It is time to make human and chimp hybrids

iouae

A biologist suggests it is time...and, it is ethical to create humanzee's. http://m.nautil.us/issue/58/self/its-time-to-make-human_chimp-hybrids

How and why can any intelligent person think this is ethical? What would drive a person to suggest something so immoral? I think what drives this, is a desire to dehumanize beings made in the image of our Creator.

The OT has some curious laws banning the mixing of things, like...

Deu 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of divers sorts, as of woollen and linen together.

Deu 22:9
Thou shalt not sow thy vineyard with divers seeds: lest the fruit of thy seed which thou hast sown, and the fruit of thy vineyard, be defiled.

And there are many laws against eating "unclean" animals, like pig and chimpanzee.

Could it be that God does not want man and genetically close animals to mingle too closely because it is dangerous to have this happen? For one thing, if one say crossed man and chimp, all the diseases in chimps may be introduced into the human population, and our immune systems are utterly unable to cope with chimp germs.

Were some of these "unclean" animal laws found in Lev 11 and Deut 14, perhaps more targeted at modern people than the ancients? In many cultures humans have been eating pig with no serious ill effects (apparently??) but could it happen that when we start growing human organs inside of pigs (because of our close genetic makeup) that THIS could be the cause of end-time plagues such as the one mentioned in the 4th seal?

I personally am all for stem cell research if we can harvest the stem cells from adult humans (not foetuses) because I would love to see us able to grow a new pancreas and cure type 1 diabetes etc.

But to cross a human with a chimp, say it were possible, would be dangerous from the zoonoses point of view.

"Zoonoses are infectious diseases of animals (usually vertebrates) that can naturally be transmitted to humans. Major modern diseases such as Ebola virus disease and salmonellosis are zoonoses."

And, if they were to cross humans with anything (which I am opposed to) it would be better to cross humans with bonobos , since bonobos settle their differences by making love, rather than by making war as chimps do. Otherwise, bonobos and chimps look similar.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
They've already done it, they're just finally going public with it. The world has been conditioned and brainwashed to accept it. It's an abomination.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The OT has some curious laws banning the mixing of things, like...

Deu 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of divers sorts, as of woollen and linen together.

Deu 22:9
Thou shalt not sow thy vineyard with divers seeds: lest the fruit of thy seed which thou hast sown, and the fruit of thy vineyard, be defiled.

And there are many laws against eating "unclean" animals, like pig and chimpanzee.

Could it be that God does not want man and genetically close animals to mingle too closely because it is dangerous to have this happen? For one thing, if one say crossed man and chimp, all the diseases in chimps may be introduced into the human population, and our immune systems are utterly unable to cope with chimp germs.

Were some of these "unclean" animal laws found in Lev 11 and Deut 14, perhaps more targeted at modern people than the ancients? In many cultures humans have been eating pig with no serious ill effects (apparently??) but could it happen that when we start growing human organs inside of pigs (because of our close genetic makeup) that THIS could be the cause of end-time plagues such as the one mentioned in the 4th seal?

I personally am all for stem cell research if we can harvest the stem cells from adult humans (not foetuses) because I would love to see us able to grow a new pancreas and cure type 1 diabetes etc.

But to cross a human with a chimp, say it were possible, would be dangerous from the zoonoses point of view.

"Zoonoses are infectious diseases of animals (usually vertebrates) that can naturally be transmitted to humans. Major modern diseases such as Ebola virus disease and salmonellosis are zoonoses."

And, if they were to cross humans with anything (which I am opposed to) it would be better to cross humans with bonobos , since bonobos settle their differences by making love, rather than by making war as chimps do. Otherwise, bonobos and chimps look similar.
These are points that need consideration.
It could cause diseases that we are unequipped for and could cause mass destruction.

Greg Jennings

A biologist suggests it is time...and, it is ethical to create humanzee's. http://m.nautil.us/issue/58/self/its-time-to-make-human_chimp-hybrids

How and why can any intelligent person think this is ethical? What would drive a person to suggest something so immoral? I think what drives this, is a desire to dehumanize beings made in the image of our Creator.

I don't really see the point in doing that. But I can tell you it sure as heck isn't that scientist trying to discredit YOUR version of Christianity.

Also, human chimeras are extremely illegal last a few days old. I wouldn't worry too much here.

I will say that the author seems to put humans and animals on the same level. And you shouldn't do that. Even the most intelligent aren't "human" and therefore don't require equal rights

Yep, just got to the part where he hates hunting. He is an animal rights advocate above all I'd say. Only those people aren't willing to admit that controlled and regulated hunting is good for game animal populations

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber

This is a biologist that is kept so busy in the lab and teaching that he squeezed in 40 books.
Being controversial pays.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
This is a biologist that is kept so busy in the lab and teaching that he squeezed in 40 books.
Being controversial pays.
Ever see Planet of the Apes? How do you think they got started?
planet-of-the-apes-header-530x353.jpg

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
I think what drives this, is a desire to dehumanize beings made in the image of our Creator.

I am going to reword this line just a bit.
I think that what drives this, even without those who are involved knowing, is that Satan, who has always hated the idea that men can know they are specially created in the image of God, is mobilizing an effort to hide that image.
I say this from the theological perspective of Eph 2:2KJV where every child born is born into the household of slavery to sin and their father the devil. They do his bidding, most times without knowing it unless they are released from bondage by regeneration.

Stuu

I am going to reword this line just a bit.
I think that what drives this, even without those who are involved knowing, is that Satan, who has always hated the idea that men can know they are specially created in the image of God, is mobilizing an effort to hide that image.
I say this from the theological perspective of Eph 2:2KJV where every child born is born into the household of slavery to sin and their father the devil. They do his bidding, most times without knowing it unless they are released from bondage by regeneration.
That last bit sounds like a badly scripted episode of Doctor Who.

Stuart

iouae

There is interest in growing human tissue in animals to create organs which can be transplanted in humans, without rejection.

Here are other articles of interest
https://www.wired.com/2016/08/new-nih-rules-let-grow-pigoons-cant-breed-em/

http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20170104-the-birth-of-the-human-animal-chimeras

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/01/human-pig-hybrid-embryo-chimera-organs-health-science/

http://messybeast.com/genetics/hybrid-mammals.html

One last thing to consider...
On the thread "How can God resurrect us if we do not have an immortal soul" I make the case that there is NO spirit component in man, no immortal soul etc.

The thread discussed Ecc 3:19 which makes the point that there is NO DIFFERENCE in composition between man and animal.

Thus, if there ever was a cross between man and beast, I would not have to wonder if the chimera had an immortal soul or a spirit. In both man and beast, what you see is all you get. God can resurrect man or beast equally easily, from memory, and give either a spirit body if He so chose.

Last edited: