Jesus: The end and the fulfillment of the Old Testament

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You still follow the law. You observe days and times.

Jesus is the New Covenant. It is not another set of laws that have been abolished.
Shalom.

I observe the Law. I do not know why you say that I follow it. As for days and times I am unsure or uncertain of what you are saying. I observe nothing pagan.

Jesus brought the New Covenant that God promised. It is this that I believe in. It is for the House of Israel and the House of Judah. It is God's law written on minds and hearts.

I do not know what you mean by another set of laws that have been abolished. Why do you say a set of laws? What set of laws? What do you refer to? To what do you refer? Why do you say that have been abolished? What is it that you believe has been abolished? Why do you say another?

Shalom.

Jacob

Robert Pate

Banned
=satanic, as He tells Paul, the saved, not to use the written scripture of laws, to show the lost what sin is, to lead them to Christ, as a schoolmaster-doctrine of demons.

And he has no answer as to why rape, incest, murder, sodomy, lying..........................are wrong, for Christians, or the lost. NADA.

When there is no law, there is no transgression, and sin is not imputed.Thus, Pate asserts everyone is saved-on record.

No, where there is law, there is a the definition of what sin is, moron, and condemnation and judgment only comes, from breaking an exiting law, you moron.

No, idiot, breaking an existing law, which defines the transgression/sin, the sin debt, the "IOU," w/o accepting that the Lord Jesus Christ died for sins/sin, is what damns one to hell, not the law. The law is not contrary to us, moron, as Paul says the law is good, holy, just, spiritual, and not void. It is man that is the problem, satanic one, the sin debt, which is contrary to us, as you've been shown, by me, others. But your daddy the devil tells you to keep on spamming, deny. . The punk has no clue as to why the Lord Jesus Christ died.

Pate: Us citizens are not under the laws of foreign countries; that is because they no longer exist-they have been destroyed/abolished/made void!!!!!!!!!!!

Pate: I had a speeding ticket recently. I broke the law against speeding. I went to court, and pleaded with the judge, to abolish/destroy/make void, the laws against speeding, as that is the only way I could be pay my dues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No scripture asserts that he abolished the law, demon, and certainly not Colossians 2:14 KJV, a passage you changed, corrupted, butchered, on orders from daddy devil.

You are not able to receive truth, especially the truth of the scriptures. You apparently do not believe the Bible because you seldom quote scripture. You have apparently devised your own doctrine according to your own thinking.

You need to get into the Bible because the Bible plainly teaches that Christians are not under the law, because it is contrary to us, Colossians 2:14. No one can keep it or do it. Christians are "In Christ" we believe that Jesus fulfilled the law for us and then abolished it, Ephesians 2:15.

Robert Pate

Banned
Shalom.

I observe the Law. I do not know why you say that I follow it. As for days and times I am unsure or uncertain of what you are saying. I observe nothing pagan.

Jesus brought the New Covenant that God promised. It is this that I believe in. It is for the House of Israel and the House of Judah. It is God's law written on minds and hearts.

I do not know what you mean by another set of laws that have been abolished. Why do you say a set of laws? What set of laws? What do you refer to? To what do you refer? Why do you say that have been abolished? What is it that you believe has been abolished? Why do you say another?

Shalom.

Jacob

If you observe the law then you are under it, plain and simple. I can show you many, many scriptures that say that we are not under the law. We are under grace, not law. To be under the law is to be under condemnation, Romans 8:1-10.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
If you observe the law then you are under it, plain and simple. I can show you many, many scriptures that say that we are not under the law. We are under grace, not law. To be under the law is to be under condemnation, Romans 8:1-10.
Shalom.

I do not see it the same way. God wants us to observe the Law. If God's law is written on hearts and minds in the new covenant and there has been a change of the law with a change of the priesthood from the Levitical Priesthood or the Levites to Jesus who is our High Priest then it may be said that this is different from the old covenant or the Law of Moses. The point is that God's commandments are not contrary to the grace of God.

Shalom.

Jacob

Epoisses

So with the Holy Spirit he leads you outside the will of Yah? To go against what He expects? You can kill now? You can steal now? you can fornicate now? Bare false witness?

That last one your posts make obvious here that you feel you can...

Believers led by the Spirit don't commit those sins but you're not led by the Spirit so you need the law to beat you down like an animal.

Epoisses

What a slobbering mess. No, troll-ette, being the Dora demon that you are, you confuse objective revelation, given by objective words, on paper, i.e., scripture..."It is written," with illumination/interpretation/understanding, via the Holy Spirit.

Convicts, you muse? Of what? There is no objective law, of which to be convicted/convinced! Let me guess your response: Your Holy Spirit tells you right from wrong, and is correct, and others people's Holy Spirit is wrong.

Tell us why rape, murder, sodomy, incest, lying, cheating,...........................are wrong?

Let me guess:
1. Cuz everyone knows it.
2. The Holy Spirit tells you so, and everyone else's Holy Spirit is wrong!!!!

It's called subjectivity, and it is from the pits of hell.

Now, onto your citing John 16:7-11 KJV as your "argument." Time to teach the babes/sheep, what thids passage is about, to protect them from your slop of "post a few passages in isolation" amateur hour, kid stuff.

Acts 5, and the inevitable consequences of failing to rightly divide the word of truth, per the 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV command:

Peter and “the 11” were promised by the Lord Jesus Christ:

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26 KJV

"Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come." Jn. 16:13 KJV

"And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost." John 20:22 KJV

"He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given." Mt. 13:11 KJV

"Boot Camp" for 40 days, taught by the Lord Jesus Christ:

"To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:... Acts 1:3 KJV

Realized at Pentecost:

"And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me. For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence." Acts 1:4-5 KJV

"And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance." Acts 2:4 KJV

"This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear." Acts 2:32-33 KJV

"And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness." Acts 4:31 KJV

(vs. Paul's instruction in this dispensation: "And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;..." Ephesians 5:18 KJV)

And this explains what was occurring in Acts 5 , i.e., how did Peter know?:

"But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession, And kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it at the apostles' feet. But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land? Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God. And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things. And the young men arose, wound him up, and carried him out, and buried him. And it was about the space of three hours after, when his wife, not knowing what was done, came in. And Peter answered unto her, Tell me whether ye sold the land for so much? And she said, Yea, for so much. Then Peter said unto her, How is it that ye have agreed together to tempt the Spirit of the Lord? behold, the feet of them which have buried thy husband are at the door, and shall carry thee out.Then fell she down straightway at his feet, and yielded up the ghost: and the young men came in, and found her dead, and, carrying her forth, buried her by her husband. And great fear came upon all the church, and upon as many as heard these things. " Acts 5:1-11 KJV

Peter knew, from the miraculous gifts given by the Holy Spirit, "the power on high"(miraculous gifts, including healing, prophesying, tongues,"word of knowledge", raise the dead.......) he and others had received(as promised by the Lord Jesus Christ), that Ananias had "kept back part of the price of the land." This is "the word of knowledge" Paul references:

"For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit." 1Cor. 12:8 KJV

"Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away." 1 Cor. 13:8 KJV(this "knowledge" here is the miraculous gift of the word of knowledge, that Peter had in Acts 5, and which Paul was referring to above; obviously, knowledge will not vanish away, but only the miraculous gift of knowledge).

Peter was carrying out the instructions given him by the Lord Jesus Christ "to a tee", through the miraculous spiritual gifts given through the Holy Spirit.

Can believers in this dispensation have the “power” Peter had in early Acts?

Oh, yes...watch the Pat Roberton/CBN circus act, " I see a man in Mayberry, NC., with a tumor being removed...Claim your miracle today!!!!..Pahraaaaaaaaaaaaaaayz Gaaaaaaaaaaawd."

Charlatans....We are not going back to Pentecost, despite protests to the contrary....It will come again, however, when the LORD God resumes the prophetic program, including the supernatural sign gifts.....mainly dealing with the nation Israel, who are a "sign people."

That is the context...For now, in this dispensation, with the temporary setting aside of the nation of Israel, these miraculous gifts are not "in play," including the miraculous gift of knowledge, "the promise of the Father," but will be in the future, as the both spiritual and physical blessings of the NC, promised by the LORD God to the believing remnant of the nation Israel, not the boc, are realized, as the NC is enacted-future.

Dora: Well, you're wrong, loser, you see, uh, urr...

You're not in my league, Dora. Take your seat....That's it....Way in the back, by the exit sign....

Unbeliever! No one respects you except for legalists like Jacob and half-wits like Musterion.

john w

Hall of Fame
Believers led by the Spirit don't commit those sins but you're not led by the Spirit so you need the law to beat you down like an animal.

Catch that deception? She says they are sins, "cuz" she says they are, as her Holy Spirit, is right, cuz she says so.

=satanic subjectivity

john w

Hall of Fame
You are not able to receive truth, especially the truth of the scriptures. You apparently do not believe the Bible because you seldom quote scripture. You have apparently devised your own doctrine according to your own thinking.

You need to get into the Bible because the Bible plainly teaches that Christians are not under the law, because it is contrary to us, Colossians 2:14. No one can keep it or do it. Christians are "In Christ" we believe that Jesus fulfilled the law for us and then abolished it, Ephesians 2:15.
No, you satanic accuser, spammer, as I/others have consistently asserted that Christians are not under the law,but that does not mean, as you demonically slop this site with, that the law no longer exists, is made void, is destroyed,you wicked devil child.

Pate: US citizens are not under the law of other countries, so that means the law of other countries no longer exists, are void, are destroyed,you ignorant, vile moron.

And no, idiot, the law is not against us, as Paul says it is good, holy, just, spiritual, not void-the sin debt, for breaking an existing law, and the commandments/laws of men, "Touch not....taste not..............................." as you've been shown, that separated the Jews and Gentiles, was against us, you moron.

Get off this site, you satanic shill of the devil.

Again-to protect the sheep from wolf Pate:

Colossians 2:14 KJV Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Survey Hebrews 7:15-16 KJV And it is yet far more evident if, according to the likeness of Melchisedec there arises another priest,Who is made, not according to the law of a carnal commandment, but according to the power of an endless life.

Survey Hebrews 9:9-10 KJV Which was symbolic for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him who did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;
Which stood only in meat and drink offerings, and various washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed until the time of reformation.

God's law is not carnal,....the problem is with man....To wit, Paul...

Pate lies.... And "the handwriting of ordinances" is not the law, idiot-you lied, or are just stupid.

"the handwriting of ordinances" is not equivalent to the law. Paul was referring to the sin debt, the "certificate of debt," the "charge against the accused,".....That, was nailed to the cross, as the custom, at that time, when one was crucified, was to post/nail the charges, against the accused, on said cross. Back then, a bond debt/certificate of debt, was cancelled, by being nailed to a post.

This "dogma"/"ordinances, was a document written in one's own hand as legal proof of indebtedness, i.e., a bond of indebtedness; a note of debt.

“handwriting”-“a note of hand, or writing, in which one acknowledges that money has either been deposited with him/her, or lent to him by another, to be returned at an appointed time.”

And then later it came to refer to any acknowledgment of debt. Get it? Sin debt. That is the meaning of the word “handwriting”-an acknowledgement of debt.

It refers tp anything written with the hand, a bond, note of hand, it signifies a sort of note under a man’s hand, whereby he obliges himself to the payment of any debt. In other words, a note of debt or a note of guilt.

The record that contained the charges, was nailed to the cross-canceled. Not the law. The charges were against us....The certified copy of an execution order, which was against, was nailed to the cross.

'"the handwriting of ordinances" is not the law, so stop scamming people on TOL, driving them away from Christ. And Paul's point-that debt was against us, or "notice of execution," not the law, as it is good, and holy, and just, and good.......

The handwriting of ordinances is not the law. Get your facts straight-sloppy. The charge against us, written order of a death sentence, "the handwriting of ordinances" is not the law, as you assert, biblically illiterate one. You changed the scripture. "the handwriting of ordinances" is a reference to the sin debt,"note of debt," the "notice of indebtedness," "the charge," the notice of the, so to speak, "certified copy of an execution order," being nailed to the cross-not the law, itself.

Romans 7 KJV

7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.

9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.

11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.

12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

13 Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.

14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

The Lord Jesus Christ nailed to the cross what was contrary to him...

Ephesians 2:15 KJV "the law of commandments contained in ordinances;"
Colossians 2:14 KJV "the handwriting of ordinances"
Hebrews 7:16 KJV "the law of a carnal commandment"
Hebrews 9:10 KJV "carnal ordinances;"

What the Lord Jesus Christ abolished was carnal/fleshly commandments and ordinances, and hand written ordinances=that is the context..= the decrees of exclusion established by men, which were rooted in enmity between Jew & Gentile,such as “touch not, taste not, handle not”(survey Colossians 2:21 KJV), man-made social class/caste system set in place by Oral Torah, and Jewish leaders, attempting to keep a social and religious difference between Jews and Gentiles. Ordinances/decrees were laws that were man-made. Paul was referring to man-made orders, in this verse through the term “ordinance”. These “ordinances” were, yes, indeed hostile/”hate”/”enmity”, as they restrained anyone other than “Jews” worshiping God. These ordinances made a clear separation between Jew and Gentile, by elevating one above the other, to an “elite status,” to the extent where gentiles were looked down upon, scorned, and disassociated, by Jews everywhere………..

Pate: The law is not holy, and not good, and not spiritual!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Satanic pawn.

john w

Hall of Fame
Shouldn't you be falling off a bar stool somewhere at Gilly's BBQ and Beer Bonanza!

Sober up, as you talk, act like:

s1e8carlared.jpg

john w

Hall of Fame
He's needs the law to beat that mop down on the top of it's head! LOL

Put up your pic, troll. I thought so, you lush.

Go ahead, lush. Tell us why sodomy, living with your "domestic partner," rape, stealing, cheating, murder, having a bad thought, coveting...................................................are wrong.

Let me guess: Cuz your Holy Spirit says so, and he/she/it is always right, and all those other meanies' HS is wrong!!!

Is that a good summary, droid?

clefty

Believers led by the Spirit don't commit those sins
if the Law doesn’t exist it is not a sin...

The Holy Spirit leads you to keep the Law not be lawless...

but you're not led by the Spirit so you need the law to beat you down like an animal.

Don’t be sore...the law doesn’t beat anyone down...it just reveals who wishes it to be destroyed and done away with...

which separates them from those who are “here are they that keep the commandments of God and the faith OF Jesus Christ”...His faith...more like Him not less