ECT Judaism thinks the Seed was themselves

Interplanner

While Gen 12 was meant to connect its Seed with the one mentioned in Gen 3, Judaism thought it was referring to them as a people.

Paul cleared that up in Gal 3:16 by saying who was who.

Danoh

While Gen 12 was meant to connect its Seed with the one mentioned in Gen 3, Judaism thought it was referring to them as a people.

Marcus Sanford - specializing in novels for over forty years now :chuckle:

Interplanner

Marcus Sanford - specializing in novels for over forty years now :chuckle:[/QUOTE

Oh, of course, in D'ism, there is no possible connection between Gal 3:16 and 17, because the whole Bible is just D'ist sound bytes! The more scattered the better!

Danoh

Is that IP's name?

Sanford...Holford - it's all the same.

One size fits all...

Sort of like proving oneself a chump by voting for Trump, or proving oneself silly by voting for Hillary - as that Frontline video I posted shows - it's all the same.

Same with IP, or PP* :chuckle:

* Partial Preterism being much like his view.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

One size fits all...

Sort of like proving oneself a chump by voting for Trump, or proving oneself silly by voting for Hillary - as that Frontline video I posted shows - it's all the same.

I agree except for the Trump comment. Trump is the BEST !!!! The best we got anyway :chuckle:

Danoh

I agree except for the Trump comment. Trump is the BEST !!!! The best we got anyway :chuckle:

Watch that Frontline video on both those two; that I posted on the Politics forum ("Goodbye White House" thread).

Not even the tip of the iceberg against those two.

But, enough said; we're unfairly derailing IP's thread.

Apologies, IP.

Interplanner

One size fits all...

re Holford:
So is "Here I stand" by Luther as much of a joke to you and why?

Interplanner

:chuckle:

I will make of thee a great nation, and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed

I know that's there, too, but in order for Paul to be true, it must be true in Christ, not in the original sense that seems to be there in the OT. This is interped for us by Peter at the end of Acts 3. He meant in Christ, and Paul meant in Christ. What division?

themuzicman

Roman 9:4 They are Israelites, and to them belong the adoption, the glory, the covenants, the giving of the law, the worship, and the promises. 5 To them belong the patriarchs, and from their race, according to the flesh, is the Christ, who is God over all, blessed forever. Amen.

In this sense, they were.

SaulToPaul 2

Which is the only sense like that. It was never meant about the whole ethne. It was meant to be true in and through Christ the whole time. That may not be how it looks by viewing the OT, but is what the apostles say.

There is a narrowing of the "in thee" of Genesis 12 as you get closer to Christ's coming.

Interplanner

There is a narrowing of the "in thee" of Genesis 12 as you get closer to Christ's coming.

I reread this, and need to clarify: Paul makes the 'in Christ' alone essential retroactively back this far as he seeks to undo Judaism. So we unfortunately must differ on this. The narrowing is early not late--if you are going to take Paul seriously.

I find that the 'kata sarka' understanding of the OT gravitates toward making Judaism a permanent thing and makes it really hard to see Christ--and to see how Abraham saw Christ's day--in those passages. 'Kata sarka' is from 2 Cor 5 about 'once we (apostles or those in Judaism) knew Christ 'kata sarka.' But now we know that God was in Christ...' When you apply that to their OT understanding, the 'narrowing' had to have happened very early. Christ says so. Hebrews says so. Paul says the Seed always was Christ and the rest of us are in him.

SaulToPaul 2

I reread this, and need to clarify: Paul makes the 'in Christ' alone essential retroactively back this far as he seeks to undo Judaism. So we unfortunately must differ on this. The narrowing is early not late--if you are going to take Paul seriously.

I find that the 'kata sarka' understanding of the OT gravitates toward making Judaism a permanent thing and makes it really hard to see Christ--and to see how Abraham saw Christ's day--in those passages. 'Kata sarka' is from 2 Cor 5 about 'once we (apostles or those in Judaism) knew Christ 'kata sarka.' But now we know that God was in Christ...' When you apply that to their OT understanding, the 'narrowing' had to have happened very early. Christ says so. Hebrews says so. Paul says the Seed always was Christ and the rest of us are in him.

Oh.