Jesus Fulfills the Law and the Commandments and then abolishes it, FOR US.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
If you are under the law you are under condemnation. If Jesus did not fulfill the law for you, you are as lost as John W..

Keeping the Mosaic law has never saved anyone. Salvation is by grace through faith.

Had Jesus not kept the law he would have died for his sin. However, Jesus was not worthy of death and the Father raised him from death to help us.

Epoisses

Keeping the Mosaic law has never saved anyone. Salvation is by grace through faith.

Had Jesus not kept the law he would have died for his sin. However, Jesus was not worthy of death and the Father raised him from death to help us.

Jesus broke the Mosaic law many times. Saying you're the son of God is a violation even if it's true. Jesus told people over and over to believe in him which was relegating the Mosaic law to the trash can.

Patrick Cronin

Mostly in the Bible "the Law" refers not only to the Ten Commandments but to the entire set of prescriptions that governed Jewish life in particular circumcision.These were superseded in the New Law.
As for the Ten commandments, Jesus did not cancel the commandments of the Law, but added "If you wish to be perfect sell all you have..and you will have treasure in heaven....."(Mark 10:17-22) Also he asked the lawyer
"What is written in your law?" and when he said it was to love God and your neighbour: Jesus said: "You have answered rightly, DO THIS AND LIFE IS YOURS".(Luke 10 25-28) Jesus also spoke of His own laws and commandments: "If you keep my commandments, you will remain in my love" and again "This is my COMMANDMENT, love one another as I have loved you".(John 15:10-12) and "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil".(Matthew 5:17) and: "I have NOT come to abolish the law and the prophets but to fulfil them".
It is not correct to say that 'There are no rules, laws or religion for the Christian'. Christians are not free from the duty of obeying the Ten Commandments of the Old Testament, in fact we are subject to the much more demanding and comprehensive law of LOVE. God still requires us to imitate Christ in His absolute OBEDIENCE to the will of His Father. Patrick Cronin

Robert Pate

Banned
Mostly in the Bible "the Law" refers not only to the Ten Commandments but to the entire set of prescriptions that governed Jewish life in particular circumcision.These were superseded in the New Law.
As for the Ten commandments, Jesus did not cancel the commandments of the Law, but added "If you wish to be perfect sell all you have..and you will have treasure in heaven....."(Mark 10:17-22) Also he asked the lawyer
"What is written in your law?" and when he said it was to love God and your neighbour: Jesus said: "You have answered rightly, DO THIS AND LIFE IS YOURS".(Luke 10 25-28) Jesus also spoke of His own laws and commandments: "If you keep my commandments, you will remain in my love" and again "This is my COMMANDMENT, love one another as I have loved you".(John 15:10-12) and "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil".(Matthew 5:17) and: "I have NOT come to abolish the law and the prophets but to fulfil them".
It is not correct to say that 'There are no rules, laws or religion for the Christian'. Christians are not free from the duty of obeying the Ten Commandments of the Old Testament, in fact we are subject to the much more demanding and comprehensive law of LOVE. God still requires us to imitate Christ in His absolute OBEDIENCE to the will of His Father. Patrick Cronin

You are wrong and are most likely not a Christian, even though you think that you are.

you cannot imitate Christ because you are a sinner. After Jesus fulfilled the law he abolished it, Ephesians 2:15, Colossians 2:14, 2 Corinthians 3:13, Hebrews 8:7.

To be under or subject to the law is to be under condemnation.

clefty

Jesus broke the Mosaic law many times. Saying you're the son of God is a violation even if it's true.
yay...you side with the Pharisees...

Jesus told people over and over to believe in him which was relegating the Mosaic law to the trash can.

lol...oh my...

Now following Him and doing as He did as He asked us to do...is not fulfilling the law...or doing His Father's will...

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
You are wrong and are most likely not a Christian, even though you think that you are.

you cannot imitate Christ because you are a sinner. After Jesus fulfilled the law he abolished it, Ephesians 2:15, Colossians 2:14, 2 Corinthians 3:13, Hebrews 8:7.

To be under or subject to the law is to be under condemnation.

What does the law have to do with salvation?

Paul claimed salvation is not of the law.

Epoisses

yay...you side with the Pharisees...

lol...oh my...

Now following Him and doing as He did as He asked us to do...is not fulfilling the law...or doing His Father's will...

Are you SDA or Messianic or Hebrew roots? Don't be shy, I won't judge your ignorance.

Robert Pate

Banned
What does the law have to do with salvation?

Paul claimed salvation is not of the law.

Where there is law there is sin and condemnation.

This why Paul said to the Galatians, "Tell me that you desire to be under the law, do you not hear the law?" Galatians 4:21. To be under the law, which is religion, is to be under a curse, Galatians 3:10.