ECT John 20:22 "Receive ye the Holty Ghost. . . "

Cross Reference

"And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost" John 20:22 (KJV)

"This is love in the making. The love of God is un-made, it is God’s nature. When we receive the Holy Spirit He unites us with God so that His love is manifested in us. When the soul is united to God by the indwelling Holy Spirit, that is not the end; the end is that we may be one with the Father as Jesus was. What kind of oneness had Jesus Christ with the Father? Such a oneness that the Father sent him down here to be spent for us, and He says—“As the Father hath sent Me, even so send I you.”" . . . . . Oswald Chambers

This is NOT an Acts 2 event.

Last edited:

DAN P

"And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost" John 20:22 (KJV)

"This is love in the making. The love of God is un-made, it is God’s nature. When we receive the Holy Spirit He unites us with God so that His love is manifested in us. When the soul is united to God by the indwelling Holy Spirit, that is not the end; the end is that we may be one with the Father as Jesus was. What kind of oneness had Jesus Christ with the Father? Such a oneness that the Father sent him down here to be spent for us, and He says—“As the Father hath sent Me, even so send I you.”" . . . . . Oswald Chambers

Hi and how can you prove that what happened in John 20:22 is not connected to Acts 2 ??

Can you explain wht the Greek article is not used in John 20:22 as the literal reading is " RECEIVE YE HOLY SPIRIT " as the Greek word " THE " is lft out ??

John 7:39 EXPLAINS wht the Indwelling of the Holy Spirit was not yet given , and now you know !!

What John 20:22 means , is that the disciples RECEIVED the POWER of the Holy Spirit to REMIT SINS !!

So , now man can also REMIT SINS , so my question to you IS , can man Remit sins ??

dan p

DAN P

Hi and since you Pentecostals and RCC believe John 20:22 and 23 , by the CONTEXT all you can REMIT SINS !!

How do you do it ??

dan p

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi and since you Pentecostals and RCC believe John 20:22 and 23 , by the CONTEXT all you can REMIT SINS !!

How do you do it ??

dan p

By this--

Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Mat 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Mar 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Act 16:28 But Paul cried with a loud voice, saying, Do thyself no harm: for we are all here.
Act 16:29 Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas,
Act 16:30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
Act 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
Act 16:32 And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house.
Act 16:33 And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway.

LA

DAN P

By this--

Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Mat 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Mar 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Act 16:28 But Paul cried with a loud voice, saying, Do thyself no harm: for we are all here.
Act 16:29 Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas,
Act 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
Act 16:32 And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house.
Act 16:33 And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway.

LA

Hi and you did not answer John 20:22 and 23 ??

Did you read John 20:22 and 23 ??

Can I help you ??

dAN P

Cross Reference

By this--

LA

By this, just as written:

"Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained"
. John 20:23 (KJV)

However, with regards to discipleship, it cannot be by believing presumptously about your relationship with God. For this, the result of Acts 2 Pentecostal experience will evidence itself because Jesus said it would . . . and a true disciple will "know" it.

DAN P

By this, just as written:

"Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained"
. John 20:23 (KJV)

However, with regards to discipleship, it cannot be by believing presumptously about your relationship with God. For this, the result of Acts 2 Pentecostal experience will evidence itself because Jesus said it would . . . and a true disciple will "know" it.

Hi and did NOT comment on how they can REMIT SINS , is it because you do not KNOW ??

Ask me and I will tell you HOW ??

It is not STRANGE why Pentecostals do not know , is because as Israel was BLINDED 2 Cor 3:14 so also all have been BLINDED as 2 Cor 4:4 and all who follow the Law of Moses and Pentecost and Gal 2:14 that Peter was not only a Jew BUT kept the customs of thre Law of Moses !!

dan p

Cross Reference

When Jesus told His Discipes: "Whosoever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained" John 20:23 (KJV), it is important to remember Jesus was instructing His Disciples in the authority they had by virtue of their relationship with God, having been born again and given the "unction to function" in and by the Holy Spirit. Everyone else outside this circle, though claiming such uniqueness in Christ, do so presumptuously.

Now here is further understanding given By Jesus before the cross; before John 20:23 KJV:

"As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world." John 17:18 (KJV)

"Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; . . And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me."
John 17:22-23 (KJV)

For all you MAD'ers: Paul was no where included in this by Jesus for years after Jesus prayed it..

Last edited:

DAN P

When Jesus told His Discipes: "Whosoever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained" John 20:23 (KJV), it is important to remember Jesus was instructing His Disciples in the authority they had by virtue of their relationship with God, having been born again and given the "unction to function" in and by the Holy Spirit. Everyone else outside this circle, though claiming such uniqueness in Christ, do so presumptuously.

Now here is further understanding given By Jesus before the cross; before John 20:23 KJV:

"As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world." John 17:18 (KJV)

"Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; . . And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me."

For all you MAD'ers: Paul was no where included in this by Jesus for years after Jesus prayed it..

Hi and you have nor ANSWERED the question , How did the apostles REMIT SINS in John 20:22 and 23 ??

dan p

Danoh

Lol, you've crossed your references again - Paul was never in included in that - neither then, nor later.

For Paul would be part "a new creature" via a gospel "kept secret since before the world began."

Cross Reference

Lol, you've crossed your references again - Paul was never in included in that - neither then, nor later.

For Paul would be part "a new creature" via a gospel "kept secret since before the world began."

Why not learn how to read first before you offer your opinion? Start here: Acts 2:39 KJV. Work your way up to John 17:22-23 KJV.

DAN P

Why not learn how to read first before you offer your opinion? Start here: Acts 2:39 KJV. Work your way up to John 17:22-23 KJV.

Hi and you do know what Acts 2:39 really means , so here is your oppertunity to say what it means , so can you do it ??

Ask me and I will help you !!

dan p