Jesus is YHWH

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Mat 16:15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
Mat 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

1Co 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Lon

edited... I take your rebuke and raise you my correction of my post, Oats.

Get it... Post Oats?

- EE
Naw, he thinks scripture numbers are inspired. The Philippians verse is actually just a verse.

John 17:5
Isaiah 42:8

The only way I know to reconcile these without calling one of them or believing one of them a lie, is to come to a triune understanding.

-Lon

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]Isaiah 40:25[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
“To whom will you compare me? Or who is my equal?” says the Holy One.
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Isaiah 46:5[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
“With whom will you compare me or count me equal? To whom will you liken me that we may be compared?[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Philippians 2:5-7
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Yahshua: 6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
That word "equal" could be translated in other words, such as, "equated," or "counted," or "equality." If Yahshua states that "The Father is greater than I" and refers to his Father in prayer as "You, the only true God." It's kind of obvious that he's not equal to the one who sent him. "God exalted him," he did not exalt himself.

Here is an alternate reading of Philippians 2:6. Who being in the form of God did not think equality with God as obtainable.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

oatmeal

edited... I take your rebuke and raise you my correction of my post, Oats.

Get it... Post Oats?

- EE

Thanks for the generous dose of humor.

Please note verse 6 that Jesus thought it not robbery to be equal with God

now note verse 5 Let this mind be in you which was in Christ Jesus.

Since Jesus thought it not robbery to be equal with God and we are to let his mind be in us, then I think it is not robbery for me to be equal with God, if indeed, we have an accurate understanding of verse 6

Are you and I and every believer to think it not robbery to be equal to God?

daqq

YHWH (יהוה) is a Name – The Name:

Exodus 6:3
3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Yitschak, and unto Yaakob, by way of El Shaddai, but My Name YHWH I did not make known to them.

Deuteronomy 32:3
3 For I will proclaim the Name of YHWH: Ascribe greatness unto our Elohim:

Context – The Name of the Father:

Deuteronomy 32:1-6
1 Give ear, O heavens, and I will speak; and hear, O earth, the words of my mouth.
2 My doctrine shall drop as the rain, my speech shall distill as the dew,
as the small rain upon the tender herb, and as the showers upon the grass:
[Isa 45:8]
For I will proclaim the Name of YHWH: Ascribe greatness unto our Elohim:
4 The Rock,
[ha-Tsur] His work is perfect; for all His ways are judgment: an El of truth and without iniquity, Tzaddik-Just and Yasher-Upright is He.
5 They have corrupted against Him, they are not His sons; their blemish is of a perverse and crooked generation.
6 Do you thus requite YHWH, O foolish
and unwise people? is He not your Father who has purchased you? has He not made you, and established you?

YHWH Elohim Almighty is my heavenly Father. :)

keypurr

I responded with 3 because you responded with more than 3. We each lose points for breaking the rules.

I said! I have to keep my own rules. Keep it at 2 and keep em coming.

John 14:9 Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

John 20:27 Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here, and see my hands; and put out your hand, and place it in my side. Do not disbelieve, but believe.” 28 Thomas answered him, “My Lord and my God!”

Romans 8:9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.

Why should we play by your rules?
You are misguided EE.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
REV 3

12 The one who is victorious I will make a pillar in the temple of My God, and he will never again leave it. Upon him I will write the name of My God, and the name of the city of My God (the new Jerusalem that comes down out of heaven from My God), and My new name.

Isaiah 62:2
The nations will see your righteousness, And all kings your glory; And you will be called by a new name Which the mouth of the LORD will designate.

keypurr

REV 3

12 The one who is victorious I will make a pillar in the temple of My God, and he will never again leave it. Upon him I will write the name of My God, and the name of the city of My God (the new Jerusalem that comes down out of heaven from My God), and My new name.

Isaiah 62:2
The nations will see your righteousness, And all kings your glory; And you will be called by a new name Which the mouth of the LORD will designate.

Amen

keypurr

[FONT=&quot]Isaiah 40:25[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
“To whom will you compare me? Or who is my equal?” says the Holy One.
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Isaiah 46:5[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
“With whom will you compare me or count me equal? To whom will you liken me that we may be compared?[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Philippians 2:5-7
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Yahshua: 6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
That word "equal" could be translated in other words, such as, "equated," or "counted," or "equality." If Yahshua states that "The Father is greater than I" and refers to his Father in prayer as "You, the only true God." It's kind of obvious that he's not equal to the one who sent him. "God exalted him," he did not exalt himself.

Here is an alternate reading of Philippians 2:6. Who being in the form of God did not think equality with God as obtainable.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

The key word is FORM of.
Fits my created god thoughts quite well.

keypurr

3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Yitschak, and unto Yaakob, by way of El Shaddai, but My Name YHWH I did not make known to them.

1 Give ear, O heavens, and I will speak; and hear, O earth, the words of my mouth.
4 The Rock,
[ha-Tsur] His work is perfect; for all His ways are judgment: an El of truth and without iniquity, Tzaddik-Just and Yasher-Upright is He.
5 They have corrupted against Him, they are not His sons; their blemish is of a perverse and crooked generation.
and unwise people? is He not your Father who has purchased you? has He not made you, and established you?

They only see what they want to see. And that is not to far.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I responded with 3 because you responded with more than 3. We each lose points for breaking the rules.

I said! I have to keep my own rules. Keep it at 2 and keep em coming.

John 14:9 Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

John 20:27 Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here, and see my hands; and put out your hand, and place it in my side. Do not disbelieve, but believe.” 28 Thomas answered him, “My Lord and my God!”

Romans 8:9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.

I said
God was in Christ.

[2Co 5:19 NKJV]
19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.

[1Jo 4:3 NKJV]
3 and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the [spirit] of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.

God is Spirit. Jesus was not a Spirit.

[Jhn 4:24 NKJV]

24 "God [is] Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."

daqq

4 The Rock,

Notice that Moshe mentions sons, when he says, "they are not His sons", and since he writes this one may know that something has changed; for indeed YHWH is now spoken of as a Father, having sons. This means that the so-called "marriage covenant" has already been nullified; for the children of Yisrael broke that covenant before Moshe had even descended from the mountain, when they made the golden calf, and that is why Moshe broke the first two stone tablets; for the covenant was immediately broken upon the making of a golden calf while Moshe was in the mount forty days and forty nights. The Prophet Yirmeyahu expounds on this:

Jeremiah 3:3-4
3 Therefore the showers have been withheld, and there has been no latter rain; yet you have had the forehead of an harlot, and you refused to be ashamed.
4 Would you not from that time cry unto Me, "Abiy, ("my Father"), you are the guide of my youth"?

Jeremiah 3:19
19 But I said, How shall I put you among the sons, and give you a pleasant land, a goodly heritage among the hosts of nations? and I said, You shall call Me, "Abiy", ("my Father"), and shall not turn away from Me.

So the Father YHWH plainly states in no uncertain terms that He desires for His people to call Him "Abiy", that is, "my Father", and anyone who refuses to do so cannot even be placed among His sons because the so-called "marriage covenant" was null and void from the moment the children of Yisrael made the golden calf and Moshe broke the first two tables of stone.

Context:

Jeremiah 3:1-5
1 It is said, If a man put away his wife, and she go from him, and become another man's, shall he return unto her again? shall not that land be greatly polluted? moreover you have played the harlot with many lovers; howbeit, "Return again to Me", says YHWH.
2 Lift up your eyes unto the high places, and see where you have not been lien with: in the thoroughfares have you sat for them, as the Arabian in the wilderness; and you have polluted the land with your whoredoms and with your wickedness.
3 Therefore the showers have been withheld, and there has been no latter rain; yet you have had the forehead of an harlot, and you refused to be ashamed.
4 Would you not from that time cry unto Me, "Abiy, ("my Father"), you are the guide of my youth"?
5 Will He reserve His anger for ever? will He keep it to the end? Behold, you have spoken and done evil things whatsoever you could.

So the Father calls His people to return to Him; but it shall not be as a "marriage covenant", for that covenant was annulled the moment they made a golden calf. The only way to return to Him, according to the above passages and from Deut 32 in the previous post, is to confess and to call Him, "Abiy", which is, "my Father", and which is exactly what the Master does throughout the Gospel accounts, (which is particularly obvious in the prayer which fills up the entire chapter of John 17). Accordingly then, (according to the all scripture passages above), not even the Master Teacher himself could be placed among the sons of YHWH unless he was willing to call Him, "Abiy", "my Father", which is precisely what the Master did by all accounts.

daqq

Spoiler

4 The Rock,

Notice that Moshe mentions sons, when he says, "they are not His sons", and since he writes this one may know that something has changed; for indeed YHWH is now spoken of as a Father, having sons. This means that the so-called "marriage covenant" has already been nullified; for the children of Yisrael broke that covenant before Moshe had even descended from the mountain, when they made the golden calf, and that is why Moshe broke the first two stone tablets; for the covenant was immediately broken upon the making of a golden calf while Moshe was in the mount forty days and forty nights. The Prophet Yirmeyahu expounds on this:

19 But I said, How shall I put you among the sons, and give you a pleasant land, a goodly heritage among the hosts of nations? and I said, You shall call Me, "Abiy", ("my Father"), and shall not turn away from Me.

So the Father YHWH plainly states in no uncertain terms that He desires for His people to call Him "Abiy", that is, "my Father", and anyone who refuses to do so cannot even be placed among His sons because the so-called "marriage covenant" was null and void from the moment the children of Yisrael made the golden calf and Moshe broke the first two tables of stone.

Context:

1 It is said, If a man put away his wife, and she go from him, and become another man's, shall he return unto her again? shall not that land be greatly polluted? moreover you have played the harlot with many lovers; howbeit, "Return again to Me", says YHWH.
2 Lift up your eyes unto the high places, and see where you have not been lien with: in the thoroughfares have you sat for them, as the Arabian in the wilderness; and you have polluted the land with your whoredoms and with your wickedness.
5 Will He reserve His anger for ever? will He keep it to the end? Behold, you have spoken and done evil things whatsoever you could.

So the Father calls His people to return to Him; but it shall not be as a "marriage covenant", for that covenant was annulled the moment they made a golden calf. The only way to return to Him, according to the above passages and from Deut 32 in the previous post, is to confess and to call Him, "Abiy", which is, "my Father", and which is exactly what the Master does throughout the Gospel accounts, (which is particularly obvious in the prayer which fills up the entire chapter of John 17). Accordingly then, (according to the all scripture passages above), not even the Master Teacher himself could be placed among the sons of YHWH unless he was willing to call Him, "Abiy", "my Father", which is precisely what the Master did by all accounts.
And no doubt haNavi Yirmeyahu knows the writing of haNavi Yeshayahu who came before him, and they agree, for Yeshayahu references the same passage in the context of the following statement:

Isaiah 63:15-16
15 Look down from heaven,
[Deut 32:2] and behold from the habitation of your holiness and of your glory: where is your zeal and your strength, the sounding of your bowels and of your mercies toward me? are they restrained?
16 Doubtless you are our Father, though Abraham be ignorant of us, and Yisrael acknowledge us not: You, O YHWH, are our Father, our Redeemer;
[Deut 32:6] your Name is from everlasting.

Context:

Isaiah 63:15-19
15 Look down from heaven, and behold from the habitation of your holiness and of your glory: where is your zeal and your strength, the sounding of your bowels and of your mercies toward me? are they restrained?
16 Doubtless you are our Father, though Abraham be ignorant of us, and Yisrael acknowledge us not: You, O YHWH, are our Father, our Redeemer; your Name is from everlasting.
17 O YHWH, why have you made us to err from your ways and hardened our heart from reverencing you? Return for the sake of your servants, the tribes of your inheritance.
18 The people of your holiness have possessed it but a little while: our adversaries have trodden down your sanctuary.
19 We are yours; You have not ruled over them: they are not called by Your Name
[Deut 32:5-6].

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I said
God was in Christ.

19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.

3 and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the [spirit] of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.

24 "God [is] Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."

True.

daqq

Spoiler

4 The Rock,

Context:

And no doubt haNavi Yirmeyahu knows the writing of haNavi Yeshayahu who came before him, and they agree, for Yeshayahu references the same passage in the context of the following statement:

[Deut 32:2] and behold from the habitation of your holiness and of your glory: where is your zeal and your strength, the sounding of your bowels and of your mercies toward me? are they restrained?
16 Doubtless you are our Father, though Abraham be ignorant of us, and Yisrael acknowledge us not: You, O YHWH, are our Father, our Redeemer;

Context:

15 Look down from heaven, and behold from the habitation of your holiness and of your glory: where is your zeal and your strength, the sounding of your bowels and of your mercies toward me? are they restrained?
16 Doubtless you are our Father, though Abraham be ignorant of us, and Yisrael acknowledge us not: You, O YHWH, are our Father, our Redeemer; your Name is from everlasting.
17 O YHWH, why have you made us to err from your ways and hardened our heart from reverencing you? Return for the sake of your servants, the tribes of your inheritance.
18 The people of your holiness have possessed it but a little while: our adversaries have trodden down your sanctuary.
Hebrews 5:4-8
4 And no man takes this honor unto himself, but he that is called of Elohim, as was Ahron.
5 So also Messiah glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but He that said to him, "You are My Son, this day have I begotten you."
6 As He says also in another place, "You are a priest for ever after the order of Melki-Tzedek."
7 Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications, with strong crying and tears, unto Him that was able to save him from death; and was heard in that he reverentially-feared:
8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered:

And where did the Master offer up prayers and supplications, with strong crying and tears, unto Him that was able to save him from death?

Mark 14:33-36
33 And he took with him Peter and Yaakob and Yohanan, and began to be greatly amazed, and sorely troubled.
34 And he said to them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: abide yourselves here and watch.
35 And he went forward a little, and fell on the ground, and prayed that if it were possible the hour might pass away from him.
36 And he said, Abba, Father, all things are possible unto You; remove this cup from me: howbeit not what I will, but what You will.

daqq

Spoiler

4 The Rock,

Context:

Context:

Hebrews 5:4-8
4 And no man takes this honor unto himself, but he that is called of Elohim, as was Ahron.
5 So also Messiah glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but He that said to him, "You are My Son, this day have I begotten you."
6 As He says also in another place, "You are a priest for ever after the order of Melki-Tzedek."
7 Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications, with strong crying and tears, unto Him that was able to save him from death; and was heard in that he reverentially-feared:
8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered:

And where did the Master offer up prayers and supplications, with strong crying and tears, unto Him that was able to save him from death?

Mark 14:33-36
33 And he took with him Peter and Yaakob and Yohanan, and began to be greatly amazed, and sorely troubled.
34 And he said to them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: abide yourselves here and watch.
35 And he went forward a little, and fell on the ground, and prayed that if it were possible the hour might pass away from him.
36 And he said, Abba, Father, all things are possible unto You; remove this cup from me: howbeit not what I will, but what You will.
Hebrews 1:5
5 For unto which of the messengers said He at any time, "You are My Son; this day have I begotten you"?
Psa 2:7 And again, "I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son"? 2Sam 7:14

Psalm 2:7
7 I will declare the decree: YHWH has said unto me, You are My Son; this day have I begotten you.

2 Samuel 7:14 with context:

2 Samuel 7:10-16
10 Moreover I will appoint a place for My people Yisrael, and will plant them, that they may dwell in a place of their own, and move no more; neither shall the sons of wickedness afflict them any more, as beforetime:
11 And as since the time that I commanded judges to be over My people Yisrael, and have caused you to rest from all your enemies; YHWH also informs you that it is He that will make you an house.
12 And when your days be fulfilled, and you shall sleep with your fathers, I will set up your seed after you, which shall proceed out of your own bowels and I will establish his kingdom.
13 He shall build an house for My Name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever.
14 I will be his Father, and he shall be My Son; if he commit iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the sons of men:
15 But My mercy shall not depart away from him, as I took it from Shaul, whom I put away before you.
16 And your house and your kingdom shall be established forever before you: your throne shall be established forever.

:sheep:

CherubRam

The key word is FORM of.
Fits my created god thoughts quite well.

Hebrews 10:5 the verse is also repeated. “Therefore, when Christ came into the world, he said: "Sacrifice and offering you did not desire, but a body you prepared for me;”…

N.I.V. foot note for Psalms 40:6 reads: “Hebrew; Septuagint: but a body you have prepared for me.

oatmeal

Deuteronomy 18:18

I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

Acts 3:22

For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.

John 12:49

For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.

John 12:50

And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

CherubRam

I said
God was in Christ.

Spirit is the nature of a person, place, or thing. All people have a spirit.

keypurr

Hebrews 10:5 the verse is also repeated. “Therefore, when Christ came into the world, he said: "Sacrifice and offering you did not desire, but a body you prepared for me;”…

N.I.V. foot note for Psalms 40:6 reads: “Hebrew; Septuagint: but a body you have prepared for me.

Amen, folks overlook that fact that a body was needed and provided for the logos to dwell in. The dove brought that spirit to the body of Jesus. That spirit spoke and acted through that body. That spirit is the express image of the creator. It came with the fullness of the Father yet it is not the Father.