It appears that America is rapidly evolving into a Gestapo-like mentality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No, we are a nation of well-educated, hard-working people. The people you're describing are the ones who somehow manage to get elected to office.

:think:

Sooo ... let's get this straight. Those *well-educated, hard-working people* had no part in electing those people who are now in office?

DocJohnson

:think:

Sooo ... let's get this straight. Those *well-educated, hard-working people* had no part in electing those people who are now in office?

Apparently you've never heard of districting (gerrymandering) or any of the allegations of voter fraud (ACORN) that have been happening blatently for decades. Which party always seems to get elected predominantly?

I believe the average American doesn't really have a voice or a vote anymore. The special interests do.

WizardofOz

Apparently you've never heard of districting (gerrymandering) or any of the allegations of voter fraud (ACORN) that have been happening blatently for decades. Which party always seems to get elected predominantly?

I believe the average American doesn't really have a voice or a vote anymore. The special interests do.

Yeah! Gore totally won that election.........wait :noid:

bybee

Perhaps...

Perhaps...

Uh-huh. Well, it's nice to see someone with this kind of touching faith in their countrymen, but I think you're incredibly naive.

Perhaps that was one of the charms of Americans all along, we were naive, filled with hope and optimism, ready to share and work hard. Now, while we are.generally, well-educated, we have become strident, hard-hearted, grasping connivers. We don't take the time to process our knowledge into wisdom and we have little regard for Sages. It is this which enables a government to slowly erode the freedoms of a people. Let the government do it! has become the mantra of too many people in America!!! bybee

DocJohnson

Uh-huh. Well, it's nice to see someone with this kind of touching faith in their countrymen, but I think you're incredibly naive.

So, let me get this straight... you consider your generation to be more wise and far more educated than all the previous generations regarding acceptance of your sexual orientation while at the same time calling your generation a bunch of uneducated buffoons?

Quite a paradox.

I always find it interesting that cheaters think everyone else is a cheater.

Chronic liars think everyone else is a chronic liar.

Gamblers think everyone else is a gambler.

Alcoholics think everyone else is an alcoholic.

Ignorant buffoons think everyone else is an ignorant buffoon.

Granite

Hall of Fame
So, let me get this straight... you consider your generation to be more wise and far more educated than all the previous generations regarding acceptance of your sexual orientation while at the same time calling your generation a bunch of uneducated buffoons?

Quite a paradox.

No, I don't. You didn't understand me at all, and here I was being blunt and straightforward.

And for some reason, you come back to sex.:kookoo:

Why don't you go back and read what I actually said?

DocJohnson

Why don't you go back and read what I actually said?

Okay...

We're a nation of overweight, half-literate, ignorant buffoons.

You actually think by and large Americans are well educated?

Yes, I do... and they are.

So, tell me how I misunderstood your assertion that American's are ignorant buffoons?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Okay...

So, tell me how I misunderstood your assertion that American's are ignorant buffoons?

Because you made the following remark: "So, let me get this straight... you consider your generation to be more wise and far more educated than all the previous generations regarding acceptance of your sexual orientation while at the same time calling your generation a bunch of uneducated buffoons?"

That doesn't seem to apply to anything I said at all. You misunderstood me, I think, and jumped to a rather strange conclusion.

bybee

I opine

I opine

It takes a Machiavelli-like intellect and cleverness to pull the strings behind the scenes with an ever so pleasant smile on the face of the dissembler. The Reverend Wright, living in his million dollar plus mansion must have been speaking in tongues while Mr. Obama sat in his pew, for twenty years and heard nothing! All the while building his power base. And all the while being fed a litany of "Hate America". bybee

Gerald

Resident Fiend

Quite a paradox.

I'm surprised you didn't try to tar cynics with that broad brush.

Of course, cynics know that not everyone else is a cynic, and they use this knowledge to their advantage...

Status
Not open for further replies.