM ALL THINGS THAT OFFEND, AND THEM WHICH DO INIQUITY; [42] And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. [43] Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

So who are the children of the kingdom (Matt.13v38)? Obviously those people who will be in the Kingdom. Not only is there no mention of a rapture for the “children of the kingdom” but these 2 scriptures make it quite clear the the good guys and the bad guys will be together until the end of the world. At which time the bad guys are destroyed.

PSALM 37 [27] Depart from evil, and do good; and dwell for evermore.[28] For the LORD loveth judgment, and forsaketh not his saints; they are preserved for ever: but the seed of the wicked shall be cut off.[29] The righteous shall inherit the land, and dwell therein for ever.[30] The mouth of the righteous speaketh wisdom, and his tongue talketh of judgment.[31] THE LAW OF HIS GOD IS IN HIS HEART; none of his steps shall slide.[32] The wicked watcheth the righteous, and seeketh to slay him.[33] The LORD will not leave him in his hand, nor condemn him when he is judged.[34] WAIT ON THE LORD, AND KEEP HIS WAY, AND HE SHALL EXALT THEE TO INHERIT THE LAND: WHEN THE WICKED ARE CUT OFF, THOU SHALT SEE IT.

Read Psalm 37. We aint goin to heaven. We will wait right here on Gods good green earth. We will SEE the wicked cut off and inherit the land promised to the fathers

MATTHEW 13 [39] The enemy that sowed them is the devil; THE HARVEST IS THE END OF THE WORLD; and the reapers are the angels.

MATTHEW 13 [30] LET BOTH GROW TOGETHER UNTIL THE HARVEST: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, GATHER YE TOGETHER FIRST THE TARES, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

The HARVEST takes place at the end of the world {as we know it} and as you can read the tares and the wheat will be right here on earth until the harvest. Look in Joel to find when this HARVEST takes place. Its The Day of the Lord!

JOEL 3 [13] Put ye in the sickle, FOR THE HARVEST IS RIPE: come, get you down; for the press is full, the fats overflow; for their wickedness is great. [14] Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for THE DAY OF THE LORD is near in the valley of decision. [15] The sun and the moon shall be darkened, and the stars shall withdraw their shining. [16] The Lord also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the Lord will be the hope of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel. [17] So SHALL YE KNOW THAT I AM THE LORD YOUR GOD DWELLING IN ZION, MY HOLY MOUNTAIN: THEN SHALL JERUSALEM BE HOLY, and there shall no strangers pass through her any more.

genuineoriginal

I These 4:13-17 state that so shall we ever be with the lord. So where is the lord? When he wastaken up ascended where was he taken to?
It is wrong of you to ask where the lord is now.
You should ask where He will be after the meeting in the clouds at his second coming.

genuineoriginal

Hey beamup. One of your main rapture scriptures is actually describing the Day of the Lord

1 THES. 4 [13] But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye SORROW NOT, EVEN AS OTHERS which have no hope. [14] For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. [15] For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. [16] For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with THE VOICE of the archangel, and with THE TRUMP OF GOD: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: [17] Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them IN THE CLOUDS, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. [18] Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

1THES.4 – voice – clouds – trump of God – sorrow not as others -

ZEPH. 1 – voice – clouds – the trumpet – man shall cry bitterly -

ZEPH. 1 [14] The great DAY OF THE LORD is near, it is near, and hasteth greatly, even THE VOICE of the day of the Lord: the mighty MAN SHALL CRY THERE BITTERLY. [15] That day is a day of wrath, a day of trouble and distress, a day of wasteness and desolation, a day of darkness and gloominess, a DAY OF CLOUDS and thick darkness, [16] A DAY OF THE TRUMPET and alarm against the fenced cities, and against the high towers. [17] And I will bring distress upon men, that they shall walk like blind men, because they have sinned against the Lord: and their blood shall be poured out as dust, and their flesh as the dung.

No doubt about it. Both scriptures are speaking of the same event. Both scriptures speak of what happens on the Day of the Lord.

The Day of the Lord takes place AFTER the tribulation period

There are more than one "Day of the Lord" mentioned in the Bible.

genuineoriginal

According to Revelation the Great Tribulation lasts 3 1/2 years (or 42 months).
Revelation does not say how long the tribulation will last.
A careful comparison of scriptures shows that the time of the seven seals is the time of the great tribulation spoken of by Jesus in the Olivet Discourse.
The 3 1/2 year or 42 month period during the trumpets will happen sometime after the end of the great tribulation, but before the wrath of God on the nations.

Zeke

Hi ya doin Zeke. Not sure what your trying to say

Good you? Pretty simple really, my point, like it has been for a long while is the scripture traditional christianity makes historical portrayed by the biblical stories is not history, which is only a covering to hide the spiritual substance underneath that outward portrayal.

You know what portray, picture, painting, speaking with hand gestures, statue symbol, figurative, allegory, dark sayings, parable, is, just few of the sundry ways used by God to speak to men Gal 4:1 as spiritual infants, until Called into sonship by His voice in you portrayed as being asleep, now I know I am know intellectual giant but those words even I can understand whats being implied by those teaching methods pointing to my point clearly stated by Luke 17:21, the only temple our Spiritual king has ever dwelt in since the foundation of this world Acts 17:24 , pretty easy scripture to follow, must be another reason or you would have pointed to where it was so confusing hands with spirit.

DansingWall

Good you? Pretty simple really, my point, like it has been for a long while is the scripture traditional christianity makes historical portrayed by the biblical stories is not history, which is only a covering to hide the spiritual substance underneath that outward portrayal.

You know what portray, picture, painting, speaking with hand gestures, statue symbol, figurative, allegory, dark sayings, parable, is, just few of the sundry ways used by God to speak to men Gal 4:1 as spiritual infants, until Called into sonship by His voice in you portrayed as being asleep, now I know I am know intellectual giant but those words even I can understand whats being implied by those teaching methods pointing to my point clearly stated by Luke 17:21, the only temple our Spiritual king has ever dwelt in since the foundation of this world Acts 17:24 , pretty easy scripture to follow, must be another reason or you would have pointed to where it was so confusing hands with spirit.

I guess i was tryin to figure out what you were saying that has anything to do with the so called rapture

DansingWall

Asked this question before. How many general resurrections are yet to happen? Rapturist or non rapturist. If you can show me more than 2 {thats all i found} please show me the scripture

genuineoriginal

Maybe in yours but theres only 1 Day of the Lord in the ole King James
Even the King James shows that there are more than one day of the lord.

Isaiah 2 the day of the lord on Judah and Jerusalem.
Isaiah 13 the day of the lord on Babylon.
Isaiah 34 the day of the lord on all nations except for the inhabitants of Jerusalem.
Jeremiah 46 the day of the lord on Egypt.
Lamentations 2 the day of the lord against the house of Judah.
Ezekiel 13 the day of the lord against Israel.
Ezekiel 30 the day of the lord against Egypt, Ethiopia, Libya, and Lydia.
Joel 1-2 the day of the lord against Zion.
Joel 3 the day of the lord against the heathen/Gentiles/nations.
Amos 5 the day of the lord against the house of Israel.
Obadiah the day of the lord against all heathen/Gentiles/nations.
Zephaniah 1-2 the day of the lord against Judah and Jerusalem.
Zechariah 14 the day of the lord on the nations surrounding Jerusalem.
Malachi 4 the day of the lord against Judah and Jerusalem.

Zeke

I guess i was tryin to figure out what you were saying that has anything to do with the so called rapture

Wish you would have stated that with the original response. Finding/shown the Door would be better analogy of stepping through into the next world than Rapture which is more like spiritually vibrating in rapture, alias bliss mode. those taste being crumbs falling between the literal cracks of traditional teachings to make us look closure as to what's shinning through them.

Rapture like the second coming when applied outwardly is chinking material to fill the cracks that let light out from Christ within the mystery Col 1:27, most everyone claims to believe but really don't.

DansingWall

Even the King James shows that there are more than one day of the lord.

Isaiah 2 the day of the lord on Judah and Jerusalem.
Isaiah 13 the day of the lord on Babylon.
Isaiah 34 the day of the lord on all nations except for the inhabitants of Jerusalem.
Jeremiah 46 the day of the lord on Egypt.
Lamentations 2 the day of the lord against the house of Judah.
Ezekiel 13 the day of the lord against Israel.
Ezekiel 30 the day of the lord against Egypt, Ethiopia, Libya, and Lydia.
Joel 1-2 the day of the lord against Zion.
Joel 3 the day of the lord against the heathen/Gentiles/nations.
Amos 5 the day of the lord against the house of Israel.
Obadiah the day of the lord against all heathen/Gentiles/nations.
Zephaniah 1-2 the day of the lord against Judah and Jerusalem.
Zechariah 14 the day of the lord on the nations surrounding Jerusalem.
Malachi 4 the day of the lord against Judah and Jerusalem.

Like i said, theres just one Day of the Lord. Like you posted, all those places will experience the day. All the heathens

OBADIAH 1 [15] For the day of the Lord is near upon all the heathen: as thou hast done, it shall be done unto thee: thy reward shall return upon thine own head.

genuineoriginal

Like i said, theres just one Day of the Lord.
And you are wrong about that.

Like you posted, all those places will experience the day. All the heathens

OBADIAH 1 [15] For the day of the Lord is near upon all the heathen: as thou hast done, it shall be done unto thee: thy reward shall return upon thine own head.
Isaiah 2 was about God bringing Babylon against Judah and Jerusalem, and happened a long time ago.
Isaiah 13 was about God bringing the Medes against Babylon, and happened a long time ago.
Isaiah 34 is about God protecting Judah and Jerusalem and taking vengeance against the nations, which will happen in the future.

You seem to have a problem understanding what is written in the Bible when it does not match the doctrines of men that you were taught.

DansingWall

And you are wrong about that.

Isaiah 2 was about God bringing Babylon against Judah and Jerusalem, and happened a long time ago.

You are saying Isaiah 2 happened a long time ago.

Isaiah 2:1-2 (KJV)
1 The word that Isaiah the son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem.
2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD'S house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

Im sorry but contrary to what you believe the "last days" have not yet arrived. We are getting close.

beameup

Seventy weeks [שָׁבוּעַ shâbûwa'] are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the Holy of Holies [קֹדֶשׁ qôdesh -קֹדֶשׁ qôdesh]. - Daniel 9:24

Sixty-nine shabuwa'(literally "sevens") were completed at the death of Messiah [Dan 9:26a], which leaves one seven-year-period remaining to fulfill the prophecy of Daniel 9:24-27

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Seventy weeks [שָׁבוּעַ shâbûwa'] are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the Holy of Holies [קֹדֶשׁ qôdesh -קֹדֶשׁ qôdesh]. - Daniel 9:24

Sixty-nine shabuwa'(literally "sevens") were completed at the death of Messiah [Dan 9:26a], which leaves one seven-year-period remaining to fulfill the prophecy of Daniel 9:24-27

Shalom.

Today is Chamishi (Fifth) 12-28. It is Boker, Morning. It is Yom, Day.

Not as I understand it. I am an Ex-Dispensationalist.

Shalom.

יגקב
Jacob

beameup

Shalom.
Not as I understand it. I am an Ex-Dispensationalist

No, you are of Pharisaical Rabbinical Judaism, so you take their position on prophetic scripture.
These same like-minded Pharisees rejected Jesus' message and had him crucified because
they did not understand prophetic scripture. As such, being of the Pharisaical School of Judaism,
there is little of the Tanakh that you will truly understand. Only God the Spirit [ruach elohim]
can open up prophecy to your understanding.

The Dead Sea Scrolls open up our understanding of how the Essenes understood Prophecies in the Tanakh. They were the ones that believed in Messiah because they understood Prophecy and that he fulfilled it.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
No, you are of Pharisaical Rabbinical Judaism, so you take their position on prophetic scripture.
These same like-minded Pharisees rejected Jesus' message and had him crucified because
they did not understand prophetic scripture. As such, being of the Pharisaical School of Judaism,
there is little of the Tanakh that you will truly understand. Only God the Spirit [ruach elohim]
can open up prophecy to your understanding.

I have no idea where you come up with this from.

beameup

I have no idea where you come up with this from.

Simple, because you consistently do not understand prophecy. You take the exact same positions as the Pharisees of today, the so-called "rabbis". The Essenes understood Prophecies in the Tanakh. They were the ones that believed in Messiah because they understood Prophecy and that he fulfilled it. They knew the "times and seasons". Thankfully, they stored the Dead Sea Scrolls, which we are just now reading.