Is the doctrine of Eternal Conscious Torment biblical or not?

FineLinen

“The all” is similar to saying “the poor” or other such expressions. “The all” is like saying “the elect”, “the redeemed”.

The Greek article particularizes, it doesn’t generalize. It’s Greek’s way of being able to inclusively refer to “all Believers”. The redeemed are “the all”. The unredeemed are NOT “the all”.

πᾶς

Radically means "all." Used without the article it means "every," every kind or variety.

God is the Saviour of all men, ESPECIALLY those who believe/trust in Him..

Please note;

Malista is not monos or monon.

Arthur Brain

aww artie, that's just your inner emo speaking :chuckle:

Well, no, it's based on several traits you've displayed over the years. Key hallmarks of psycho and sociopathic traits:

Narcissism; You had a 100 post a day average on here at one point that mostly consisted of drive by childish insults when that was still tolerated. A plethora of "look at me" threads or ones designed to bait other posters and get a rise. All typical of the need to get attention, positive or otherwise.

Obsessive behaviour: Well let's see, how many posters have you obsessed about on here? There's Barb. TH, me, Rusha, anna...even when I wasn't posting on here until my ban was lifted you couldn't help but keep gossiping about me I noticed. Your ultra obsession with TH was beyond the bizarre, to the point on challenging him on his legal credentials on pain of a perma ban for the "loser" which could only be you on the score. Even after those credentials were verified you still persisted with it. It was kinda fascinating in a car crash sort of way to watch.

Poor impulse control; Hmm, you have the worst infraction record for anyone in the history of the forum, many of those infractions related to flame outs over your child like obsessions with the above. That's even before the rules changed and that kind of behaviour was kicked into touch.

Some sociopaths can be hard to spot as they can be very clever and subtle in their behaviour and often very charming and intelligent. Not all however and your lack of subtlety gave you away a long time ago.

FineLinen

Everyone bowing has nothing to do with everyone having salvation.

“Of beings in heaven...” is a subphrase in this passage. Now you’re insisting the host of hell and the serpent himself are universally saved. And animals and insects are all beings on some level, so now you’re initimating that every being has salvation.

You also don’t know what the name of Jesus is and means. It’s not the incantation of syllables in human language.

Absolute delusion. And you have the nerve to attempt to use scripture for your antichrist heresy of demeaning the finished work of the Lord for those He has redeemed.

Dear P.P.S. I know what IN/EN the Name of Jesus means. I also know what perfunctory genuflections means. And yes, I know what the heavens, the earth and the underworld means.

That IN the Name of Jesus all beings shall worship>>>the radical pas

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Well, no, it's based on several traits you've displayed over the years. Key hallmarks of psycho and sociopathic traits:

Narcissism; You had a 100 post a day average on here at one point that mostly consisted of drive by childish insults when that was still tolerated. A plethora of "look at me" threads or ones designed to bait other posters and get a rise. All typical of the need to get attention, positive or otherwise.

Obsessive behaviour: Well let's see, how many posters have you obsessed about on here? There's Barb. TH, me, Rusha, anna...even when I wasn't posting on here until my ban was lifted you couldn't help but keep gossiping about me I noticed. Your ultra obsession with TH was beyond the bizarre, to the point on challenging him on his legal credentials on pain of a perma ban for the "loser" which could only be you on the score. Even after those credentials were verified you still persisted with it. It was kinda fascinating in a car crash sort of way to watch.

Poor impulse control; Hmm, you have the worst infraction record for anyone in the history of the forum, many of those infractions related to flame outs over your child like obsessions with the above. That's even before the rules changed and that kind of behaviour was kicked into touch.

Some sociopaths can be hard to spot as they can be very clever and subtle in their behaviour and often very charming and intelligent. Not all however and your lack of subtlety gave you away a long time ago.

looks like someone's triggered this morning :chuckle:

Arthur Brain

looks like someone's triggered this morning :chuckle:

If there is it's you, that's yet another chuckle smiley at the end of a post. In some ways it's almost entertaining to watch sociopaths, especially ones that can't maintain their facade or it's been seen through. They often act angrily like you with TH or pretend to be flippant as you do here.

Studying psychology can be fascinating.

ok doser

If there is it's you, that's yet another chuckle smiley at the end of a post. In some ways it's almost entertaining to watch sociopaths, especially ones that can't maintain their facade or it's been seen through. They often act angrily like you with TH or pretend to be flippant as you do here.

Studying psychology can be fascinating.

on topic artie, or i'll report you

hell is separation from God, for eternity, while conscious

you got any problems with that?

Arthur Brain

lots of fun watching you spazz out artie, but let's try to get back on topic, shall we?

hell is separation from God, for eternity, while conscious

you got any problems with that?

And now the projection, classic.

Making a subjective opinion as if it's a statement isn't something that needs to be rebutted. You no more know what "hell" is than my cat.

(Obviously a lack of empathy is another psychopathic trait but you never attempted to disguise your lack on that score.)

Arthur Brain

then what are you doing in the thread?

trolling?

Well, if I was then I'd be misrepresenting other people's positions by saying they thought "hell" consisted of some cartoon nonsense like folk being prodded by pitchforks or something. I align with Logos X if you remember the guy? It makes much more sense than fundamentalist doctrines on the matter.

Arthur Brain

this got lost in the emo-clutter:

More projection...

in what way does it limit God?

It limits what God wills and how much of His own creation He can restore. Doctrines often have a tendency to do that.

do you know of any doctrine that doesn't have disagreement among it's adherents?

Oh, there's plenty but given the enormity of something like eternal torment then why is there any among its adherents? Why isn't it clear in black and white?

ok doser

Well, if I was then I'd be misrepresenting other people's positions by saying they thought "hell" consisted of some cartoon nonsense like folk being prodded by pitchforks or something. I align with Logos X if you remember the guy? It makes much more sense than fundamentalist doctrines on the matter.

don't remember logosx, don't have any idea what you mean by "fundamentalist doctrines" - as far as i can tell, you think they're all over the place

how about you tell me what you think hell is and i tell you what I think hell is and we'll start from there?

ok doser

It limits what God wills and how much of His own creation He can restore.

rather, it limits Him to being just, to acting justly, to serving justice

Doctrines often have a tendency to do that.

don't care

Oh, there's plenty

name one

but given the enormity of something like eternal torment

i don't see it as an enormity

Why isn't it clear in black and white?

it is

eternal conscious torment, separation from God

Arthur Brain

rather, it limits Him to being just, to act justly, to serve justice.

Man made doctrines don't reflect justice

don't care

Well of course you don't, nobody expects you to.

In Christianity? Open view - Calvinism.

i don't see it as an enormity

Again, that comes as no surprise, it would be more of a shock if you did.

it is

eternal conscious torment, separation from God

Well, no, otherwise all of you who believe in such would be on the exact same page. You aren't.

Arthur Brain

don't remember logosx, don't have any idea what you mean by "fundamentalist doctrines" - as far as i can tell, you think they're all over the place

how about you tell me what you think hell is and i tell you what I think hell is and we'll start from there?

Well, it's been a while since he's been on here but he was a major contributor here when I first joined. If you're really that interested then you can read what I go along with here:

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...nbelievers-Spend-Eternity-in-the-Lake-of-Fire