Islam is the Red Horse

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Rev 6:2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

So what crown would that be?

and did you notice the rider?

LA
Jesus is the (metaphorical) rider on the Pale Horse. And his slaughter of the unbelievers, according to Revelation, brings the level of the spilled blood up to the horse's bridle for "a distance of 200 miles."

ISIS never goes away, does it?

Such a charming Savior.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Jesus is the (metaphorical) rider on the Pale Horse. And his slaughter of the unbelievers, according to Revelation, brings the level of the spilled blood up to the horse's bridle for "a distance of 200 miles."

Such a charming Savior.

Slaughter could be metaphor.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Slaughter could be metaphor.
One could only hope.

If believers could recognize and appreciate the profoundly true metaphors in the Bible and stop insisting on taking them literally, we would have a totally different religious landscape in America.

JosephR

One could only hope.

If believers could recognize and appreciate the profoundly true metaphors in the Bible and stop insisting on taking them literally, we would have a totally different religious landscape in America.

Before John while in prison wrote prophetic letters, as all prisoners at the time had pen, ink and paper of coarse..... Ezekiel wrote about the army of the north and the army of the south ... Maybe this should be looked at for prophecy about Islam.

OneOfAll

Just a few thoughts/observations.

The rider of the red horse has a large sword. The banner of islam has a large sword on it.

Edom is very closely related to the word red. Arabs is derived from the Arabah valley where Esau lived. (Gen 25:29-30)

The greek word chloros is often translated as grey, pale or green. Let's take the green translation. The colors of the horses are red, white, black and green. The flags of the islamitic nations all have those colors.

Maybe also nice to know is that the breastplates in Rev 9:12-21 have the colors of the covenants.

Today's Palestinians are Esau's descendants and also called the tents of Edom.

Hamas means violence in Hebrew

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Before John while in prison wrote prophetic letters, as all prisoners at the time had pen, ink and paper of coarse..... Ezekiel wrote about the army of the north and the army of the south ... Maybe this should be looked at for prophecy about Islam.
We can see any shape we want to in the clouds, or draw any arrangement of the stars to form a picture of a constellation.

Maybe we should just look at the writings of the Bible as reflecting the turmoil that was going on around the authors at the time.

To me that makes common sense. Seeing some prefiguring of Jesus long before he was born is astonishing to me. I know that some of the Jews had always looked forward to a coming messiah, but the word refers to an earthly anointed military king that would conquer the conquerors.

Seeing Jesus as the messiah is a valid claim but is not what a messiah is supposed to be about. A messiah was never known to have been killed on a cross in humiliation and woe. It was just that a few early Christians began spreading the idea that Jesus was the messiah because he was resurrected.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned

The rider of the red horse has a large sword. The banner of islam has a large sword on it.

Edom is very closely related to the word red. Arabs is derived from the Arabah valley where Esau lived. (Gen 25:29-30)

The greek word chloros is often translated as grey, pale or green. Let's take the green translation. The colors of the horses are red, white, black and green. The flags of the islamitic nations all have those colors.

Maybe also nice to know is that the breastplates in Rev 9:12-21 have the colors of the covenants.

Interesting interpretations.

Maybe you are aware of Hal Lindsey who wrote The Late, Great Planet Earth. Or Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins and their Left Behind series. Or, my previous comment about whenever you see the "Number 4" in Revelation, it is referring to the Beatles.

Each person who thinks they see "the truth" in metaphoric, sacred language cannot then see the context of the words. Prophets and the history of prophetic speech shows that folks used the history and chaos of their own times to serve as "predictions" of the future.

We all lie on our backs and see different shapes in the clouds. People have always watched the stars and seen their own culturally-conditioned pictures called "constellations."

JosephR

We can see any shape we want to in the clouds, or draw any arrangement of the stars to form a picture of a constellation.

Maybe we should just look at the writings of the Bible as reflecting the turmoil that was going on around the authors at the time.

To me that makes common sense. Seeing some prefiguring of Jesus long before he was born is astonishing to me. I know that some of the Jews had always looked forward to a coming messiah, but the word refers to an earthly anointed military king that would conquer the conquerors.

Seeing Jesus as the messiah is a valid claim but is not what a messiah is supposed to be about. A messiah was never known to have been killed on a cross in humiliation and woe. It was just that a few early Christians began spreading the idea that Jesus was the messiah because he was resurrected.

Well, what word are you referring to?

No early Christian spread the word of any resurrection . These words come from Titus flavious and his scholars / historians. The early Christians speak of a yeshua of Nazarene but none of the things in the four gospels that became law under the council In 382 ad. So history and the Jews do not agree at all with that outlook.

JosephR

Islam is the Red Horse

Interesting interpretations.

Maybe you are aware of Hal Lindsey who wrote The Late, Great Planet Earth. Or Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins and their Left Behind series. Or, my previous comment about whenever you see the "Number 4" in Revelation, it is referring to the Beatles.

Each person who thinks they see "the truth" in metaphoric, sacred language cannot then see the context of the words. Prophets and the history of prophetic speech shows that folks used the history and chaos of their own times to serve as "predictions" of the future.

We all lie on our backs and see different shapes in the clouds. People have always watched the stars and seen their own culturally-conditioned pictures called "constellations."

I like Hal Lindsey , he and chuck missler have many good studies and videos that I have watched, although I do not agree with the history they accept.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Well, what word are you referring to?
The word "Messiah," as the ancient world of the Bible understood it.

No early Christian spread the word of any resurrection . These words come from Titus flavious and his scholars / historians. The early Christians speak of a yeshua of Nazarene but none of the things in the four gospels that became law under the council In 382 ad. So history and the Jews do not agree at all with that outlook.
I submit that Paul did--although technically I think you are right, because he never saw himself as a Christian but as a Jew called forth by God.

There were some existing Jewish ideas that were used to interpret Jesus's continuing Power and Presence after his death, and the biblical writers used and re-interpreted them freely.

Elisha and Elijah were "taken up." Other figures were elevated to "God's right hand." The "bones" of Israel rose from the grave, reassembled themselves and the dead was suddenly living as told in Ezekiel. And Paul preached about being caught up in the air into the "third heaven."

My point is that there were a lot of handy cultural metaphors lying around to help the Jews and those who followed Jesus make sense of their tradition. And to deal with Jesus's ignoble suffering and death.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
I like Hal Lindsey , he and chuck missler have many good studies and videos that I have watched, although I do not agree with the history they accept.
Prophets--at least in the biblical tradition--do not predict the future, but riff on the events taking place in their own times.

The great prophets of the Hebrew Bible like Amos, Jeremiah, Isaiah and many others basically told their nation that "If you don't quit going where you are going, you're going to wind up where you're headed."

That's the same idea as proclaiming the word "repent!" to others. You are asking them to make a profound change in their very personality as a human being.

CherubRam

Rev 6:2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

So what crown would that be?

and did you notice the rider?

LA
A white horse is a symbol of a victor. The bow is a symbol for action. The single crown is a symbol for the crown of life. The person is Michael The Arch Angel. Christ rides a white horse and has many crowns. My computer is broken, so do not expect any better answers for now.

CherubRam

Very good observation. Hope to hear more from you.

CherubRam

ISIS never goes away, does it?

Such a charming Savior.

The pale horse is parabolic for death and destruction. Christ rides a white horse and has many crowns.

CherubRam

Mass Shooting at Umpqua Community College in Roseburg Oregon. It is not cofirmed yet, but it is believed that the person was a Muslim targeting Christians.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
The pale horse is parabolic for death and destruction. Christ rides a white horse and has many crowns.
Those are theological, faith-based notions. Trying to imagine a Jew walking around Palestine in the first century with "many crowns" balanced on his head does not make sense, except as a metaphor for saying he is an exalted person.