ECT Israel is not the BOC

DAN P

We (you and I) also know they were not always consistent in their application of the three-fold principle in those two passages, there, in Acts 17:11,12.

As for the yes and no; it depends.

In the end, THE Mystery (being THE Very CAPSTONE of Divine Revelation that it is) is meant to function sort of like a Schematic or Template through which one is able to see what goes where anywhere in Scripture.

In that sense, THE Mystery is a one size fits all.

Genesis thru Revelation viewed through the lens of Romans thru Philemon.

So, there is that.

But along with that are the things that differ between Prophecy and Mystery that said Schematic is meant to also allow the seeing of.

Ephesians 1:9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself: 1:10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

Ephesians 3:15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,

Rom. 5:8

Hi and then THE LAW OF MOSES is a " one fits all " AND the MYSTERY is also a " ONE FITS ALL " phrase also ?

Are we in agreement here ??

dan p

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Land ho!

Land ho!

Ezekiel 36 KJV
(24) For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.
(25) Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
(26) A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
(27) And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.
(28) And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.
(29) I will also save you from all your uncleannesses: and I will call for the corn, and will increase it, and lay no famine upon you.
(30) And I will multiply the fruit of the tree, and the increase of the field, that ye shall receive no more reproach of famine among the heathen.
(31) Then shall ye remember your own evil ways, and your doings that were not good, and shall lothe yourselves in your own sight for your iniquities and for your abominations.
(32) Not for your sakes do I this, saith the Lord GOD, be it known unto you: be ashamed and confounded for your own ways, O house of Israel.
(33) Thus saith the Lord GOD; In the day that I shall have cleansed you from all your iniquities I will also cause you to dwell in the cities, and the wastes shall be builded.
(34) And the desolate land shall be tilled, whereas it lay desolate in the sight of all that passed by.
(35) And they shall say, This land that was desolate is become like the garden of Eden; and the waste and desolate and ruined cities are become fenced, and are inhabited.
(36) Then the heathen that are left round about you shall know that I the LORD build the ruined places, and plant that that was desolate: I the LORD have spoken it, and I will do it.
(37) Thus saith the Lord GOD; I will yet for this be enquired of by the house of Israel, to do it for them; I will increase them with men like a flock.
(38) As the holy flock, as the flock of Jerusalem in her solemn feasts; so shall the waste cities be filled with flocks of men: and they shall know that I am the LORD.

Interplanner

It's not the mentality nor the history of the NT.

Jesus spent 40 days teaching how to use the OT and the result is not what you just did, but the quotes in the NT itself, 2500 of them.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's not the mentality nor the history of the NT
The word of GOD is both the OT and NT, and not limited to the NT.
All His word and promises are to be trustworthy.
There is much detail in the OT that is not repeated in the NT.
But one thing is certain, all His word and promises are a surety whether they are repeated in any other books of the Bible or not.

As GOD Himself says in the OT ..... I said it and I will do it.

IP would have folks to believe the lie that GOD said it but won't do it.

God's Truth

One of the many things to discuss that distinguishes the Church from Israel is the promise of earthly land.

Was the Church ever promised their own earthly land?

Of course it was.
No.
But Israel was.
Was the Church ever cast out of their earthly land for unfaithfulness to be restored again later?
No.

The Church is saved people who are in Christ; and, one can be thrown out, cut off, if Jesus so chooses.

Interplanner

Of course it was.

The Church is saved people who are in Christ; and, one can be thrown out, cut off, if Jesus so chooses.

There is no ongoing promise of earthly land, there is no need for it, and there is only the one program going--the mission of the Gospel--until the NHNE.

God's Truth

So...would you say the Jesus is blinded in part until the fullness of the gentiles be come in?

Rom 11:25

The Jews that were cut off and hardened, they were cut off and hardened when Jesus walked the earth. Paul is letting the Gentiles know that they were not cut off forever.

They have a chance to be saved just as the Gentiles do.

Romans 11:23 And if they do not persist in unbelief, they will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again.

Interplanner

So...would you say the Jesus is blinded in part until the fullness of the gentiles be come in?

Rom 11:25

Paul was saying there that the nation always was which is why 11:1-5 has all its examples. Judaism thought there was something magical about the race and the difference of the Christian message is to say that there is not. That's Israel's problem. rom 11 ends saying people only stand God's tree by faith; no one is 'in' by race and nothing is being done anymore with races. Once Christ comes and fulfills a pre-figuring thing (temple, ritual, sacrifice) then it is available to all who believe. You don't need to go down your road because there is no more partitioning of those who have faith, because there would be no basis for it, and no reason for it.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
The Jews that were cut off and hardened, they were cut off and hardened when Jesus walked the earth. Paul is letting the Gentiles know that they were not cut off forever.

They have a chance to be saved just as the Gentiles do.

Romans 11:23 And if they do not persist in unbelief, they will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again.

That has nothing to do with my question.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul was saying there that the nation always was which is why 11:1-5 has all its examples. Judaism thought there was something magical about the race and the difference of the Christian message is to say that there is not. That's Israel's problem. rom 11 ends saying people only stand God's tree by faith; no one is 'in' by race and nothing is being done anymore with races. Once Christ comes and fulfills a pre-figuring thing (temple, ritual, sacrifice) then it is available to all who believe. You don't need to go down your road because there is no more partitioning of those who have faith, because there would be no basis for it, and no reason for it.

That's not an answer to my question.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
There is no ongoing promise of earthly land, there is no need for it, and there is only the one program going--the mission of the Gospel--until the NHNE.

That is what I explained to the other poster.

Rom 11:28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.
Rom 11:29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

Who is 'they' in these verses and what are the gifts and calling that GOD made to 'they' which are irrevocable?