It is totally illogical to be "pro-choice" in a civilized society

republicanchick

My view has to do with sex offenders and murderers escaping prison, getting paroled, etc. ... at which time they would be able to kill again.

Here's an example of what I am speaking of:

http://www.wesleylowe.com/repoff.html

that is a LONG list... have read through some of it

this may not be very scientific but I think some people just get possessed... and do not want an exorcism..

so why should we put "good" people (there is none good but God but just the same... some try to be good)... Why should we endanger the good for the sake of compassion for the AWFUL?

that is why I belive in capital punishmetn. A lot of people think the RC Church is against capital punishment but it is not..

___

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
that is a LONG list... have read through some of it

this may not be very scientific but I think some people just get possessed... and do not want an exorcism..

so why should we put "good" people (there is none good but God but just the same... some try to be good)... Why should we endanger the good for the sake of compassion for the AWFUL?

that is why I belive in capital punishmetn. A lot of people think the RC Church is against capital punishment but it is not..

We put down rabid dogs (who actually have an excuse) for the sole purpose of protecting society.

republicanchick

We put down rabid dogs (who actually have an excuse) for the sole purpose of protecting society.

yeh, I hear ya...

some priests are into fighting the death penalty. Well, if the person they defend is not guilty, that's great. If he is (Ted Bundy)

I say

Who cares if the so and so suffers while we are putting him to death?

sorry, but that is how I feel... Maybe that is not very Christian... but... for one thing, I doubt any of those death row people suffer terribly much when things go wrong in the execution room

certainly not anything like their victim(s) suffered

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
yeh, I hear ya...

some priests are into fighting the death penalty. Well, if the person they defend is not guilty, that's great. If he is (Ted Bundy)

I say

Who cares if the so and so suffers while we are putting him to death?

sorry, but that is how I feel... Maybe that is not very Christian... but... for one thing, I doubt any of those death row people suffer terribly much when things go wrong in the execution room

certainly not anything like their victim(s) suffered

Their deaths are normally more merciful than that of their victims.

republicanchick

Their deaths are normally more merciful than that of their victims.

well, I don't have a HUGE problem with that... don't have a problem with being bigger than they are... If we can kill them painlessly, I say OK, fine. But if something goes wrong

boo hoo

time to move on...

yeh, I know.. I am probably not exactly speaking for the Church here..

:angel:

confession time?

+

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I agree w/ everything except for the death penalty for rapists and child molesters...
Rapists and child molesters destroy more lives than murderers. Most child molesters, for example, were molested as children. It is a viscous cycle that creates more and more child molesters! The cycle has to be broken. Prison isn't the answer. The get out and they do molest again!

Last edited:

genuineoriginal

If you a pro-life how can you support the death penalty?
Like this:

Exodus 23:7
7 Keep thee far from a false matter; and the innocent and righteous slay thou not: for I will not justify the wicked.​

Numbers 35:31
31 Moreover ye shall take no satisfaction for the life of a murderer, which is guilty of death: but he shall be surely put to death.​

keypurr

so blood, heartbeats, lungs, brain, etc etc, means nothing until birth ? babies 'feel" and 'know' things in the womb. a human is not "a egg, a sperm cell". the egg is fertilized (conception), life begins. i should mention, as i forget, i have had no part in an abortion, maybe folks that have, even remotely, feel bad, and need to state a different view to "show" innocence or legality. maybe not. but i'm done talking about abortion - :patrol:

If a computer has no juice is it any good? It needs all the components of personhood to work right. Mankind is more than flesh. The point is when is a human a person? When does God give it a soul?

I do not think can make a judgement on this until we define personhood.

keypurr

Your emotional plea does not change the simple fact: either the unborn are worthy of protection or they are not.

IF they are unwanted, intruders that attack the mother's body, then your logic would see them as tumors ... that all need removed. THAT is where your attempt to dehumanize the unborn leads.

BTW, I know that you understand that most pregnancies are not produced via rape. IF your case was so strong, you wouldn't have resorted to *that* argument.

Simply put: A rape has occurred. The perpetrators are the THREE MEN. Not the innocent child. You are willing to punish a child for the wrong doings of his/her father.

The trauma of rape and all of the emotions that go with it will not suddenly disappear by ending the life of the child.

Why would that be anyone decision except the person involved?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why would that be anyone decision except the person involved?

Because it's about protecting unborn babies from death ...

You don't believe the innocent and vulnerable should be protected?

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Until birth, it is only a human in process. It becomes a living soul at birth.

How do you define a human? a egg, a sperm cell?

When an egg and sperm join they become a unique new living creature. From a biological standpoint this is undeniable.

republicanchick

Rapists and child molesters destroy more lives than murderers. Most child molesters, for example, were molested as children. It is a viscous cycle that creates more and more child molesters! The cycle has to be broken. Prison isn't the answer. The get out and they do molest again!

how about ankle bracelets for life?

I will never condone the dp for child molesters or rapists... only for murderers... and then only b/c we cannot seem to keep them from escaping prison..

we could but we don't for some reason

+++

genuineoriginal

how about ankle bracelets for life?
How would ankle bracelets rid society of evil?
I will never condone the dp for child molesters or rapists... only for murderers...
God said that rapists (including child molesters) were to be put to death to rid society of evil.

Do you think God had a momentary lapse of sanity when He said that, or do you think God had a good reason for saying rapists were to be put to death?

As for me, I believe God had very good reasons for each and every command that He gave His Chosen People in the Torah. Through study, we may come up with a number of reasons for why each command was a good one, even if we can't fully understand why God would have given the command in the first place.

republicanchick

How would ankle bracelets rid society of evil?

God said that rapists (including child molesters) were to be put to death to rid society of evil.

I have read the entire Bible... had it read to me over and over @ daily/Sunday Mass as well

you are misled... There is nothing there that says child molesters should be stoned or put to death

If I perchance missed this part of the Bible, please show me chapter and verse

___

genuineoriginal

I have read the entire Bible... had it read to me over and over @ daily/Sunday Mass as well

you are misled... There is nothing there that says child molesters should be stoned or put to death

If I perchance missed this part of the Bible, please show me chapter and verse

___

You misread what I posted.
I stated that child molesters are rapists and are to receive the same punishment.

If you think child molesters are not rapists, please provide your reasons for thinking that way.