James 1:1 refutes MAD

drbrumley

James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting. James 1:1

And that target audience would have been believing Jews from the twelve tribes seeing the unbelieving Jews from the twelve tribes would not have got past the name - LORD JESUS CHRIST!!

That's about right, is there something you want me to argue about?

Epoisses

But here's the deal, unless your implying the 12 tribes of Israel are not the 12 tribes of Israel.

I agree that a devout jew more than likely could not get past the Lord Jesus Christ, therefore rejecting James' letter out of hand.

That is the whole point I was trying to make 72 pages ago. That wasn't so hard.

Right Divider

Body part
Exactly....James was written early wasn't it?
One of the earliest books of the so-called new testament part of the Bible.

But that really does not matter. James' doctrine is clearly in line with prophecy and conflicts with the mystery doctrine contained in Paul's epistles. This has been clear for centuries, but instead of believing it... people try to "make" it compatible with all kinds of hand waving and silliness.

popsthebuilder

One of the earliest books of the so-called new testament part of the Bible.

But that really does not matter. James' doctrine is clearly in line with prophecy and conflicts with the mystery doctrine contained in Paul's epistles. This has been clear for centuries, but instead of believing it... people try to "make" it compatible with all kinds of hand waving and silliness.
Mystery doctrine?

Please explain what you mean and the conflict you see scripturally.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Right Divider

Body part
Mystery doctrine?

Please explain what you mean and the conflict you see scripturally.
Are you completely unaware of both of these?

Rom 16:25-26 (AKJV/PCE)
(16:25) Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, (16:26) But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

This mystery was kept secret since the world began, BUT NOW is made manifest.

James knows nothing about this mystery and is writing purely from the perspective of the doctrines that were given to Israel through the fathers and the prophets.

The same goes for Peter:

Acts 3:21 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:21) Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

James knows nothing of a salvation by grace through faith without works, like Paul speaks about.

popsthebuilder

Are you completely unaware of both of these?

Rom 16:25-26 (AKJV/PCE)
(16:25) Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, (16:26) But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

This mystery was kept secret since the world began, BUT NOW is made manifest.

James knows nothing about this mystery and is writing purely from the perspective of the doctrines that were given to Israel through the fathers and the prophets.

The same goes for Peter:

Acts 3:21 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:21) Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

James knows nothing of a salvation by grace through faith without works, like Paul speaks about.
Wow....the mystery is that Christ lives within the believer....they were all quite aware of such.

popsthebuilder

No, they weren't.

Where in the Old Testament does it say that Christ lives in the believer? (Hint: it doesn't)
They learned it from the Source silly.

Not to mention the Spirit of GOD is spoken of all through the OT; and how it works within those faithful to GOD.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
They learned it from the Source silly.

Not to mention the Spirit of GOD is spoken of all through the OT; and how it works within those faithful to GOD.

Pops:

QUOTE=JudgeRightly;5214636

Where in the Old Testament does it say that Christ lives in the believer? (Hint: it doesn't)

Book(s), Chapter(s), Verse(s).

popsthebuilder

Pops:

QUOTE=JudgeRightly;5214636

Book(s), Chapter(s), Verse(s).
So you deny these individuals learned the truth from Jesus?

It doesn't use the word Christ. It uses the phrase "spirit of the Lord" generally, or the holy spirit of GOD, or Angel of the Lord....

Why are you acting as if the OT doesn't point to Christ, or even the Spirit of GOD?

Perhaps you should study up on the oil for the lamp; the anointing oil....and what they reference within context.

peace

john w

Hall of Fame
I just bought a Lincoln MKZ 2017 Reserve and paid cash for it. The only reason I got it was because the factory rims were amazing. I basically just bought for the rims so I can make all the brothers jealous down in the ATL where I be wheelin' and dealin' and dodgin' bullets from thugs....yeaaa....wannabe be white gansta' with the gold grillz to prove it.......stock trader! lolz

8 years salary, for a depreciable asset?

Ellie Mae you: Imafixinta buy me a brand new setta wheels!!!

The great TOL legend, saint John W the stock trader: I am buying the company, that makes those wheels.

Contrasts.

Does Walmart have a good car insurance plan? You probably get a discount, on those dice you will be hanging from your windshield mirror?