Jesus' word is the center of Christianity.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
However, James says that, faith without works is dead. How do you explain that? Paul said that, faith alone without works is sufficient. How do you explain that?

Yes. Faith without works is dead, a dead faith. A dead faith will not save. At the same time it is faith that saves and not the works, not the works of the Law. No one is justified by the works of the Law (by what they have done). But faith is obedience or yields or brings about obedience. A faith without obedience may not be faith at all. Some say they have faith when they do not. At the same time, when a person does have faith it is God who saves or has saved them. This means when a person says they have faith, they may be saved. We may not be able to judge. But, we may be called upon to present the gospel clearly to that person. They must know that is it not by works that a person is saved. And that if they have faith, God has appointed them to good works. I think that is what James was saying. That if you say you have faith but don't have works, you may not even have (true) faith yet.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Galatians 2:7 states; "But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

There were two different Gospels being preached at that time.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Romans 13:12--"For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:"
Yes, that is not all that Paul did, preaching to Gentiles. But it is what he rightly came to believe he was called to do. And that, by Jesus Himself.

Acts 9:15 NASB - 15 But the Lord said to him, "Go, for he is a chosen instrument of Mine, to bear My name before the Gentiles and kings and the sons of Israel;

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Salvation is by grace through faith. It always has been and always will be.

Jews came to salvation on Shavuot shortly after Yeshua's (Jesus') ascension to the right hand of the Father (God). When Peter preached to the Gentiles, the Spirit was poured out on them as well. At what point did Paul turn to the Gentiles, and at what point did Paul go to the Gentiles (where he still preached to Jews first) and Peter was to the circumcised. There was Paul and what He learned from Jesus. And there was Peter and Paul and what they learned from each other. Paul explained something to Peter when he was in the wrong, or even in what appeared to be wrong (appearances are everything, and likely this was right judgment (though the way things appear is as important as the way things are even in your heart and mind in what you intend to do or in what you are doing or in what you are actually doing whatever your motive).

The Grace Gospel concerning the "Body of Christ" didn't come about until the ascended Christ met Paul on the road to Damascus and subsequently, Paul was sent to the Gentiles with the message he had received from Christ.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Galatians 2:7 states; "But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

There were two different Gospels being preached at that time.
Not two gospels. Two ministries. One was the gospel to the circumcision. The other, the gospel to the uncircumcision. To the circumcised would deal with the Jews, meaning Israel, under the Law or simply just those who were coming to faith from among the Jews (God's commands for the nation of Israel intact?). The uncircumcised were without the law and they came to believe in Christ by faith the same as the Jews who received the gospel, but they did not have the requirement to be circumcised or observe all of the Law of Moses... I believe you understand that.

Philippians 3:7 NASB - 7 But whatever things were gain to me, those things I have counted as loss for the sake of Christ.

1 Corinthians 9:19-21 NASB - 19 For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a slave to all, so that I may win more. 20 To the Jews I became as a Jew, so that I might win Jews; to those who are under the Law, as under the Law though not being myself under the Law, so that I might win those who are under the Law; 21 to those who are without law, as without law, though not being without the law of God but under the law of Christ, so that I might win those who are without law.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Paul went and preached the Grace Gospel to the Gentiles.
Peter continued to go to the House of Israel with the Kingdom Message.
Peter preached to Jews and then Gentiles.
Paul preached to Jews and then Gentiles.
Peter preached to or was given a ministry to the Jews.
Paul preached to or was given a ministry to the Gentiles.
Both preached to Jews first and then to Gentiles. Paul left the nation of Israel first, and still preached to Jews first.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Grace Gospel concerning the "Body of Christ" didn't come about until the ascended Christ met Paul on the road to Damascus and subsequently, Paul was sent to the Gentiles with the message he had received from Christ.

We would need to look at this in depth.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You're getting confused Jacob, you need to stop sitting on the fence and choose either your Jewish beliefs or your Christian beliefs. You said you're going to both. I think you're becoming confused by these two messages? Pick only one. Personally, I think you should choose a nice non-denominational, Bible believing, Christ centered church in your area.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You're getting confused Jacob, you need to stop sitting on the fence and choose either your Jewish beliefs or your Christian beliefs. You said you're going to both. I think you're becoming confused by these two messages? Pick only one. Personally, I think you should choose a nice non-denominational, Bible believing, Christ centered church in your area.
I already attend one. But Christians are Jews and Gentiles alike. It doesn't matter what nation you belong to you can be a Christian. The gospel is not different for different people. We still have God's commands. And we still have faith.

God's Truth

Paul went and preached the Grace Gospel to the Gentiles.
Peter continued to go to the House of Israel with the Kingdom Message.

Jesus came with GRACE for ALL. First to the lost sheep of Israel, then to everyone else.

John 1:17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jesus came with GRACE for ALL. First to the lost sheep of Israel, then to everyone else.

John 1:17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

Thank you. I do not have the word grace associated with anything Peter said, but it was grace none the less.

God's Truth

Thank you. I do not have the word grace associated with anything Peter said, but it was grace none the less.

You are welcome. Thank you, too.

1 Peter 1:2 who have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through the sanctifying work of the Spirit, to be obedient to Jesus Christ and sprinkled with his blood: Grace and peace be yours in abundance.

1 Peter 1:10 Concerning this salvation, the prophets, who spoke of the grace that was to come to you, searched intently and with the greatest care,

1 Peter 5:12 [ Final Greetings ] With the help of Silas, whom I regard as a faithful brother, I have written to you briefly, encouraging you and testifying that this is the true grace of God. Stand fast in it.

2 Peter 3:18 But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You are welcome. Thank you, too.

1 Peter 1:2 who have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through the sanctifying work of the Spirit, to be obedient to Jesus Christ and sprinkled with his blood: Grace and peace be yours in abundance.

1 Peter 1:10 Concerning this salvation, the prophets, who spoke of the grace that was to come to you, searched intently and with the greatest care,

1 Peter 5:12 [ Final Greetings ] With the help of Silas, whom I regard as a faithful brother, I have written to you briefly, encouraging you and testifying that this is the true grace of God. Stand fast in it.

2 Peter 3:18 But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen.

Thanks! I was thinking only of what Peter preached to Jews and Gentiles in both cases where the Spirit was poured out.

You are reminding me of 1 Peter and 2 Peter, that they have the word grace in them.

God's Truth

Thanks! I was thinking only of what Peter preached to Jews and Gentiles in both cases where the Spirit was poured out.

You are reminding me of 1 Peter and 2 Peter, that they have the word grace in them.

Peter acted out of line with the gospel when he was afraid of the Jews.

Galatians 2:12 For before certain men came from James, he used to eat with the Gentiles. But when they arrived, he began to draw back and separate himself from the Gentiles because he was afraid of those who belonged to the circumcision group.

Galatians 2:14 When I saw that they were not acting in line with the truth of the gospel, I said to Cephas in front of them all, "You are a Jew, yet you live like a Gentile and not like a Jew. How is it, then, that you force Gentiles to follow Jewish customs?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Peter acted out of line with the gospel when he was afraid of the Jews.

Galatians 2:12 For before certain men came from James, he used to eat with the Gentiles. But when they arrived, he began to draw back and separate himself from the Gentiles because he was afraid of those who belonged to the circumcision group.

Galatians 2:14 When I saw that they were not acting in line with the truth of the gospel, I said to Cephas in front of them all, "You are a Jew, yet you live like a Gentile and not like a Jew. How is it, then, that you force Gentiles to follow Jewish customs?
This was after Peter preached to the Gentiles, although I don't know if there is a connection here.