John Calvin's Nazi God.

Status
Not open for further replies.

beloved57

This has been a good thread, even if it did get off of the subject.

The God of Calvinism cannot be trusted. Who can trust in a God that predestinates people to hell before they are born? The doctrine is unthinkable and unbelievable. It destroys faith in God, simply because it is impossible to love and have faith in a God that would do such a horrible thing. In a very real sense Calvinism self destructs because it destroys faith in God.

Not only does it destroy faith in God, it also destroys faith in Jesus Christ. Again it is unthinkable and unbelievable to believe that Jesus did not atone for the sins of the whole world, as taught by the apostle John, 1 John 2:2. How would that work? Would God and Jesus make some sort of a deal with the devil? If Jesus did not atone for the sins of the whole world, then Jesus is not Lord. This is really what this doctrine is all about, it is an attempt to destroy the Lordship of Christ. With this view of God and his Son Jesus Christ how in the world are these people going to be saved?

What kind of savior from sin can't save sinners who sin?

God's Truth

This has been a good thread, even if it did get off of the subject.

The God of Calvinism cannot be trusted. Who can trust in a God that predestinates people to hell before they are born? The doctrine is unthinkable and unbelievable. It destroys faith in God, simply because it is impossible to love and have faith in a God that would do such a horrible thing. In a very real sense Calvinism self destructs because it destroys faith in God.

Not only does it destroy faith in God, it also destroys faith in Jesus Christ. Again it is unthinkable and unbelievable to believe that Jesus did not atone for the sins of the whole world, as taught by the apostle John, 1 John 2:2. How would that work? Would God and Jesus make some sort of a deal with the devil? If Jesus did not atone for the sins of the whole world, then Jesus is not Lord. This is really what this doctrine is all about, it is an attempt to destroy the Lordship of Christ. With this view of God and his Son Jesus Christ how in the world are these people going to be saved?

Who can trust your God who calls us to repent and then throws us in hell for repenting.

God's Truth

Scenario: A person searches for God and does not know which man made religion/denomination to join, he reads the Bible about no one entering without humbling, confessing, and repenting...so he humbles himself and repents. Jesus saves him but then he comes on TOL where Robert Pate says that he is not saved but rather condemned for doing what Jesus the Creator says.

Robert, you are a mess. You will stand before God one day and it will not go well for you.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
...nothing but false accusations from you.
Knowing, willful insubordination, in the face of the total abdication of the popes' right to pull rank, thus permitting weeds like you to grow up nice and tall so we can cut you down easily, was my first thought.

God's Truth

Knowing, willful insubordination, in the face of the total abdication of the popes' right to pull rank, thus permitting weeds like you to grow up nice and tall so we can cut you down easily, was my first thought.

You think that and say that because you are ensnared by Satan. You Catholics do NOT obey God, you do what He hates, and I am not afraid to tell you that.

God's Truth

God hates it when people make statues and bow to them. God says Jesus, Catholics say Mary. God says repent and be baptized. Catholics baptize babies. God says do not call your brother in Christ 'father'. Catholics give the name given by Jesus to His Father to a sinful man and call their 'pope/father' HOLY FATHER.

God's Truth

Jesus says they wear long flowing robes and take the seat of most importance, he says that about people he is shaming. Catholic's popes, priests, cardinals, and bishops dress in long flowing robes and elaborate hats...they take the SEAT OF MOST IMPORTANCE, and the have their feet kissed. Even an angel of God says not to do that to him...even Peter, an apostle to the Lamb would not allow Cornelius to do that.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
You think that and say that because you are ensnared by Satan. You Catholics do NOT obey God, you do what He hates, and I am not afraid to tell you that.
Post #666; how fitting. Lessen you go and delete it I suppose.

You are fighting for the wrong side. On the outside you're as bad or worse than the most satanic atheists, though I cannot judge your soul.

The beads of the rosary are not requirements, they are limits put upon us so that the Blessed Mother is not inundated unnecessarily with petitions for her prayers. Did you ever learn that, in all your rosaries? Be honest. Did you ever fully grasp, truthfully, that if we could, we would pray the Hail Mary all day long without end; that the beads are for our restraint and for her protection, not as a stick to beat us into obedience?

Did 'ya? It'd be a shame to decide against the Catholic Church without ever fully grasping why so many popes since the Reformation have encouraged the Body of Christ to pray the Hail Mary.

God's Truth

Post #666; how fitting. Lessen you go and delete it I suppose.

You are fighting for the wrong side. On the outside you're as bad or worse than the most satanic atheists, though I cannot judge your soul.

The beads of the rosary are not requirements, they are limits put upon us so that the Blessed Mother is not inundated unnecessarily with petitions for her prayers. Did you ever learn that, in all your rosaries? Be honest. Did you ever fully grasp, truthfully, that if we could, we would pray the Hail Mary all day long without end; that the beads are for our restraint and for her protection, not as a stick to beat us into obedience?

Did 'ya? It'd be a shame to decide against the Catholic Church without ever fully grasping why so many popes since the Reformation have encouraged the Body of Christ to pray the Hail Mary.

You are in a religion that is a haunt for evil spirits.

God's Truth

That's a No, then, to be clear?

I understand exactly what the Catholic church teaches and what it does.

st-rose-and-the-pope.jpg

What is your sinful pope doing with that corpse?

Here is the front of that corpse:

st-rose.jpg

He is praying to it for a healing.

He is teaching other Catholics to do that too.

It is macabre and something one would think belongs in a satanic cult.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I understand exactly what the Catholic church teaches and what it does.
Spoiler

st-rose-and-the-pope.jpg

What is your sinful pope doing with that corpse?

Here is the front of that corpse:

st-rose.jpg

He is praying to it for a healing.

He is teaching other Catholics to do that too.

It is macabre and something one would think belongs in a satanic cult.
The question was, did you ever reach a place where you realized, recognized and appreciated that your beads were for Mary's protection against you, so that you might not pray too much? Praying rosaries as fast as you can seems to me to belie a fundamental missing of the point, so I disagree that you understand Catholicism.

Robert Pate

Banned
Who can trust your God who calls us to repent and then throws us in hell for repenting.

You need to face the fact that you are not Jesus Christ who obeyed God perfectly.

The fact that you claim that you are not a sinner reveals that you are the chief of all hypocrites.

God's Truth

The question was, did you ever reach a place where you realized, recognized and appreciated that your beads were for Mary's protection against you, so that you might not pray too much? Praying rosaries as fast as you can seems to me to belie a fundamental missing of the point, so I disagree that you understand Catholicism.

You sound like a disillusioned person. .."beads were for Mary's protection against you..." Against me? ..."That you might not pray too much?"

You have been bewitched by your evil denomination.

God's Truth

You need to face the fact that you are not Jesus Christ who obeyed God perfectly.

The fact that you claim that you are not a sinner reveals that you are the chief of all hypocrites.

If I sin, I do what Jesus says to do, I repent, something you fight mightily against, just like Satan would expect.

God's Truth

You can repent till the cows come home, you are still a sinner, Romans 3:23.

There is no such scripture as what you preach, there is no such scripture as sinners in Christ.

You are a false preacher for Satan.

Who but Satan would preach we are sinners in Christ?

Robert Pate

Banned
There is no such scripture as what you preach, there is no such scripture as sinners in Christ.

You are a false preacher for Satan.

Who but Satan would preach we are sinners in Christ?

Paul says that you are a sinner, Romans 3:23 and that you need to be changed, 1 Corinthians 15:53.

Status
Not open for further replies.