Jesus, Paul and the Law

God's Truth

I do know that St Peter was involved with Jews who would not even eat with Gentile believers and St Paul rebuked Him to His face. There were not that many gentiles mentioned in the Old Testament who were followers of the God Of Abraham. I was just looking in the BIble and studying the situation.

Peter denied Jesus three times because he feared what the Jews would do to him.
And, Peter later also acted out of line with the gospel because he feared what the Jews would do to him.

Right Divider

Body part
No longer be as a child.

Ephesians 4:14 Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of people in their deceitful scheming.
You think that you're cute. "So simple that a child can understand it" is NOT "being a child".

But you're too utterly stupid to know the difference.

Think about it more...who but the devil is crafty enough to get people to believe that 'NOT' obeying is the key to salvation.
Please SHOW THE POST where ANYONE ever said "that 'NOT' obeying is the key to salvation."

You are a LIAR, as NOBODY here on TOL has EVER said ANY SUCH THING.

God's Truth

You think that you're cute. "So simple that a child can understand it" is NOT "being a child".

But you're too utterly stupid to know the difference.

Please SHOW THE POST where ANYONE ever said "that 'NOT' obeying is the key to salvation."

You are a LIAR, as NOBODY here on TOL has EVER said ANY SUCH THING.

I'll prove it right now...do you, or not, say that we are saved by believing and not doing anything else?

God's Truth

Since RD believes too that we have to repent of our sins to be saved, it must be noted that he/she also see that it is what Jesus taught, and how Paul taught the exact same thing.

God's Truth

There you have it folks.

GT is a liar that makes a claim that people said something, but CANNOT produce the POST.

If you believe to be saved that one must believe and repent of sins and prove it with right action, then I glad. So why would I produce a post where you say otherwise?

God's Truth

There you have it folks.

GT is a liar that makes a claim that people said something, but CANNOT produce the POST.

Looks like you played that 'give the post where I said that' gig before.

So I found some posts of yours that I kept where you go against obeying before being saved:

Yep, trusting Him and believing that He died for my sin and rose again. Living it comes after being saved.

Obedience does NOT EARN eternal life.

These rewards are NOT ETERNAL LIFE.

You are wrong about me, and more importantly, you are wrong about reward, and how to get the reward.

Right Divider

Body part
Think about it more...who but the devil is crafty enough to get people to believe that 'NOT' obeying is the key to salvation.

If you believe to be saved that one must believe and repent of sins and prove it with right action, then I glad. So why would I produce a post where you say otherwise?
Put up or shut up devil woman.

WHO said SUCH A THING as YOU claimed in your original post?

You cannot produce such a post as you made that up.

God's Truth

There you have it folks.

So since you are quick to call another human a liar, and you are proud to do that, let's see how proud you are to say publicly here and now that in order to be saved, one must believe and repent of sins and prove it by right actions.

God's Truth

Put up or shut up devil woman.

WHO said SUCH A THING as YOU claimed in your original post?

You cannot produce such a post as you made that up.

Here are those posts you were asking for:

Yep, trusting Him and believing that He died for my sin and rose again. Living it comes after being saved.

Obedience does NOT EARN eternal life.

These rewards are NOT ETERNAL LIFE.

...and those are just the post from RD that I lately kept---there were so many more that I didn't bother to keep.

God's Truth

RD goes AGAINST believing and obeying Jesus to get saved.

He tried to cause confusion by calling me a liar and that he does not say that.

However, I gave posts that he/she does say it.

WHY is he going against me if he believes as I do? Does that make sense? Then when I graciously said good that he believes like me---instead of him having the right attitude and spirit---he still keeps calling me a liar. That is not the right kind of spirit to have.

Jesus saves us WHEN he wants to save us---and it might be after you did a lot of things that he says to do.

Jesus saves us WHEN he wants to save someone---and we do it to get the reward, eternal life.

Just ask me for the scriptures, I'd love to show them to anyone.

God's Truth

Jesus saves us when HE WANTS TO SAVE the person.

The one who has the right heart to get saved eventually, is the one who kept doing what he says to do and waits.

Robert Pate

Banned
Jesus saves us when HE WANTS TO SAVE the person.

The one who has the right heart to get saved eventually, is the one who kept doing what he says to do and waits.

In the New Testament people are saved by hearing and believing the Gospel, Romans 10:17.

No one is ever saved because of their obedience to the law, simply because, "There is none righteous, no. not one" Romans 3:10.

God's Truth

In the New Testament people are saved by hearing and believing the Gospel, Romans 10:17.
What are they hearing in the gospel?
The gospel says repent of your sins to be saved.
That is what you have to hear and believe and do.

No one is ever saved because of their obedience to the law, simply because, "There is none righteous, no. not one" Romans 3:10.

That means there is no one so righteous that they have not ever done wrong.
Paul was explaining how even though the Jews were God's children, they were not so righteous that they didn't have to go through Jesus too.

Robert Pate

Banned
What are they hearing in the gospel?
The gospel says repent of your sins to be saved.
That is what you have to hear and believe and do.

That means there is no one so righteous that they have not ever done wrong.
Paul was explaining how even though the Jews were God's children, they were not so righteous that they didn't have to go through Jesus too.

You are under the misconception that by the works of the law one can become as righteous as God.

You insist on believing this and will even go against the Bible when it plainly says...

"By the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin" Romans 3:20.

The law was given to show you that you are a sinner.

God's Truth

You are under the misconception that by the works of the law one can become as righteous as God.

You insist on believing this and will even go against the Bible when it plainly says...

"By the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin" Romans 3:20.

The law was given to show you that you are a sinner.

You bear false witness against me.

The works of the are are these things:

The Burnt Offering; The Grain Offering; The Fellowship Offering; The Sin Offering; The Guilt Offering; Dietary Laws; Purification After Childbirth; Cleansing From Infectious Skin Diseases; Cleansing From Mildew; Discharges Causing Uncleanness; The Day of Atonement; Rules for Priests; The Sabbath; Firstfruits; The Passover and Unleavened Bread; Feast of Weeks; Feast of Trumpets; Feast of Tabernacles; Oil and Bread Set Before The LORD; the Sabbath Year; The Year of Jubilee; Circumcision.

Those are the works of the law that Paul was saying that no longer save or do anything.