ECT Jesus one and only nature

0scar

Jesus had one and only nature, that common to God and man.
Here some verses declaring the nature of Jesus in two forms: divine and human:

Philippians 2:6-11
"Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

John 1:1 and John 1:14
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
"And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth."

Romans 1:3-4
"Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh; And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead;"

Romans 9:5 GNV (Geneva Bible)
"Of whom are the fathers, and of whom concerning the flesh, Christ came, who is God over all, blessed forever, Amen."

1 Timothy 3:16
"And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory."

Colossians 2:9
"For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily."

Hebrews 1:1-8 and Hebrews 2:14-17
"God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high; Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they. For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son? And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him. And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire. But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom."

"Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage. For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham. Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people."

1 John 1:1-3
"That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life; (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us; ) That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ."

1 John 4:2-3
"Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world."

0scar

John 10:34 Jesus answered, “Is it not written in your law, ‘I said, you are gods’? 35 If those to whom the word of God came were called ‘gods’—and the scripture cannot be annulled— 36 can you say that the one whom the Father has sanctified and sent into the world is blaspheming because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’?

What Jesus is saying is that he being man is God in the same manner we being men are gods.
Jesus is saying that his nature is the same of men; a nature shared by God and the creation (men) he made at his image and likeness. God and men with one common and unique nature.

Last edited:

0scar

John 10:30-33
30 The Father and I are one.”
31 The Jews took up stones again to stone him. 32 Jesus replied, “I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of these are you going to stone me?” 33 The Jews answered, “It is not for a good work that we are going to stone you, but for blasphemy, because you, though only a human being, are making yourself God.”

One nature: human and divine

Col. 2:9
9 For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily,

Jesus one nature: divine and human

Phil. 2:5-7
Christ Jesus, 6 who, though he was in the form of God, did not regard equality with God as something to be exploited, 7 but emptied himself, taking the form of a slave, being born in human likeness.

Jesus in one nature and in two forms:divine and human

Heb. 1:6-8;
6 And again, when he brings the firstborn into the world, he says,
“Let all God’s angels worship him. 7 Of the angels he says, He makes his angels winds, and his servants flames of fire. 8 But of the Son he says, Your throne, O God, is forever and ever,
and the righteous scepter is the scepter of your kingdom.

"Brings into the world" means the incarnated. Jesus incarnated had the nature of human and God. One nature:human and divine

2 Pet. 1:1.
Simeon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ,
To those who have received a faith as precious as ours through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ:

Jesus Christ in his nature: divine and human

1 Tim. 2:5
5 For there is one God; there is also one mediator between God and humankind,

Christ Jesus, himself human,
Christ Jesus in his only one nature:divine and human

tomlapalm

John 10:34 Jesus answered, “Is it not written in your law,[d] ‘I said, you are gods’? 35 If those to whom the word of God came were called ‘gods’—and the scripture cannot be annulled— 36 can you say that the one whom the Father has sanctified and sent into the world is blaspheming because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’?

What Jesus is saying is that he being man is God in the same manner we being men are gods.
Jesus is saying that his nature is the same of men; a nature shared by God and the creation (men) he made at his image and likeness. God and men with one common and unique nature.

Oscar, "God" does not equal "gods"

We are elohyim, Heavenly Host, GOD is more, He is LORD of Hosts

I agree with your premise, I am not sure how you got there, though

0scar

Oscar, "God" does not equal "gods"

We are elohyim, Heavenly Host, GOD is more, He is LORD of Hosts

I agree with your premise, I am not sure how you got there, though

we are not God, we are not in from of God.
we are gods, we share the same nature of God, our creator.
we share the same nature of Jesus and one form of him: his human form

tomlapalm

We did share with God until , we, the elohyim sinned.

The relationship was broken and our nature no longer was Godlike but as we are sinners. Jesus nature was not sinful. We can be restored through salvation.

0scar

I asume you are Tomas de la Palma. Palma Mayorca or Palma Canarias?

The nature does not change. The nature is always the same.

tomlapalm

sin degrades our nature, The more we sin, the more likely to sin. Conversely, the more we submit to God's will the easier it is not to sin.

Weakness leads to more weakness, strength leads to more strength.

0scar

sin degrades our nature, The more we sin, the more likely to sin. Conversely, the more we submit to God's will the easier it is not to sin.

Weakness leads to more weakness, strength leads to more strength.

this is not the topic.
open your own thread.

tomlapalm

sure it is , the nature of Jesus, the nature of man, the nature of God.

you didn't realize how deep it actually is when you intend to attack Jesus .

Being Human, you bring your nature into the discussion when Jesus's nature is mentioned.

0scar

sure it is , the nature of Jesus, the nature of man, the nature of God.

you didn't realize how deep it actually is when you intend to attack Jesus .

Being Human, you bring your nature into the discussion when Jesus's nature is mentioned.

Nobody attack Jesus.
ALL christians declare Jesus as human. They say that he has added huma nature to his divine nature. I say divine nature and human nature is one nature wich takes the form of God or form of man.
But at the end of the day, all christians declare the human nature of Jesus. Are they attacking Jesus?

tomlapalm

intentions, nobody brings up the nature of Jesus, except to attack it, either, all human or all God, usually intended as controversy.

0scar

intentions, nobody brings up the nature of Jesus, except to attack it, either, all human or all God, usually intended as controversy.

that is what the Counsil of Chalsedon did; to attack Jesus by formulating the HU; union of the human nature of Jesus to his divine nature.

0scar

my intentions are to spread the doctrine of the Scripture: Jesus was 100% divine and human. 100% of Jesus was divine and human.

100% of Jesus spirit was 100% divine and human
100% of Jesus soul was 100% divine and human
100% of Jesus body was 100% divine and human

tomlapalm

no , his body was just like yours.

Heb 4:15
For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Heb 2:14
Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

0scar

no , his body was just like yours.

Heb 4:15
For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Heb 2:14
Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

Colosians 2:9 For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily,

Jesus body was divine and human.