Is the Law of Moses good or bad?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I think all people are brothers, and it’s just that many don’t like to think that way.

It’s interesting though for Christians who believe the Bible is the Word of God, all people really are brothers right?

I mean, we all are descended from Noah’s sons. Right?

In a way, so yes.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Maybe you can state what you believe that makes us brothers then.

Because we are both children of God, as is everything that exists.

If God made everything it should be plainly obvious to every believer. Sigh. How it is not obvious is beyond me. I think religion must dull the spiritual and intellectual capabilities.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Because we are both children of God, as is everything that exists.

If God made everything it should be plainly obvious to every believer. Sigh. How it is not obvious is beyond me. I think religion must dull the spiritual and intellectual capabilities.

I wouldn't want you to say we are tight and brothers unless you understand salvation.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
I wouldn't want you to say we are tight and brothers unless you understand salvation.

Well maybe your beliefs are better than mine Jacob. Yeah, you’re probably right. I need to believe like you do about God before I’m actually right. Thanks man. That’s just great.

advenureside

Dearest JudgeRightly.

I understand what you are saying. Thank you for taking time to respond to my post.

I ask you to reconsider your claim and consider that - it be that - The " One Step " Theology of The Trinitarian mentality has led you to mistakenly claim that my perfectly accurate post was incorrect ?

The “ SABBATH LAW “ or “ SABBATH ORDINANCE “ was first mentioned as directly - relating to the incidences of poisionous, rotting and contaminated foods that were occurring by people who were rebelling and making food that was a health hazard.

This is what I said in my post and – the reason why they were to not cook on The Sabbath in the very first place.

IN FACT - This Sabath Law was not a part of Adam’s life - nor a part of Araham, Isaac or Jacob’s life, nor his sons and daughters.

And even after Moses gave this “ Sabbath Law “ in Exo 16 The Israelites were breaking This Sabbath Commmandment Law and they went out searching and exploring / working to find and gather for food.

We find that after these People broke The Sabbath Law -

Verse 25: And Moses said, Eat that to day; for to day is a sabbath unto the LORD: to day ye shall not find it in the field.

:26 Six days ye shall gather it; but on the seventh day, which is the sabbath, in it there shall be none.
:27 And it came to pass, that there went out some of the people on the seventh day for to gather, and they found none.

:28 And the LORD said unto Moses, How long refuse ye to keep my commandments and my laws?

:29 See, for that the LORD hath given you the sabbath, therefore he giveth you on the sixth day the bread of two days; abide ye every man in his place, let no man go out of his place on the seventh day.

HERE - No one was ever stoned or killed for SIMPLY breaking the Sabbath Law.

But the SAME problem continued concerning the same situation that we find in Exodous Chapter 16 - down to - Numbers Chapter 11.

AND THIS PROBLEM was a shortage of nourishment, stable food, of a healthy sustenance.
People were NOT being stoned to death for breaking the Sabbath.

The people had already been breaking The Sabbath concerning FOOD and STARVATION and FOOD SHORTAGES since The very Sabbath was first mentioned – when it was established to prevent too much scarce food from being cooked and picked all at one time - and cooked and prepared to eat, with everyone eating and there being so much left over that they were being poisioned and injured and starving from hunger.

We find again - in - Num 11:4 Israel also wept again, and said, Who shall give us flesh to eat?
:5 We remember the fish, which we did eat in Egypt freely; the cucumbers, and the melons, and the leeks, and the onions, and the garlick: :6 But now our soul is dried away: there is nothing at all, beside this manna, before our eyes.

I was trying to explain that - - The stoning of the man gathering sticks on the Sabbath was a one-time event that was done because of the existing conditions that the Israelites were under as they were facing massive starvation and poisonous, rotting foods.

Exo 16:3 And the children of Israel said unto them, Would to God we had died by the hand of the LORD in the land of Egypt, when we sat by the flesh pots, and when we did eat bread to the full; for ye have brought us forth into this wilderness, to kill this whole assembly with hunger.

Exo 16:20 Notwithstanding they hearkened not unto Moses; but some of them left of it until the morning, and it bred worms, and stank: and Moses was wroth with them.

This is why the man was stoned to death LATER in Numbers. THE SAME EXACT SITUATION. Only the condiotions has gotten much worse. Moses then gave a solution for preventing the starving and food shortage problems - The man- refused to listen to Moses and endangered others who were starving from hunger and being poisoned by contaminated foods.

Many OTHER people had already broken the Sabbath Law and had went out hunting, searching and exploring for food. - As Moses had already / previously dealt with and REBUKED and CONDEMNED many other people who had already broken the SABBATH LAW [ CONCERNING WORKING TO PREPARE FOOD ON THE SABBATH }

Moses simply said - “ “ How long refuse ye to keep my commandments and my laws?

But here in Numbers 11: :6 - the situation has changed

– The people were truly suffering and felt that things were as horrible and worse and as hard as it could possibly get. They felt that they would die because of food shortages. AS VERSE 6 says - But now our soul is dried away: there is nothing at all, beside this manna, before our eyes.

My question to you is - if people had already been breaking The Sabath and working to gather, hunt and prepare food on the Sabbath - why did Moses only verbaly rebuke and audibly warn them.

But when things were as hard as they could be and the people felt that they were were going to literally starve to death - SAYING “ our soul is drying away: “

Meaning – we are literally dying from hunger and malnurishment, THEN - the man was stoned to death.

My friend – You simply have no Scriptures for your faith. You fail to read and acknowledge the Bible in your “ one Step “ Trinitarian Theology mind.

The Scriptures show that - it was more than just a case of a single man being punished for breaking The Sabbath Law - there is much more to the story than this Trinitarian - “ ONE STEP “ theological King Jameistic Demand, that seeks to depict The Old Testament in the most critical and horrible, dirty, harsh and FAILED discerning, and scathing scope imaginable. This is called " Trinitarian One Step Theology "

Are you are simply looking for an imaginary crumb falling from a fruitcake to feed your theological orbit that is starving for facts, SCRIPTURAL REALITY and truth.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Well maybe your beliefs are better than mine Jacob. Yeah, you’re probably right. I need to believe like you do about God before I’m actually right. Thanks man. That’s just great.

Not everyone thinks the same thing, but it is good to believe some things the same, like salvation which is what makes people brothers in Christ.

jamesdyson

BANNED
Banned
I wouldn't call that murder.

6th Commandment: Thou shalt not kill.
I don't believe God was talking about killing animals, fish or birds for food
but rather killing a fellow human being; which the English version in the 20th century is "murder"

Consider:

- Moses was in a position of authority
- He saw an egyptian official abusing one of the Israelites
- He took action to defend said Israelite

The action Moses took was to murder. No matter how you excuse it, cut it or dice it;
It's MURDER with intent

What he did wrong was try to cover it up.

No my friend, you are the one trying to find excuses for it

in my view of things

jamesdyson

BANNED
Banned
And that is ok with me. We are still brothers in my book. May the light of God guide you and fill your heart with love.

Thank you for stating this.

We "all" are brothers and sisters in the eyes of the Lord which includes Palestinians and all the rest.

(Mal 3:5 KJV)And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against false swearers, and against those that oppress the hireling in his wages, the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the stranger from his right, and fear not me, saith the LORD of hosts.

(Deu 24:19 KJV)When thou cuttest down thine harvest in thy field, and hast forgot a sheaf in the field, thou shalt not go again to fetch it: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow: that the LORD thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hands.

(Deu 24:20 KJV)When thou beatest thine olive tree, thou shalt not go over the boughs again: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow.

(Deu 24:21 KJV)When thou gatherest the grapes of thy vineyard, thou shalt not glean it afterward: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow.

(Jer 7:6 KJV)If ye oppress not the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, and shed not innocent blood in this place, neither walk after other gods to your hurt:

(Jer 22:3 KJV)Thus saith the LORD; Execute ye judgment and righteousness, and deliver the spoiled out of the hand of the oppressor: and do no wrong, do no violence to the stranger, the fatherless, nor the widow, neither shed innocent blood in this place.

(Zec 7:10 KJV)And oppress not the widow, nor the fatherless, the stranger, nor the poor; and let none of you imagine evil against his brother in your heart.

(Exo 22:21 KJV)Thou shalt neither vex a stranger, nor oppress him: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

(Exo 23:9 KJV)Also thou shalt not oppress a stranger: for ye know the heart of a stranger, seeing ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

(Lev 19:34 KJV)But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.

(Lev 25:35 KJV)And if thy brother be waxen poor, and fallen in decay with thee; then thou shalt relieve him: yea, though he be a stranger, or a sojourner; that he may live with thee.

(Deu 1:16 KJV)And I charged your judges at that time, saying, Hear the causes between your brethren, and judge righteously between every man and his brother, and the stranger that is with him.

(Deu 10:18 KJV)He doth execute the judgment of the fatherless and widow, and loveth the stranger, in giving him food and raiment.

(Deu 10:19 KJV)Love ye therefore the stranger: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

k0de

How is ANY human being able to speak to why or why not God did or did not do a thing?

We are not Gods counselors. He doesn’t check in with us before deciding a thing.
I don't know only God knows why.

But remember Moses was God's annointed.

Exodus 7: 1. Then the Lord said to Moses, "See, I have made you like God to Pharaoh, and your brother Aaron will be your prophet.

But, the real question for me is, what makes someone think that God actually wished to kill someone? Because it says so in the Bible. If the Bible didn’t say that, where would the idea come from that God wishes to kill things?
Nope God kills and birth something every second.

Don't you know your life is like a vapor?

James 4: 14. Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
I don't know only God knows why.

But remember Moses was God's annointed.

Exodus 7: 1. Then the Lord said to Moses, "See, I have made you like God to Pharaoh, and your brother Aaron will be your prophet.

First of all, thank you for your response.

Second of all, I am under zero obligation to believe Moses was Gods anointed, and frankly I think it’s literally crazy to think so.

Well, let me take that back. It’s not crazy, but it is a type of cognitive extremism based on the need for religion in the soul of man.

Lastly, you can’t use the Bible to prove the Bible and have any chance of winning a logical argument.

I say that while openly admitting that logic is really not en vogue around here. In fact, logic obviously doesn’t fly because it’s inferior to belief in the minds of the religiously indoctrinated.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Second of all, I am under zero obligation to believe Moses was Gods anointed, and frankly I think it’s literally crazy to think so.
Where does it say Moses was Gods anointed? Or are you saying that it does not? Who is God's anointed?