John Calvin said this....

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Your justice is arbitrary... I'm sorry you do not realize that.

If God were just according to you, then he would have pushed the reset button when Adam and Eve fell and none of us would be here.

God will have mercy on those he choses to.. there is nothing immoral or unjust about that.

Would you consider yourself to be a "Hyper-Calvinist Fanatic" like B57
and Nanja?

HisServant

John Calvin had a notorious nickname; "The Pope of Geneva." He was complicit
in the execution murders of over fifty fellow human beings.

He was a roman catholic priest that followed in the foot steps of Rome when it came to civil matters... it took a couple generations after Calvin to break the twisted dogma that had polluted their minds.

But anyhow, You can look back in pretty much every protestant tree and find murderers. So even what you say is true, it really holds no bearing on this discussion.

Heck, it was the southern baptists and their ilk that thought slavery was supported in scripture... and that is worse than murder, imnsho.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
He was a roman catholic priest that followed in the foot steps of Rome when it came to civil matters... it took a couple generations after Calvin to break the twisted dogma that had polluted their minds.

But anyhow, You can look back in pretty much every protestant tree and find murderers. So even what you say is true, it really holds no bearing on this discussion.

Heck, it was the southern baptists and their ilk that thought slavery was supported in scripture... and that is worse than murder, imnsho.

I'd much rather place my admiration in the Martyr, John Huss, than
in what Calvin pushed. Calvinists must change the character and intent
of the God of the Bible, in order to make their false doctrine
viable.

HisServant

The God of the Bible is just, merciful, righteous and is not willing that any should perish, 2 Peter 3:9.

Your God is a mean unjust, unmerciful, unrighteous tyrant that delights in sending people to hell.

This is why you are lost. It is not humanly possible to have saving faith in a God such as this.

We all know you preach a god of your own making... thinly supported by your scripture of choice for a particular day.

HisServant

I'd much rather place my admiration in the Martyr, John Huss, than
in what Calvin pushed. Calvinists must change the character and intent
of the God of the Bible, in order to make their false doctrine
viable.

You can say that of every 'ism'... including yours.

We are all that lump of clay that is trying to question the potters intent.

Eventually you just have to let go and acknowledge that God is sovereign over all... and let the unknowns be unknown... instead of making god in our own image.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
In that I take scripture for what it says and am under no illusions that any derived work from scripture (like calvinism or dispensationalism) is actually correct. Systems like the above are designed to control people and not lead them to the truth.

Do you consider yourself a member of the "Body of Christ" and if so,
how did you become a member?

HisServant

Do you consider yourself a member of the "Body of Christ" and if so,
how did you become a member?

Only God can make you a member. Because we are all evil and flawed, there is no series of circumstances that could arise that would cause us to chose him against our very nature.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Only God can make you a member. Because we are all evil and flawed, there is no series of circumstances that could arise that would cause us to chose him against our very nature.

According to the Bible, one must, hear the Message of Salvation,
place one's faith in Christ as their Savior, be sealed, indwelt, and
baptized (not by water) into the Body of Christ by the Holy Spirit.
Is that what occurred in your life?