Jesus, Paul and the Law

Status
Not open for further replies.

clefty

They may be gay, but they have the truth concerning the law. It has been abolished for the Christian.

Sounds like you don’t agree with yourself:

“Homosexuality is an unfortunate condition.”
Why unfortunate if the law is abolished? Gays I know insist they are happy

“I have a brother inlaw that is a homosexual. My wife says that he was born that way. We are all born sinners, with many different inperfections,”
including misspelling lol...(you’re above grammar laws too I suppose) again with no Law why are gays born sinners? Any more than heteros? Or thieves killers liars...

some of which we inherit from our parents.
why does it even matter?

Is it possible to be a homosexual and be saved?
odd question at all if you really think the Law is abolished...just believe and keep living as per usual

The irony of just believe is a law itself...another gospel to be sure but a rule nonetheless...

We may be surprised to see who is in heaven.
why?
Why be surprised if practicing gays are in heaven...no Law means there is no requirement or standard...nothing is required...my surprise will be everyone is not in heaven the road to heaven a broad highway after all...

no need to repent or change as there is no rules...is your rule

clefty

Trying to be like Jesus by keeping the commandments is the exact thing that Paul taught against. The law will not reconcile you to God. Jesus and Jesus alone is the reconciler, Romans 3:26. You are as religious as a Pharisee.

20If indeed they have escaped the corruption of the world through their knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, only to be entangled and overcome by it again, their final condition is worse than it was at first. 21It would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness than to have known it and turned away from the holy commandment passed on to them. 22Of them the proverbs are true: “A dog returns to its vomit,” and, “A sow that is washed goes back to her wallowing in the mud.”…

You can be saved...know the way of righteousness to the promised land and then not make it in...

Indeed not all who cry Lord Lord!

Dont be that dog...be the pet dog faithfully waiting for the crumbs off the Master’s table...

If you love others JUST AS I have loved you...and you love Me...keep My commandmentss...do this and live...trust and obey

Robert Pate

Banned
20If indeed they have escaped the corruption of the world through their knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, only to be entangled and overcome by it again, their final condition is worse than it was at first. 21It would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness than to have known it and turned away from the holy commandment passed on to them. 22Of them the proverbs are true: “A dog returns to its vomit,” and, “A sow that is washed goes back to her wallowing in the mud.”…

You can be saved...know the way of righteousness to the promised land and then not make it in...

Indeed not all who cry Lord Lord!

Dont be that dog...be the pet dog faithfully waiting for the crumbs off the Master’s table...

If you love others JUST AS I have loved you...and you love Me...keep My commandmentss...do this and live...trust and obey

You give absolutely no credit to the work of the Holy Spirit. All that come to Christ to be saved by him are sealed with the Holy Spirit. There is no unsealing. Once sealed always sealed, Ephesians 1:13. We keep the commandments by being "In Christ" After we are sealed with the Holy Spirit God places us in Christ. God does not see you any more because your life is hid with Christ in God, Colossians 3:3.

clefty

You give absolutely no credit to the work of the Holy Spirit. All that come to Christ to be saved by him are sealed with the Holy Spirit. There is no unsealing. Once sealed always sealed, Ephesians 1:13. We keep the commandments by being "In Christ" After we are sealed with the Holy Spirit God places us in Christ. God does not see you any more because your life is hid with Christ in God, Colossians 3:3.

Sure I credit the work to the Holy Spirit...sealed however to the day of redemption...just as israel was and yet come redemption day they were not allowed into the promised land...they were not worthy of their having been sealed...nothing there about once sealed always saved...much about losing your seal...

Romans 11:20–21, "Unbelieving Israelites were broken off because of their unbelief, but you stand fast only through faith. So do not become proud but fear. For if God did not spare the natural branches, neither will he spare you."
1 Corinthians 10:12, "Let anyone who thinks that he stands take heed lest he fall." Also 15:2, "I preached to you the gospel . . . by which you are saved if you hold it fast—unless you believed in vain."
2 Corinthians 13:5, "Examine yourself to see whether you are holding to your faith. Test yourselves. Do you not realize that Jesus Christ is in you—unless you fail to meet the test!"
Galatians 6:9, "Let us not grow weary in well-doing, for in due season we shall reap, if we do not lose heart."
Philippians 2:12, "Work out your salvation with fear and trembling."
Colossians 1:21–23, "You who were estranged . . . Christ has reconciled . . . in order to present you holy and blameless . . . provided that you continue in the faith, stable and steadfast, not shifting from the hope of the gospel."
Hebrews 12:14, "Strive for peace and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord."
1 Peter 1:17, "If you invoke as Father him who judges each one impartially according to his deeds, conduct yourselves with fear throughout the time of your exile."
Revelation 2:10, "Be faithful unto death and I will give you the crown of life."

There is more...but let that suffice for now...

We keep the commandments by being "In Christ"
if the law is abolished as you insist why does this even matter? Why would He be looking to see if you were appropriately hiding in His Son?

With this alone you admit the commandments are to still be kept...and are but “in Christ”...

I mean, can’t the homo keep acting homo “in Christ”...he is hidden right?

After we are sealed with the Holy Spirit God places us in Christ. God does not see you any more because your life is hid with Christ in God, Colossians 3:3.

But again how do you know you are in Him? Just by crying out “Lord Lord!?” Or keeping His commandments His Way His Father’s Will...

You may be hidden but let your good works be seen by others to give glory to the Father...

Robert Pate

Banned
Sure I credit the work to the Holy Spirit...sealed however to the day of redemption...just as israel was and yet come redemption day they were not allowed into the promised land...they were not worthy of their having been sealed...nothing there about once sealed always saved...much about losing your seal...

Romans 11:20–21, "Unbelieving Israelites were broken off because of their unbelief, but you stand fast only through faith. So do not become proud but fear. For if God did not spare the natural branches, neither will he spare you."
1 Corinthians 10:12, "Let anyone who thinks that he stands take heed lest he fall." Also 15:2, "I preached to you the gospel . . . by which you are saved if you hold it fast—unless you believed in vain."
2 Corinthians 13:5, "Examine yourself to see whether you are holding to your faith. Test yourselves. Do you not realize that Jesus Christ is in you—unless you fail to meet the test!"
Galatians 6:9, "Let us not grow weary in well-doing, for in due season we shall reap, if we do not lose heart."
Philippians 2:12, "Work out your salvation with fear and trembling."
Colossians 1:21–23, "You who were estranged . . . Christ has reconciled . . . in order to present you holy and blameless . . . provided that you continue in the faith, stable and steadfast, not shifting from the hope of the gospel."
Hebrews 12:14, "Strive for peace and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord."
1 Peter 1:17, "If you invoke as Father him who judges each one impartially according to his deeds, conduct yourselves with fear throughout the time of your exile."
Revelation 2:10, "Be faithful unto death and I will give you the crown of life."

There is more...but let that suffice for now...

if the law is abolished as you insist why does this even matter? Why would He be looking to see if you were appropriately hiding in His Son?

With this alone you admit the commandments are to still be kept...and are but “in Christ”...

I mean, can’t the homo keep acting homo “in Christ”...he is hidden right?

But again how do you know you are in Him? Just by crying out “Lord Lord!?” Or keeping His commandments His Way His Father’s Will...

You may be hidden but let your good works be seen by others to give glory to the Father...

We know that we are "In Christ" because we have entered into his rest, Hebrews 4:10. We have ceased from our own works (keeping the law and being religious) and are resting in his work. You are not there.

clefty

We know that we are "In Christ" because we have entered into his rest, Hebrews 4:10. We have ceased from our own works (keeping the law and being religious) and are resting in his work. You are not there.

Please put the sword down before you kill yourself...What you do with scripture is shameful...but understandable as Satan seeks to destroy the sign of His people...

What work did God cease from? Salvation? Redemption? Sacrifice? Protection? Sustainer? JUDGE...Did He cease any of these roles in His office? Or did He cease His work as creator in Genesis? (Who knows how much He has worked as Creator since...)

So specifically what rest did Yah enter? A seventh day sabbath cessation of His work in genesis is the rest we are to enter AS HE DID FROM HIS WORK.

You think He is resting now? You think we will be resting in paradise? Did the people when finally entering the promise land merely rest? No they worked six days then rested...is why there remains for His People a sabbatismos...greek for Sabbath keeping...not even a greek word but borrowed from the Hebrews this letter was written to...they understood its concept and meaning...had it meant to say “in Him there remain no works prepared for us to do” it would have been written that way...

Go read TITUS on what it means to follow Him His way...His good works His seventh day rest ...I would post texts but again I see what you do with the sword...

Robert Pate

Banned
Please put the sword down before you kill yourself...What you do with scripture is shameful...but understandable as Satan seeks to destroy the sign of His people...

What work did God cease from? Salvation? Redemption? Sacrifice? Protection? Sustainer? JUDGE...Did He cease any of these roles in His office? Or did He cease His work as creator in Genesis? (Who knows how much He has worked as Creator since...)

So specifically what rest did Yah enter? A seventh day sabbath cessation of His work in genesis is the rest we are to enter AS HE DID FROM HIS WORK.

You think He is resting now? You think we will be resting in paradise? Did the people when finally entering the promise land merely rest? No they worked six days then rested...is why there remains for His People a sabbatismos...greek for Sabbath keeping...not even a greek word but borrowed from the Hebrews this letter was written to...they understood its concept and meaning...had it meant to say “in Him there remain no works prepared for us to do” it would have been written that way...

Go read TITUS on what it means to follow Him His way...His good works His seventh day rest ...I would post texts but again I see what you do with the sword...

There is a Christian life to be lived. It is lived by faith in Christ and his Gospel. It is not lived to try and be saved because we are already saved. We are called to be witnesses for Christ and his Gospel. This is the Christians purpose. I don't think that you know what the Gospel is much less witness about it. You are hung up on the Christian life. Instead of the life that was lived for your salvation and justification. I am afraid that you are going to be in the Lord, Lord, didn't we group, Matthew 7:21-23

clefty

There is a Christian life to be lived.
HELLOOO...of course there is...please describe that for me...

It is lived by faith in Christ and his Gospel.
yup
It is not lived to try and be saved because we are already saved.
HALLELUYAH!!! That’s what I am talking about...HEY TOL!!! Robert gets it!!!!

We are called to be witnesses for Christ and his Gospel.
PRAISE BE...and how do we do that declaring we are now in Christ and yet still live as before we were...or do others WITNESS the new circumcised heart and regeneration begun in your life?

This is the Christians purpose.
INDEED!!! Not just to say I believe and carry on as before...just like I cant claim I was born to steal any more because I am reborn so I dont want to...and were I homo I certainly cant insist I can continue living out my former fleshy ways...that would NOT be a witness to what was done for us because we are saved from doing what we did before...which of course the Law pointed out...and to Who can save us...

All this time I guess you thought the law had only one side to point out sin and not to point out the Saviour...

Did you even note that the stone tablets were written on BOTH SIDES?

So on the road of life either going to heaven or going to hell you could read that sign...LOL

I don't think that you know what the Gospel is much less witness about it. You are hung up on the Christian life. Instead of the life that was lived for your salvation and justification. I am afraid that you are going to be in the Lord, Lord, didn't we group, Matthew 7:21-23

Well nothing I posted here will guarantee I will not be...but you havent shown me I will be....so thanks for the caution but my prayer is to be led by the Spirit into Him His Faith...and not allow others with another gospel cheat me of my reward after running this race...

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned
HELLOOO...of course there is...please describe that for me...

yup HALLELUYAH!!! That’s what I am talking about...HEY TOL!!! Robert gets it!!!!

PRAISE BE...and how do we do that declaring we are now in Christ and yet still live as before we were...or do others WITNESS the new circumcised heart and regeneration begun in your life?

INDEED!!! Not just to say I believe and carry on as before...just like I cant claim I was born to steal any more because I am reborn so I dont want to...and were I homo I certainly cant insist I can continue living out my former fleshy ways...that would NOT be a witness to what was done for us because we are saved from doing what we did before...which of course the Law pointed out...and to Who can save us...

All this time I guess you thought the law had only one side to point out sin and not to point out the Saviour...

Did you even note that the stone tablets were written on BOTH SIDES?

So on the road of life either going to heaven or going to hell you could read that sign...LOL

Well nothing I posted here will guarantee I will not be...but you havent shown me I will be....so thanks for the caution but my prayer is to be led by the Spirit into Him His Faith...and not allow others with another gospel cheat me of my reward after running this race...

You cannot talk about the Christians life without talking about the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is the Christians guide and keeper, not the law, John 16:13-15.

The Holy Spirit prompts the Christian to do good works, Ephesians 2:10. It is all of God.

To be led by the Spirit is to be led by the Gospel. In the Gospel we are perfect and complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10. Because we are perfect and complete in Christ we should live like it. If you have been justified, sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30. Then you should not have to be told by the law how you should live. Play your position in Christ. This is how to live by the Spirit.

clefty

You cannot talk about the Christians life without talking about the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is the Christians guide and keeper, not the law, John 16:13-15.
right...and like a good guide the Holy Spirit will NOT guide you off His Way...to do things live unlike Him...It helped write the map...that still binding law...is why It guides you into the Law Him His way...and as a keeper It keeps you in

The Holy Spirit prompts the Christian to do good works, Ephesians 2:10.
HALLELUYAH...that is a change on your part...yes in deed do good works because of what was done for you...you are now dead to old ways the curse of the still binding Law and alive in Him His Way...

It is all of God.
except your choosing to believe...only then can the Father draw you

To be led by the Spirit is to be led by the Gospel. In the Gospel we are perfect and complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10. Because we are perfect and complete in Christ we should live like it.
HALLELUYAH yes we should and I pray you strive to be...finish the race brother...May He lead and comfort and give you strength

If you have been justified, sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30. Then you should not have to be told by the law how you should live.
also true...just like I shouldn’t have have my passport with me all the time but know I am a citizen here and act like it...and good luck to me if I cant prove I am a citizen here when I break the law and it comes to ask...

Play your position in Christ.
yes indeed and put on the whole armor its a war out here...much work to be done much to lose and more to gain

This is how to live by the Spirit.
YES! and (whispering) according to the Law...

Robert Pate

Banned
right...and like a good guide the Holy Spirit will NOT guide you off His Way...to do things live unlike Him...It helped write the map...that still binding law...is why It guides you into the Law Him His way...and as a keeper It keeps you in

HALLELUYAH...that is a change on your part...yes in deed do good works because of what was done for you...you are now dead to old ways the curse of the still binding Law and alive in Him His Way...

except your choosing to believe...only then can the Father draw you

HALLELUYAH yes we should and I pray you strive to be...finish the race brother...May He lead and comfort and give you strength

also true...just like I shouldn’t have have my passport with me all the time but know I am a citizen here and act like it...and good luck to me if I cant prove I am a citizen here when I break the law and it comes to ask...

yes indeed and put on the whole armor its a war out here...much work to be done much to lose and more to gain

YES! and (whispering) according to the Law...

The only thing that the law will do for you is it will bring judgment and condemnation on you. The law demands perfection. It does not whisper, it screams, "Be perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect". Are you perfect? No, you are a sinner. If you are going to follow the law, you had better figure out how you are going to be perfect. In the Judgment the only thing that is going to pass is the righteousness of Christ. I am afraid that you are going to be in the Lord, Lord, didn't I group, Matthew 7:21-23. Lord, Lord, didn't I keep the commandments. Good luck with that.

clefty

The only thing that the law will do for you is it will bring judgment and condemnation on you. The law demands perfection. It does not whisper, it screams, "Be perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect". Are you perfect? No, you are a sinner. If you are going to follow the law, you had better figure out how you are going to be perfect.
easy...IN HIM and by the Spirit...oh and a desire to repent when I fail...

BTW the LAW doesnt scream “Be perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect” Yahushua INSTRUCTS we do so...

Oh the greater irony is that He was instructing the Law was not enough but MORE was expected...

Matt 5:47And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even Gentiles Robert do the same?

48Be perfect, therefore, as your Heavenly Father is perfect.”

In the Judgment the only thing that is going to pass is the righteousness of Christ. I am afraid that you are going to be in the Lord, Lord, didn't I group, Matthew 7:21-23. Lord, Lord, didn't I keep the commandments. Good luck with that.

LOL...where does it say “didn't I keep the commandments?”...it DOESNT

Now where does it say depart from Me you who practice LAWLESSNESS?...spoiler alert: its at the end...

21 “Not everyone who says to Me, r‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who sdoes the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we tnot prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And uthen I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!

I bolded it for you reading pleasure...

Robert Pate

Banned
easy...IN HIM and by the Spirit...oh and a desire to repent when I fail...

BTW the LAW doesnt scream “Be perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect” Yahushua INSTRUCTS we do so...

Oh the greater irony is that He was instructing the Law was not enough but MORE was expected...

Matt 5:47And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even Gentiles Robert do the same?

48Be perfect, therefore, as your Heavenly Father is perfect.”

LOL...where does it say “didn't I keep the commandments?”...it DOESNT

Now where does it say depart from Me you who practice LAWLESSNESS?...spoiler alert: its at the end...

21 “Not everyone who says to Me, r‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who sdoes the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we tnot prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And uthen I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!

I bolded it for you reading pleasure...

The will of the Father is that you believe on his Son Jesus Christ and not on your ability to keep the law.

You are practicing lawlessness by not obeying the Gospel. In the Gospel Jesus fulfills the law for us and then abolishes it, Ephesians 2:15.

You don't believe that, instead you want to be the one that fulfills the law. You have a lot in common with the Pharisees.

clefty

The will of the Father is that you believe on his Son Jesus Christ and not on your ability to keep the law.

You are practicing lawlessness by not obeying the Gospel. In the Gospel Jesus fulfills the law for us and then abolishes it, Ephesians 2:15.

You don't believe that, instead you want to be the one that fulfills the law. You have a lot in common with the Pharisees.

Lol...already covered...you have clearly shown you dont know the difference between law and ordinance...

Pity I had hope you would...

Please go to the end of this...revelations...read the letters to the 7 churches...

To the individuals in those churches He says He knows their your works, your labor...he who overcomes, KEEPS MY WORKS UNTIL THE END...

“Depart from me who practice lawlessness...and sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly...”

I regret you continually show by your works here you merely wish to be lawless...

Robert Pate

Banned
Lol...already covered...you have clearly shown you dont know the difference between law and ordinance...

Pity I had hope you would...

Please go to the end of this...revelations...read the letters to the 7 churches...

To the individuals in those churches He says He knows their your works, your labor...he who overcomes, KEEPS MY WORKS UNTIL THE END...

“Depart from me who practice lawlessness...and sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly...”

I regret you continually show by your works here you merely wish to be lawless...

Anything in the Bible that tells you to do something or not to do something is law. The ordinances are part of the law because they tell us to do something.

The 7 churches in the book of Revelation consisted mostly of unsaved people that were not trusting in Christ for their salvation. They were full of false doctrines and heresies.

I am not lawless. I am "In Christ" and live by the Spirit.

Many believe that there is a conflict between what Jesus taught and what Paul taught concerning the law. There is no conflict.

WHAT IS THE LAW?

The law is the nature and character of God. It was given to Israel at Mount Siani as a keeper until Christ should arrive. After the arrival of Christ the Jews were no longer required to live according to the law, this is why the law was abolished, Ephesians 2:15. They were called to live by the Holy Spirit of Christ and by faith, This is why Paul wrote, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17.

The law was abolished by the death of Christ.

"Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us and took it out of the way NAILING IT TO HIS CROSS" Colossians 2:14

The law was contrary to us because no one could do it or keep it. It is a human impossibility.

While Jesus was dying on the cross God tore the veil that covered the "Holy of Holies" from the top to the bottom, Matthew 27:51. This signified the end of the Old Covenant, the law and the Jewish religion. The New Covenant that God established with Israel, Hebrews 8:7,8. Is not the written law or the commandments. The law is now spiritual and is written on the hearts of believers by the Holy Spirit, Hebrews 8:10. The Christian now lives by the Spirit of Christ and not the letter of the law. The New Covenant is Christ himself, Hebrews 9:11-14.

The purpose of the law is to reveal the nature and the character of God. The other purpose is to reveal that man is a sinner and needs a savior. This is why Paul wrote,

"But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which after words should be revealed. Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after faith is come, WE ARE NO LONGER UNDER THE SCHOOLMASTER" Galatians 3:23-25.

To continue to live as a Jew under the law, trying to do or keep the law is to be under a curse, Galatians 3:10. Living by laws, rules and religion, is proof that you are not indwelt with the Holy Spirit and are under judgment and condemnation. Those that live by Spirit do not need laws, rules or religion. To live by Spirit is to live according to the Gospel. In the Gospel we have been justified, sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30. God sees us as perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10. If God sees us as perfect and complete in Jesus Christ, then what good is laws, rules and religion?

The law shows us God's will, and His character, and yes, is in harmony with His nature, for His law is love, and God is love. To say we no longer have to live according to the law, is saying we have no longer to live according to God's will, and that we don't have to have Christ's character.

Colossians 2:14 is talking about the handwriting of ordinances. The 10 Commandments are not ordinances.

Christ makes us free from sin.

John 8:34-36 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. 35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever. 36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

What is sin?

1 John 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

So now that we are freed from sin, or breaking God's law, we are now servants of righteousness.

Romans 6:18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

Whosoever does righteousness then, keeps the law of God, is a servant of Christ.

1 John 3:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

Whosoever breaks the law is of the devil.

1 John 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

Friend, I will leave you with these last two verses:

Revelation 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Revelation 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

clefty

Anything in the Bible that tells you to do something or not to do something is law.
do as those who sit in Moses’ seat...NOT AS THEY DO...that is quite different than “Dont worry about what those in moses’ seat teach I have come to fulfill the law so you dont have to”

The ordinances are part of the law because they tell us to do something.
the ordinances are against you coming at you like a military ordnance...they are the curses and penalties...there is traffic law and then the ticket for breaking it...the ticket is the ordnance shot at you...that was nailed to the cross paid for...the curse done away with...NOT the Law...think NOT that I have come to abolish...but to fulfill...and once fulfilled the standard is affirmed...He is our example

The 7 churches in the book of Revelation consisted mostly of unsaved people that were not trusting in Christ for their salvation. They were full of false doctrines and heresies.
more specifically they were breaking laws and rules...NOTHING there about “just believe and be as you were”..

I am not lawless. I am "In Christ" and live by the Spirit.
if you are then you would demonstrate it and teach others to by living and loving JUST AS He did...His Way and His faith...

You would be different than you were...not of the world but set apart...circumcised in the heart because of faith into obedience...

Robert Pate

Banned
The law shows us God's will, and His character, and yes, is in harmony with His nature, for His law is love, and God is love. To say we no longer have to live according to the law, is saying we have no longer to live according to God's will, and that we don't have to have Christ's character.

Colossians 2:14 is talking about the handwriting of ordinances. The 10 Commandments are not ordinances.

Christ makes us free from sin.

John 8:34-36 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. 35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever. 36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

What is sin?

1 John 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

So now that we are freed from sin, or breaking God's law, we are now servants of righteousness.

Romans 6:18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

Whosoever does righteousness then, keeps the law of God, is a servant of Christ.

1 John 3:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

Whosoever breaks the law is of the devil.

1 John 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

Friend, I will leave you with these last two verses:

Revelation 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Revelation 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

The law is not God's love. The law is judgment and condemnation. Jesus took us out from under the law because it is contrary to us, no one can keep it or do it, Colossians 2:14.

Where there is no law there is no judgment or condemnation.

We keep the commandments by being "In Christ". God sees us as perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10. There is no other way that we can be seen as righteous in God's eyes because we are all sinners, Romans 3:10.

The law is not God's love. The law is judgment and condemnation. Jesus took us out from under the law because it is contrary to us, no one can keep it or do it, Colossians 2:14.

Where there is no law there is no judgment or condemnation.

We keep the commandments by being "In Christ". God sees us as perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10. There is no other way that we can be seen as righteous in God's eyes because we are all sinners, Romans 3:10.
The Law shows God's love. Does it not show us He has mercy upon those who love Him and keep His commandments? Look at the second commandment. Mercy can only be granted to those who have actually done something wrong. It shows that God is a forgiving God. But, the way of forgiveness is only through His Son, Jesus Christ.

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.