Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters

genuineoriginal

I think it is you who needs to bear witness to the record. Was it not you who said that knowing the nature of God is not necessary for salvation?
Here is the record:

Mark 1:1
1 The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;​

What I said is this:
Jesus said nothing about having to have a "proper" interpretation of the nature of God in order to be saved.

If you think the Bible states that you must know the nature of God in order to be saved, please post the verses so I can be corrected.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What I said is this:
Jesus said nothing about having to have a "proper" interpretation of the nature of God in order to be saved.

If you think the Bible states that you must know the nature of God in order to be saved, please post the verses so I can be corrected.
Romans 10:9-10 New King James Version (NKJV)

9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

If you believe that He is Lord, who do you believe that He is?

genuineoriginal

Romans 10:9-10 New King James Version (NKJV)

9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

If you believe that He is Lord, who do you believe that He is?
A Lord is a person that a servant belongs to and obeys.

Luke 6:46
46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?​

Here is the definition from Thayer's Greek Lexicon:
κύριος kyrios
I.he to whom a person or thing belongs, about which he has power of deciding; master, lord

When you are confessing the Lord Jesus, you are proclaiming that you are owned by Jesus and obey His commands.

achduke

Trinity believers don't understand simple explanation of Jesus' identity.

It just escapes them.

Let us start with Isaiah.

Isaiah 42:1 "Behold! My Servant whom I uphold, My Elect One in whom My soul delights! I have put My Spirit upon Him; He will bring forth justice to the Gentiles.

Isaiah 42:6 "I, the LORD, have called You in righteousness, and will hold Your hand; I will keep You and give You as a covenant to the people, as a light to the Gentiles,

Isaiah 42:21 The LORD is well pleased for His righteousness' sake; He will magnify the law and make it honorable.

StanJ

I don't see the rationale to exercise such a thing. God wants us to expose the word of God and to convict them using his word doubtlessly. I agree with that. Looking at how lengthy these threads are I think the argument has been sufficiently constructed for the defense of Jesus being God. You can keep telling them but repetition does very little when in response they use the opportunity to defend their position even if their thought process is skewed. I feel the way people go about it is wrong. You need to strike at their thought patterns and that would need people to dissect their arguments in a way they can understand even if they don't agree.
*I am making an assumption that they have been at this awhile

You are observant and correct. I can only speak for myself, but I think most of the regulars here continue so as to NOT allow false teaching. TOL has already warned no more anti Trinity threads so hopefully sooner rather than later they will go somewhere else.

achduke

You are observant and correct. I can only speak for myself, but I think most of the regulars here continue so as to NOT allow false teaching. TOL has already warned no more anti Trinity threads so hopefully sooner rather than later they will go somewhere else.

How will anyone learn the truth then? What a dull place where everyone agrees unless it is our Lord we are agreeing to. The new covenant is not in complete fullness yet. The holy spirit will guide us in unity. I may not completely agree with everyone but I do learn from each person.

As of now the scripture in Jeremiah 31 has not come completely true as of yet for we are each still teaching each other.

Jer 31:34 "No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,' for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them," says the LORD. "For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more."

StanJ

How will anyone learn the truth then? What a dull place where everyone agrees unless it is our Lord we are agreeing to. The new covenant is not in complete fullness yet. The holy spirit will guide us in unity. I may not completely agree with everyone but I do learn from each person.
As of now the scripture in Jeremiah 31 has not come completely true as of yet for we are each still teaching each other.
Jer 31:34 "No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,' for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them," says the LORD. "For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more."

If one KNOWS what truth is, they learn it. If one doesn't, then they learn something false. If you learn the truth and then walk away into Apostasy, it is impossible to renew yourself and usually to be renewed by ANYTHING else. It is our responsibility though to ensure others are not sucked into false teachings.