Jussie Smollett

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I'm not sure I agree with Matt's line of reasoning here. I understand it, and I fully understand the desire to see Jussie dealt with more harshly. But Jussie's continual lies on the stand may be different in degree but are not different in character to a denial of guilt by any accused perpetrator during their trial.
If I'm on trial for murder, and I assert that I'm innocent, that I did not commit the murder, that in fact somebody else committed the murder, upon conviction all of those assertions are proven to be felony perjury by Matt's reasoning.
I'm not sure we want to go down that path in our justice system.

Perpetrating a scam on law enforcement is one of the most hated crimes among law enforcement. Smollet lying about it digs his hole deeper. My guess is that in that regard he will be dealt with harshly.

Yes! Here comes the real pain of justice:​

Chicago to Sue Jussie Smollett for $130k Over Hate Crime Hoax​

Embattled actor Jussie Smollett still faces a $130,000 lawsuit from the City of Chicago – and more legal trouble from the brothers he hired to attack him – after he was convicted of staging his own assault in a botched career move.

The Chicago Police Department came to the conclusion after more than two dozen cops spent weeks investigating the bogus story, logging 1,836 overtime hours in the process, a July 2019 legal filing said.

The city was faced with a $130,106.15 overtime tab and has since confirmed that it will press ahead with its lawsuit against Smollett to reclaim the cash. Their chances of a win or settlement are now all but guaranteed in the wake of the star’s conviction.

Chicago police initially demanded $130k from Smollett days after Cook County DA Kim Foxx dropped charges against him in 2019, with Smollett’s legal team stating that he “won’t be intimidated” into paying it. Now he likely won’t have a choice.

And that’s not all – a lawsuit filed against Smollett’s legal team by the Nigerian Osundairo brothers Smollett hired to attack him also stands.

There’s also the possibility that Smollett faces additional consequences for perjury during the trial.

In interviews since the jury verdict, one juror has spoken out to comment that Smollett was a really bad actor on the stand.

EDIT: Wait folks, I screwed up in my commentary. The article is correct, but my comment is not. $130k is nothing to this racist. It should be 130 million. $130k will not hurt him.

Last edited:

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
EDIT: Wait folks, I screwed up in my commentary. The article is correct, but my comment is not. $130k is nothing to this racist. It should be 130 million. $130k will not hurt him.
It won't matter how much he's fined. He will set up a Go Fund Me page and a bunch of libtards will make sure he won't have to pay a dime.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Last edited:

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
I didn't understand the repeated "I am not suicidal at first"

And I still don't. He has no reason to fear the Clintons.
The article says the judge scolded him for his narcissism. Smollett probably thinks he is important enough for someone to assasinate him.