Is White Privilege Real?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
betcha she spit on your burger

I never send one back more than once in a restaurant for exactly that reason.

“[Spitting into the food of white customers at a hotel in Greenville, South Carolina] gave me a psychological gratification.” Jesse Jackson

Source: As quoted in a November 1969 Life magazine article

But of course thats not racist, its understandable.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
can you explain why your hurt feelings should be heeded by others?

GetYoPopcornReady.gif

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Hes on ignore, so that would be a good trick. I just see what he says to certain things other people quote now.

lately i've found it easier to ignore most of his "clever" and "witty" crap - the stuff he excerpts for his self-celebrating shrine to himself - and just respond to the key points he tries to avoid

iow, i have 95% of him on ignore :)

Arthur Brain

lately i've found it easier to ignore most of his "clever" and "witty" crap - the stuff he excerpts for his self-celebrating shrine to himself - and just respond to the key points he tries to avoid

iow, i have 95% of him on ignore :)

:rotfl:

Says the guy who can't help but obsess over him and spams up the place with that very same obsession over and over again?!

Wow, are you just gormless or what?

:freak:

Arthur Brain

You should probably not drag my son into your personal problems in any way.

:thumb:

I used it, to note Merriam Webster, as that which causes dislike, as I noted in contrasting it with strong feeling.

No go find something else to blather about that has nothing to do with anything outside of your demonstrable obsession with every word I write around here.

Yeah, but wouldn't that reduce his posting quotient by about 95%?

:think:

Oh, a win win then!

:roses:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
You actually think spitting in someones food, can be understandable at any time?
:idunno: It's awful and irrational, but people act in emotional, irrational ways sometimes. Depending on the circumstances I could maybe understand what would compel someone to do that.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
:idunno: It's awful and irrational, but people act in emotional, irrational ways sometimes. Depending on the circumstances I could maybe understand what would compel someone to do that.

Thats pretty sick. So do you think the cops were wrong to put this woman in jail?

A Mississippi woman looking for a late-night burger may have unwittingly gotten something extra with her order, after a drive-thru worker was accused of smearing menstrual blood and saliva on a fast food order.

Or is it the spit is understandable but not the blood, some bodily fluids are ok without consent, but not others?

Sick, that kind of attitude enables the sick behavior. So what amount of spit is ok in your food?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Thats pretty sick. So do you think the cops were wrong to put this woman in jail?

A Mississippi woman looking for a late-night burger may have unwittingly gotten something extra with her order, after a drive-thru worker was accused of smearing menstrual blood and saliva on a fast food order.

Or is it the spit is understandable but not the blood, some bodily fluids are ok without consent, but not others?

Sick, that kind of attitude enables the sick behavior. So what amount of spit is ok in your food?
Understandable doesn't mean acceptable. I didn't say it was ok.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Understandable doesn't mean acceptable. I didn't say it was ok.

un·der·stand·a·ble
ˌəndərˈstandəb(ə)l/
adjective
adjective: understandable

able to be understood.
"though his accent was strange, the words were perfectly understandable"
synonyms: comprehensible, intelligible, coherent, clear, explicit, unambiguous, transparent, plain, straightforward, digestible, accessible, user-friendly
"make it understandable to the beginner"
to be expected; natural, reasonable, or forgivable.

:think:

Again, what amount of spit is ok in YOUR food?