ECT Jewish and Christian; Judaism and Christianity; all of the Bible beginning with Torah

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Do you believe Leviticus is part of the Torah?

Have you ever read Leviticus?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I have read it, yes. This year I am reading it from my Chumash with commentary.

What are the annual holy days listed in Leviticus 23? Name them.

Paul said the holy days foreshadow things to come.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
What are the annual holy days listed in Leviticus 23? Name them.
By heart I don't know the wording, but there are seven holy days of Torah. The feast of Unleavened Bread has two. Then there is Shavuot. The feast of trumpets or the day of trumpeting, Yom Teruah. Yom Kippur, The Day of Atonement, or Yom HaKippur'im, the Day of the Atonements (I plan to look at the Hebrew). The Feast of Tabernacles and Shmini Atzeret, the Eighth Day.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Based on what scripture?
New Testament Scripture, beginning with the Gospels.

Psalm 16:10 NASB - 10 For You will not abandon my soul to Sheol;Nor will You allow Your Holy One to undergo decay.

Acts 2:27 NASB - 27 BECAUSE YOU WILL NOT ABANDON MY SOUL TO HADES,NOR ALLOW YOUR HOLY ONE TO UNDERGO DECAY.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
New Testament Scripture, beginning with the Gospels.

Now when He rose early on the first day of the week... (Mark 16:9)​

Is Nisan 16 always on the first day of the week? (The correct answer is no).

The Sivan 6 Shavout is contrary to scripture.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
You are right that the correct answer is no.

The Sivan 6 Shavout is a denial of Jesus as the first of the firstfruits which is what Pentecost is about.

The basis for Sivan 6 is this:

He shall wave the sheaf before the LORD to be accepted on your behalf, on the day after the Sabbath the priest shall wave it.
(Leviticus 23:11)​

The Rabbis picked Nisan 16, which is the day after the first Sabbath of Unleavened Bread on the 15th rather than the weekly Sabbath. Tricky.

Pentecost is about the firstfruits.

And you shall count for yourselves from the day after the Sabbath, from the day that you brought the sheaf of the wave offering, seven Sabbaths shall be completed. (Leviticus 23:15)

You shall bring from your dwellings two wave loaves of two-tenths of an ephah. They shall be of fine flour; they shall be baked with leaven. They are the firstfruits to the LORD. (Leviticus 23:17)​

The two loaves represent Hebrews and Gentiles, the leaven symbolizes that both groups have sinned.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Sivan 6 Shavout is a denial of Jesus as the first of the firstfruits which is what Pentecost is about.

The basis for Sivan 6 is this:

He shall wave the sheaf before the LORD to be accepted on your behalf, on the day after the Sabbath the priest shall wave it.
(Leviticus 23:11)​

The Rabbis picked Nisan 16, which is the day after the first Sabbath of Unleavened Bread on the 15th rather than the weekly Sabbath. Tricky.

Pentecost is about the firstfruits.

And you shall count for yourselves from the day after the Sabbath, from the day that you brought the sheaf of the wave offering, seven Sabbaths shall be completed. (Leviticus 23:15)

You shall bring from your dwellings two wave loaves of two-tenths of an ephah. They shall be of fine flour; they shall be baked with leaven. They are the firstfruits to the LORD. (Leviticus 23:17)​

The two loaves represent Hebrews and Gentiles, the leaven symbolizes that both groups have sinned.
I am currently unable to give you an answer for what you are saying here. What is I know is that Shavuot, the 50th day, is also called Pentecost (an annual or yearly observance).

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I am currently unable to give you an answer for what you are saying here. What is I know is that Shavuot, the 50th day, is also called Pentecost (an annual or yearly observance).

Shavuot and Pentecost do not occur on the same day because they are not counted from the same day. Pentecost is always on a Sunday because it is counted from the day after the weekly Sabbath, not so with Shavuot which can fall on any day of the week.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shavuot and Pentecost do not occur on the same day because they are not counted from the same day. Pentecost is always on a Sunday because it is counted from the day after the weekly Sabbath, not so with Shavuot which can fall on any day of the week.
Both Shavuot and Pentecost are terms that refer to the 50th day, pertaining to the count of the omer, and this 50th day is a holy day on the Jewish calendar.