It is totally illogical to be "pro-choice" in a civilized society

Lon

Therein is my argument. The woman's well-being has to be paramount especially if there is a mental health issue or pregnancy because of rape or incest. This, along with the assertion that the foetus is a potential human, has had me called a 'babykiller' on this site.
:Grizzly::baby: :execute::eek:linger:

Don't the actions fit the name???

Foetus Eliminator?

Zygote Zapper?

Life Exterminator?

Potential Destroyer?

God's Knitting Project disruptor?

"Unwanteds" removal patron

"mental turmoil" surgeon

healthy adversary

Correct terms, yes? And necessarily interrupting, separating, stopping.

They are negative, I'll try positive:

Conveniences supporter

Selfish enabler

Reality distractor

Death Advocate

Heinous Solution Advisor

Whim Defender

Unethical choice abettor

It is wrong to kill puppies without souls, but okay to kill a fetus, with or without one - paraclete

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
I'm not using this example to support abortion in any way. I'm just using it to question the life only comes from life argument that republicanchick used. Just invalidating her argument.

:eek: Oh good...You have restored a small and insignificant amount of my nearly non-existent faith in humanity.

Thank you. :e4e:

Yes, seeds are alive...At least until they run out of whatever nutrients they have stored in them and die.

:AMR: Didn't they teach you this stuff in eighth grade?

So, anyway, that bag of sunflower seeds? Essentially, a sack of stillborn plants. :plain:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:Grizzly::baby: :execute::eek:linger:

Don't the actions fit the name???

Foetus Eliminator?

Zygote Zapper?

Life Exterminator?

Potential Destroyer?

God's Knitting Project disruptor?

"Unwanteds" removal patron

"mental turmoil" surgeon

healthy adversary

Correct terms, yes? And necessarily interrupting, separating, stopping.

They are negative, I'll try positive:

Conveniences supporter

Selfish enabler

Reality distractor

Death Advocate

Heinous Solution Advisor

Whim Defender

Unethical choice abettor

It is wrong to kill puppies without souls, but okay to kill a fetus, with or without one - paraclete

:first:

So much more accurate than pro-*choice* ...

Kdall

BANNED
Banned
Which is why there are Rape Crisis Centers and the option of adoption ...

Your 16 year old daughter is brutally gang-raped by three men. She is in psychological shambles and like most rape victims, doesn't want her rape advertised to the world. Then she is found pregnant soon after.

You would make her go through all of the embarrassment, shame, and likely ridicule from other high school students? You can't hide being pregnant forever. The poor girl did not choose, as many women do, to have casual sex and neglect contraceptives. She was raped.

Kdall

BANNED
Banned
:first:

So much more accurate than pro-*choice* ...

Conception occurs at 8 weeks. Prior to this the fetus is not alive. It can possibly feel physiological "pain" by way of stress at 10 weeks, though it's widely claimed that fetal pain is not present until the third trimester.

Abortion prior to 8 weeks is not killing anything. After that point a life, whether considered human or not, is taken

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Conception occurs at 8 weeks. Prior to this the fetus is not alive. It can possibly feel physiological "pain" by way of stress at 10 weeks, though it's widely claimed that fetal pain is not present until the third trimester.

Abortion prior to 8 weeks is not killing anything. After that point a life, whether considered human or not, is taken

Oh...Then you would be okay with a law outlawing abortion after 8-weeks? :plain:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Your 16 year old daughter is brutally gang-raped by three men

Your emotional plea does not change the simple fact: either the unborn are worthy of protection or they are not.

IF they are unwanted, intruders that attack the mother's body, then your logic would see them as tumors ... that all need removed. THAT is where your attempt to dehumanize the unborn leads.

BTW, I know that you understand that most pregnancies are not produced via rape. IF your case was so strong, you wouldn't have resorted to *that* argument.

Simply put: A rape has occurred. The perpetrators are the THREE MEN. Not the innocent child. You are willing to punish a child for the wrong doings of his/her father.

The trauma of rape and all of the emotions that go with it will not suddenly disappear by ending the life of the child.

Kdall

BANNED
Banned
Oh...Then you would be okay with a law outlawing abortion after 8-weeks? :plain:

Yes, except in cases of rape or when the mother's life is endangered would later be allowed. And 90+% of abortions occur in the first 12 weeks anyway.

Kdall

BANNED
Banned
Your emotional plea does not change the simple fact: either the unborn are worthy of protection or they are not.

IF they are unwanted, intruders that attack the mother's body, then your logic would see them as tumors ... that all need removed. THAT is where your attempt to dehumanize the unborn leads.

BTW, I know that you understand that most pregnancies are not produced via rape. IF your case was so strong, you wouldn't have resorted to *that* argument.

Simply put: A rape has occurred. The perpetrators are the THREE MEN. Not the innocent child. You are willing to punish a child for the wrong doings of his/her father.

The trauma of rape and all of the emotions that go with it will not suddenly disappear by ending the life of the child.

Why don't you read a couple of my posts instead of accusing me of things I don't support. I'm against abortion post-conception, except when the mother's life is endangered or rape is the cause.

The rapists would be in prison. What else do you want to do to them?

The irony is that you want to punish the rape victim by forcing her to birth a child that she is not responsible for creating. How is THAT fair?

republicanchick

that's a total lie

and even if the fetus couldn't feel pain, that is no reason to end the life of an innocent created-inGod's image human being

__

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why don't you read a couple of my posts instead of accusing me of things I don't support. I'm against abortion post-conception, except when the mother's life is endangered

Why would you assume that the unborn baby needs to die rather than trying to save BOTH lives?

or rape is the cause.

So children of rape are worthless and deserve to die ... ? By making that exception, THAT is exactly what you are stating.

The rapists would be in prison. What else do you want to do to them?

Change the laws to make rape a DP offense. Dead rapists never re-offend.

The irony is that you want to punish the rape victim

Innocent children are evil? THAT's a new one.

by forcing her to birth a child that she is not responsible for creating. How is THAT fair?

It's temporary. Pregnancy. Is temporary. Adoption is an option. Two life goes on.

Instead, you would rather punish the INNOCENT BABY by encouraging the mother to see her child as punishment.

republicanchick

Why would you assume that the unborn baby needs to die rather than trying to save BOTH lives?

So children of rape are worthless and deserve to die ... ? By making that exception, THAT is exactly what you are stating.

It's temporary. Pregnancy. Is temporary. Adoption is an option. Two life goes on.

Instead, you would rather punish the INNOCENT BABY by encouraging the mother to see her child as punishment.

wow.. never realized you were THAT pro life..

of course that isn't the best way to say it.. it seems someone is pro life or not.. and believing that SOME should be aborted (rape,incest victims) is not pro life.. (as you indicate)

__

Kdall

BANNED
Banned

You just said a child is a temporary thing. I'm done talking to crazy people

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
wow.. never realized you were THAT pro life..

of course that isn't the best way to say it.. it seems someone is pro life or not.. and believing that SOME should be aborted (rape,incest victims) is not pro life.. (as you indicate)

__

I am pro-death penalty and anti-abortion because I believe that innocent should be protected.

Murders, rapists, and child molesters should die via the death penalty.

Innocent children (including the unborn) should be protected. It's just sad that the very person who should be their fiercest protector (their mom) may end up being their executioner.

As a woman and mother, this greatly offends me.

republicanchick

I am pro-death penalty and anti-abortion because I believe that innocent should be protected.

Murders, rapists, and child molesters should die via the death penalty.

Innocent children (including the unborn) should be protected. It's just sad that the very person who should be their fiercest protector (their mom) may end up being their executioner.

As a woman and mother, this greatly offends me.

I agree w/ everything except for the death penalty for rapists and child molesters

it should only be done against murderers... although I do see the reality that rape and child molestation is a form of "death" for the victim...

Even so...

if a rapist knows he will get the death penalty for raping someone, he will not only rape her but kill her to destroy evidence

But that is not the main reason I am against that...

I am even against the dp for killers, if there is another way we can keep society safe other than the dp... However, it doesn't look like we have perfected that kind of law enforcement... yet

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I agree w/ everything except for the death penalty for rapists and child molesters

it should only be done against murderers... although I do see the reality that rape and child molestation is a form of "death" for the victim...

Even so...

if a rapist knows he will get the death penalty for raping someone, he will not only rape her but kill her to destroy evidence

But that is not the main reason I am against that...

I am even against the dp for killers, if there is another way we can keep society safe other than the dp... However, it doesn't look like we have perfected that kind of law enforcement... yet

My view has to do with sex offenders and murderers escaping prison, getting paroled, etc. ... at which time they would be able to kill again.

Here's an example of what I am speaking of:

http://www.wesleylowe.com/repoff.html