Jesus is God !

Leatherneck

Temp Banned
This spirit we are told in Phil 2 is a FORM of God. God created this son and was pleased that it/he contained his fullness. He was given the power of his creator yet isn't God, but a God. God created everything through this son.
Guess you have never read John 8:58 where Jesus said before Abraham was He was. Amazing that you only see what you want to see and not what is right in front of you.

keypurr

Guess you have never read John 8:58 where Jesus said before Abraham was He was. Amazing that you only see what you want to see and not what is right in front of you.
For the record I have studied scripture for over seventy years so I have seen lot of verses and more than that I understand them.

keypurr

In Acts 10:38 what POWER did Jesus receive when he was anointed?
In Heb 10:5 who needed a body to dwell in?
Think

keypurr

John 3:34 NLT
For he is sent by God. He speaks God’s words, for God gives him the Spirit without limit.

No one. Jesus was human. Hence he had a body. All humans have bodies.
If he was God why did he need to receive the Holy Spirit and Power?

Yes, Jesus was human but he is not the one who needed a body prepared for him.

Ask yourself if God is a spirit. If you think that then who is his express image in Heb 1:3? Certainly not a man. Think friend

Hilltrot

If he was God why did he need to receive the Holy Spirit and Power?
Jesus isn't God.
Yes, Jesus was human but he is not the one who needed a body prepared for him.
You're having difficulty with the King James. Do you have a 20-21 volume exhaustive Oxford Dictionary available? Beware false friends from 16th century English.

Hebrews 10:5 NLT
That is why, when Christ came into the world, he said to God,

“You did not want animal sacrifices or sin offerings.
But you have given me a body to offer.
Ask yourself if God is a spirit. If you think that then who is his express image in Heb 1:3? Certainly not a man. Think friend
Genesis 1:27 NLT
So God created human beings in his own image.
In the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.

Bible doesn't have a problem with it.

Leatherneck

Temp Banned
Jesus isn't God.

You're having difficulty with the King James. Do you have a 20-21 volume exhaustive Oxford Dictionary available? Beware false friends from 16th century English.

You found a translation that agrees with your error nothing new here.

keypurr

Jesus isn't God.

Jesus isn't God.

Again, it was not Jesus that needed a body provided for it/him.

Man was made in the image of God in what way?

Only one was made in the express image of God. And God is a spirit.

In Col 1 we are told that this spirit was given the fullness of his Father

It goes deeper Hilltrot. What did the dove bring to Jesus when he was anointed? Acts 10:38, the power of the spirit, the true son was sent to Jesus to speak through him. Jesus was born to Mary, he did not come down from above.

Hilltrot

You found a translation that agrees with your error nothing new here.
And your evidence that the translation is wrong is , you hate me?
Good then you can compare John 8:58 with John 20:28 and understand that Jesus is God.
John 8:58 only proves your belief in your imagination. The blind man in the following chapter declares I AM.

As for John 20:28, there are a few simple explanations but I'll go with John 10:34 and John 20:31.

Leatherneck

Temp Banned

John 8:58 only proves your belief in your imagination. The blind man in the following chapter declares I AM.

As for John 20:28, there are a few simple explanations but I'll go with John 10:34 and John 20:31.
Actually I feel sorry for you not hate. Someone saying I am healed is not hardly the same as Jesus saying before Abraham was I AM. Do you even have a clue what Jesus was saying when He said I AM ?

Leatherneck

Temp Banned

The simple explanations are that you ignore the text and live a pre-text. Your loss not mine.

keypurr

My bedtime folks please pray the world as it needs all the prayers it can get. God bless, stay safe.

Hilltrot

Again, it was not Jesus that needed a body provided for it/him.

Man was made in the image of God in what way?

Only one was made in the express image of God. And God is a spirit.

In Col 1 we are told that this spirit was given the fullness of his Father

It goes deeper Hilltrot. What did the dove bring to Jesus when he was anointed? Acts 10:38, the power of the spirit, the true son was sent to Jesus to speak through him. Jesus was born to Mary, he did not come down from above.
God's spirit is not the the Son. There is no scripture to support this. I don't deny you can try to eisegesis it in, but that doesn't mean the Bible support it.

In Colossians 1:19, God's spirit filled Jesus - all of God was not contained in Jesus.

Hilltrot

Actually I feel sorry for you not hate. Someone saying I am healed is not hardly the same as Jesus saying before Abraham was I AM. Do you even have a clue what Jesus was saying when He said I AM ?
Actually he was just saying I AM.

Jesus was likely saying I am the Messiah as he did when he used the same words in John 4:26

Jesus is not referring to the burning bush and there is no indication that he is. If he saying he was God, he would say before creation - not before Abraham.
The simple explanations are that you ignore the text and live a pre-text. Your loss not mine.
Nope. You are ignoring the simplest explanations and forcing an Imperial Roman belief onto the Bible.

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
"I am the light of the world" "If you don't trust that I am, you will die in your sins" "Before Abraham came it, I am" <---- the light of the world

Last edited: