Is the Holy Spirit Female?

God's Truth

You are confused. That is the Church, the body of Christ.

You are so confused. That is the New Jerusalem that will descend onto the New Earth after the Millennial reign.

You are confused. The scripture plainly say JESUS is the TEMPLE.

The Church is the body of Christ and is the same as the temple.

So you think Jesus is going to live on this earth again?

You think Jesus is going to live in an earthy temple?

Will Jesus have the people give animal sacrifices?

WatchmanOnTheWall

I believe the first resurrection is when we are saved.

Christ is living in the saved now, and scriptures that support the first resurrection, that of our spirits living in Jesus, before we die a physical death…

1 Corinthians 6:17 But whoever is united with the Lord is one with him in spirit.

John 6:56Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in him.

Ephesians 2:6 And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus,

Colossians 3:1 Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.

Colossians 3:3 For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God.

Colossians 1:13 For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves,

Romans 8:9 You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ.

Actually the first Resurrection is only for the the 144,000:

Rev:7
3“Do not harm the land or the sea or the trees until we put a seal on the foreheads of the servants of our God.” 4Then I heard the number of those who were sealed: 144,000 from all the tribes of Israel.

Rev:14
1Then I looked, and there before me was the Lamb, standing on Mount Zion, and with him 144,000 who had his name and his Father’s name written on their foreheads. 2And I heard a sound from heaven like the roar of rushing waters and like a loud peal of thunder. The sound I heard was like that of harpists playing their harps. 3And they sang a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and the elders. No one could learn the song except the 144,000 who had been redeemed from the earth. 4These are those who did not defile themselves with women, for they remained virgins. They follow the Lamb wherever he goes. They were purchased from among mankind and offered as firstfruits to God and the Lamb. 5No lie was found in their mouths; they are blameless.

The second Resurrection is the great multitude:

Rev:7
9After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb.

God's Truth

Actually the first Resurrection is only for the the 144,000:

Revelation 20:6 Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.

Those saved now are priests of the Lord.

The second death is the Lake of Fire.

If a person is not part of the first resurrection they will be thrown in the Lake of Fire.

WatchmanOnTheWall

You are confused. The scripture plainly say JESUS is the TEMPLE.
Only after God makes the New Earth and Heaven.
The Church is the body of Christ and is the same as the temple.
This is currently being built spiritually but it will not be completed till the New Earth and Heaven are made by God.
So you think Jesus is going to live on this earth again?
That is what the Bible says, and I believe it.
You think Jesus is going to live in an earthy temple?
Again that is what it says will happen during the Millennial reign and I believe it.
Will Jesus have the people give animal sacrifices?
It only says that the nations will worship Jesus once a year at Tabernacles during the Millennial reign, no mention of animal sacrifaices:

Zechariah 14:16
And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

WatchmanOnTheWall

Revelation 20:6 Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.

Those saved now are priests of the Lord.

The second death is the Lake of Fire.

If a person is not part of the first resurrection they will be thrown in the Lake of Fire.

Then you discount the second resurrection. More holes in your Bible.

God's Truth

Only after God makes the New Earth and Heaven. This is currently being built spiritually but it will not be completed till the New Earth and Heaven are made by God. That is what the Bible says, and I believe it. Again that is what it says will happen during the Millennial reign and I believe it. It only says that the nations will worship Jesus once a year at Tabernacles during the Millennial reign, no mention of animal sacrifaices:

Zechariah 14:16
And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

So what kind of sewage system will there be? How about trash collection?

Jesus says he is the temple.

It was destroyed and he raised it n three days when he raised himself from the dead.

WatchmanOnTheWall

So what kind of sewage system will there be? How about trash collection?
:rotfl: Your understanding of the power of God is futile.
Jesus says he is the temple.
No, John said he saw God and Jesus were the Temple on the New Earth after the Millennial reign.

Revelation 21:22
I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.

It was destroyed and he raised it n three days when he raised himself from the dead.
That's your interpretation.

God's Truth

:rotfl: Your understanding of the power of God is futile. No, John said he saw God and Jesus were the Temple on the New Earth after the Millennial reign.

Revelation 21:22
I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.

That's your interpretation.

Jesus is the temple.

Jesus isn't going to live on this earth again.

WatchmanOnTheWall

The Spirit is the Spirit of a Father, a Man.

A man and a man can not beget anything:

John 1:14
And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Luke 1:35
The angel answered, "The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.

WatchmanOnTheWall

Jesus says that he will never forsake his saved. However, it looks like we are forsaken when when one suffers and dies. People spoke among themselves and said let's see if the Father helps him.

The Spirit of God is Jesus' Spirit. Jesus raised himself from the dead. There is scripture that says Jesus raised himself, and scripture that says the Father did, and scripture that says the Holy Spirit did. That proves they are all one and the same.

John 10:18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father."

John 2:19 Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days."

I want to add that although Jesus will build the temple described in Ezekiel for His Millennial reign, I also understand that Jesus did indeed mean His body was also the temple of the Holy Spirit:

John 2:21
But the temple he had spoken of was his body.

But the Holy Spirit was not given till Pentecost, so the work of building the Body of Christ (the Church) was not started till then and is still being built. It will continue till the end of the millennial reign when it will be ready to be the Temple in the new Jerusalem on the new Earth.

However, I do recognise that Jesus and indeed the Holy Spirit, also played a part in Jesus' Resurrection but as the majority of scriptures point out it was God the Father who played the lead role and is an important point in understanding the Trinity: This article is helpful in explaining this:

https://www.evangelical-times.org/19060/who-raised-jesus-from-the-dead/

It read's as follows:

Who raised Jesus from the dead?’
April 2016 | by Rick Phillips
'He is not here but is risen'It is natural to inquire about the details of an event so important to us. But we should first remember that the Bible avoids providing us details about what happened within the tomb when Jesus arose in resurrection life.

We know he was killed and buried, that the tomb was sealed and guarded by Roman soldiers. But the next thing we learn is that when the women arrive on the third day with anointing spices, the stone was rolled away, and Jesus was gone.

The situation here is similar to that of the cross. God does not provide us intimate details of Jesus’ excruciating suffering. The Bible mainly tells us that he was crucified and died. Likewise, we are told that Jesus rose from the dead. The Bible’s chief concern is with the bare facts, along with their saving significance for all who believe.

This being the case, we should never try to reconstruct or dramatise those holy moments in Jesus’ experience about which the Bible is silent.

Trinity

But one thing the Bible is not shy in speaking about is the answer to the question, ‘Who raised Jesus from the dead?’

Perhaps the most pointed answer was given by Peter in his Pentecost sermon, just weeks after the resurrection: ‘God raised him up, loosing the pangs of death, because it was not possible for him to be held by it’ (Acts 2:24). The answer is that ‘God raised him up’.

The obvious follow-up question is, ‘Who, within the Trinity, raised Jesus from the grave?’ Here, things become interesting, because the biblical answer is ‘Yes’! That is, at different places, the Bible ascribes the raising of Jesus to each of the three members of the Trinity: God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

No doubt, the majority of references point to God the Father. Where we read, ‘God raised Jesus’, we should certainly take this as a reference to God the Father.

This emphasises a number of things. First, it is the God to whom Jesus cried, and into whose hands Jesus committed his Spirit, who raised him from the dead. In Matthew 27:43, we read of the chief priests mocking Jesus: ‘He trusts in God; let God deliver him now, if he desires him. For he said, I am the Son of God’.

By the resurrection, Jesus’ claims regarding his relationship as Son to the Father were proved to be true, and God the Father was proved to be faithful to all who trust in him. Moreover, Peter could say, ‘The God of our fathers raised Jesus, whom you killed by hanging him on a tree’ (Acts 5:30), so that the resurrection was a proof that the Old Testament is fulfilled by the risen Christ.

Christ’s power

The Bible also ascribes Christ’s resurrection to Jesus’ own power as Second Person of the Godhead. This is in keeping with the power he claimed to Martha at the tomb of Lazarus: ‘I am the resurrection and the life’ (John 11:25).

Jesus said in John 10:17-18, ‘I lay down my life that I may take it up again … I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from my Father’. Hebrews 7:16 says that Jesus lives for ever because he possesses ‘the power of an indestructible life’. The point is that being the ever-living, divine Son, the Alpha and Omega, death could not hold Jesus, and therefore death cannot hold those who belong to Jesus, in faith.

Lastly, there are references to the Holy Spirit raising Jesus from the dead. Romans 1:4 says that Jesus ‘was declared to be the Son of God in power according to the Spirit of holiness by his resurrection from the dead’.

More blatantly, Romans 8:11 says, ‘If the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, he who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies, through his Spirit, who dwells in you’.

The point is made evident right there, that the Spirit’s work in our lives is analogous to his work in raising Jesus from the dead. To be born again by the Spirit is to experience a spiritual resurrection.

Salvation

This ends up providing a useful lesson in Trinitarian theology, namely, that in the work of any member of the Trinity, the other two members are always intimately involved.

Everything the Trinity does is done by all of the Trinity. Surely, in the case of the resurrection of Christ, the great preponderance of references speak of God the Father as the leading actor.

But the Son and the Spirit were also responsible in the resurrection, just as all three divine Persons are actively involved in our spiritual rebirth and ongoing sanctification — which is our first resurrection — just as they will together conspire to ensure our second and final resurrection on the great day to come. To all three be glory!