Jessica Simpson's Outrageous Comment

Army of One

Shimei said:
No! That is Mr. Smith goes to Washington! Mel Gibson remade it. Homer helped. Remember?
[Comic Book Guy voice]"Best Film Ending, Ever!"[/Comic Book Guy voice]

"All in agreement, say 'die' "

"Why was Mr. Smith killing everybody?" :rotfl:

allsmiles

Shimei said:
Now you can suddenly answer direct questions?

About owning a slave, how can you say anything? Did you own one? I thought you would say that you were not qualified to answer.

Opinion dude, it's just my opinion. I played along with your last question when i was done toying with you, don't act so confused, people will catch on and take advantage of you;)

Here is another question:
Is it absolutely wrong for a man to violently rape a woman?
Please answer without using the word 'opinion'.

In my opinion yes, it is wrong to violently rape a woman.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
allsmiles said:
Opinion dude, it's just my opinion. I played along with your last question when i was done toying with you, don't act so confused, people will catch on and take advantage of you;)
Actually I think it was that I called you 'allsmells' and you started to cry so I apologized.

allsmiles said:
In my opinion yes, it is wrong to violently rape a woman.

Uhh...what did I say about the word opinion?

Before you were born and had an 'opinion', was it wrong for a man to gently rape a woman?

Please don't 'toy' with me again.... :eek:

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Granite said:
And "gentle" rape...?:rolleyes:

I mean, JEEZ, people.
I think Shimei was trying (in vain) to make the right answer really obvious to allsmiles. And I also think you already knew that.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Getting sucked into another pointless discussion about absolutes will totally disrupt this thread. Maybe you guys should take it elsewhere...:think:

allsmiles

Turbo said:
I think Shimei was trying (in vain) to make the right answer really obvious to allsmiles. And I also think you already knew that.

i know what Shimei wants to hear, that doesn't necessarily make it the right answer.

yes, rape is wrong in my opinion. not everyone shares that opinion, the majority does thank the gods;), but there are plenty out there who don't. It's not a matter of absolute morality, it's a matter of majority thought and practicality.

survival and decency are not moral dilemmas, they require no absolutes.

I do not rape and pillage because i do not want to be raped or pillaged. it's not the constructive decent thing to do. if someone doesn't share this ideal with me than they better keep their distance, i'll kill to keep my loved ones safe from whackos, and i'm sure many here would agree. but the idea that there's an absolute measuring stick dictating rape to be morally wrong is laughable and archaic, absolutes are not necessary, trust in the integrity of our fellow humans is all we need. if they let us down we let them know it, that could either be a friend stabbing me in the back. i'll stab back, i have and it hurts:) if someone were to rape my sister, i'm not going to wait for the cops, it's that simple. i don't need absolutes. i trust myself.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
allsmiles said:
if someone were to rape my sister, i'm not going to wait for the cops, it's that simple. i don't need absolutes. i trust myself.

But by your logic it wouldn't be absolutely wrong for a person raped your sister so who are you to retaliate on something that wasn't necessarily a comletely wrong thing to do? Maybe, in their opinion they see nothing wrong with it.

GuySmiley

allsmiles said:
yes, rape is wrong in my opinion. not everyone shares that opinion, the majority does thank the gods;), but there are plenty out there who don't. It's not a matter of absolute morality, it's a matter of majority thought and practicality.
Wow, and I thought this thread got boring. I've heard of moral relativism but never met anyone who believes it, or would admit they do. For real? Is there nothing that you would say is absolutely wrong? Is there any scenario that you could come up with that is absolutely wrong?

What if a tribe of people took slaves from another tribe, then took the slave babies and after several days of torturing the babies, they fed them to lions? In your mind, thats only wrong to you, but not wrong to the tribe doing it?

GuySmiley

Poly said:
But by your logic it wouldn't be absolutely wrong for a person raped your sister so who are you to retaliate on something that wasn't necessarily a comletely wrong thing to do? Maybe, in their opinion they see nothing wrong with it.
I suppose in allsmiles society, either everyone should retaliate for anything they individually think is wrong, or no one should retaliate for anything. Every time you feel wronged by someone else, remember, the other person doesn't think its wrong. Who are you to judge? I guess thats how it would work.

erinmarie

If it's not absolute that rape is wrong, in what possible instance could it be considered right? :think: Hmm Surprise, surprise! I can't think of any!

Granite

Hall of Fame
Rimi, grow up. "Harm" and "self defense" are not the same thing. Prevention of harm entails self defense.