ECT Jewish and Christian; Judaism and Christianity; all of the Bible beginning with Torah

Jeep

I don't follow you. I am not following what you are saying. I'm not following you.

What you are saying is not something I agree with. I don't know what you are saying.

Some of what has been written of Jesus, in terms of prophecy to be fulfilled, was written in what are known as the Gospels, or the New Testament.

I am new here, but I know Jamie is hard to follow. I think he/she is extremely direct, and talks way over my head...God bless his/her heart.

Danoh

I am new here, but I know Jamie is hard to follow. I think he/she is extremely direct, and talks way over my head...God bless his/her heart.

Jamie is another one of the clueless ones. See the poster Right Divider's list at the bottom of all his posts.

And welcome to the cage, lol

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I don't know that I agree. It is a pleasure to meet you. Welcome.

Interplanner

The reason I disagree now is because the new covenant came to Israel, not the Gentiles first, in Yeshua.

Danoh does not seem to know how Dan 9 ends, with the new covenant arriving. The propitiatory work of Christ mentioned in the final paragraph is how God resolved Israel's sins--not re-establishing the nation. "In Christ, God fulfilled all his promises to Israel; and in Christ, Israel fulfilled all its obligations to God."

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

I will be happy to explain anything you don't understand.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Not according to Jesus. He disagrees with your supposition.

Do you believe Jesus said He did not come to abolish the Law or the Prophets, but to fulfill?

Matthew 5:17 NASB - 17 "Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill.

Jesus came to fulfill the Law and the Prophets and I believe that He did.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus came to fulfill the Law and the Prophets and I believe that He did.

Jesus came to fulfill the Law and the Prophets and he will, but according to Jesus it's not yet done.

Why don't you believe him?

Danoh

Danoh does not seem to know how Dan 9 ends, with the new covenant arriving. The propitiatory work of Christ mentioned in the final paragraph is how God resolved Israel's sins--not re-establishing the nation. "In Christ, God fulfilled all his promises to Israel; and in Christ, Israel fulfilled all its obligations to God."

Actually, I have a really great book for "doing the history" as to Israel's Prophet: Daniel.

Its called Daniel, contains 12 chapters, and is found in between Ezekiel and Hosea in my KJB.

Now, if you want "the history" just believe Daniel. According to his opening words in Daniel 9, together with his words in his prayer in that same chapter; just study the heck out of Deuteronomy and Jeremiah.

While I'm at it, here is a word from the Apostle Paul on your secular history books, and their endless speculations, which is what your Partial Preterism is based on...

1 Corinthians 1:19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 1:20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. 1:22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; 1:24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

Case closed, bookworm, lol

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I don't believe He failed in what He came to do.

I understand, but what did Jesus say?

Then He said to them, "With fervent desire I have desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer, for I say to you, I will no longer eat of it until it is fulfilled in the kingdom of God." (Luke 22:15-16)​

Has Passover been fulfilled? No. Will it be fulfilled? Yes, when it is observed in the kingdom with Jesus.

Also, none of the other feasts have been fulfilled, but they will be.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I understand, but what did Jesus say?

Then He said to them, "With fervent desire I have desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer, for I say to you, I will no longer eat of it until it is fulfilled in the kingdom of God." (Luke 22:15-16)​

Has Passover been fulfilled? No. Will it be fulfilled? Yes, when it is observed in the kingdom with Jesus.

Also, none of the other feasts have been fulfilled, but they will be.
I see what Jesus said. I believe I don't have the same understanding of it as what you are communicating.

This does also have to do with how the word fulfilled is used and in what context.

1 Corinthians 5:7 NASB - 7 Clean out the old leaven so that you may be a new lump, just as you are in fact unleavened. For Christ our Passover also has been sacrificed.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I see what Jesus said. I believe I don't have the same understanding of it as what you are communicating.

That's because you don't understand that God's feasts foreshadowed his plan for mankind.

So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or Sabbaths, which are a shadow of things to come, but the body is of Christ. (Colossians 2:16-17)​

Even in Paul's day the festivals were shadows of things to come and they still are. They have not been fulfilled.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
That's because you don't understand that God's feasts foreshadowed his plan for mankind.

So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or Sabbaths, which are a shadow of things to come, but the body is of Christ. (Colossians 2:16-17)​

Even in Paul's day the festivals were shadows of things to come and they still are. They have not been fulfilled.
Talking about if Jesus fulfilled the Law and the Prophets is different than people asking about if the feasts have been fulfilled or if Jesus fulfilled the feasts. Why do people ask about if the feasts have been fulfilled?

I understand the verses you quote here (I did not post them to you in my last post, but I thought about it) are understood by many to say the feasts have not been fulfilled. But my understanding is they are not speaking about feasts being fulfilled, but that they are speaking of how these things were or maybe rather are (the possibility) a shadow of things to come, but the substance belongs to Christ.

Colossians 2:16-17 NASB - 16 Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day-- 17 things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.

Many believe they were a shadow of things to come but that they were all pointing to Christ and no further, whether a person believes Passover could and was fulfilled, or simply that they all point to Christ who has come. That is, were the things to come that which came in Christ?

There are three annual feasts, the first of which is the feast of unleavened bread. This corresponds to Passover.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
There are three annual feasts, the first of which is the feast of unleavened bread. This corresponds to Passover.

Passover, Pentecost, Trumpets, Atonement, Booths, Eighth Day makes six annual feasts.

None of these annual feasts have been fulfilled spiritually, but they will be.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Passover, Pentecost, Trumpets, Atonement, Booths, Eighth Day makes six annual feasts.

None of these annual feasts have been fulfilled spiritually, but they will be.

There are three annual feasts, according to Torah. They are the feast of Unleavened Bread, Shavuot, and Tabernacles.

Why do you believe a feast must be fulfilled? Where does that idea come from? I believe you have said no feast has been fulfilled. But you believe something of the idea of a feast being fulfilled.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Do you believe Leviticus is part of the Torah?
Yes. Vayikra.

Are you on the one-year Torah reading cycle? The following is from Exodus (Shemot).

Exodus 23:14-18 NASB - 14 "Three times a year you shall celebrate a feast to Me. 15 "You shall observe the Feast of Unleavened Bread; for seven days you are to eat unleavened bread, as I commanded you, at the appointed time in the month Abib, for in it you came out of Egypt. And none shall appear before Me empty-handed. 16 "Also you shall observe the Feast of the Harvest of the first fruits of your labors from what you sow in the field; also the Feast of the Ingathering at the end of the year when you gather in the fruit of your labors from the field. 17 "Three times a year all your males shall appear before the Lord GOD. 18 "You shall not offer the blood of My sacrifice with leavened bread; nor is the fat of My feast to remain overnight until morning.

Here is how you can know.

2 Chronicles 8:13 NASB - 13 and did so according to the daily rule, offering them up according to the commandment of Moses, for the sabbaths, the new moons and the three annual feasts--the Feast of Unleavened Bread, the Feast of Weeks and the Feast of Booths.