Is the doctrine of Eternal Conscious Torment biblical or not?

iouae

So you are saying Jesus' disciples thought that he was a demon. I think you are badly mistaken.

Luke 24:39 Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have."

There is a spirit realm, which includes God and angels. That's it. The dead are all dead, not spirits wandering around. Some demons PRETEND to be the dead departed, and speak through mediums like one sees on a few TV shows. This is all part of Satan's deception. Many societies at the end of October, (Halloween) drive their dead relatives around believing they are still alive in spirit in South American countries. Almost all pagan societies believe their ancestors are still alive as spirits. satan has done a good job of convincing the deceived world that the wages of sin is not death.

God's Truth

2 Corinthians 12:2 I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know—God knows. 3 And I know that this man—whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, but God knows— 4 was caught up to paradise and heard inexpressible things, things that no one is permitted to tell.

iouae

2 Corinthians 12:2 I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know—God knows. 3 And I know that this man—whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, but God knows— 4 was caught up to paradise and heard inexpressible things, things that no one is permitted to tell.

All Paul was saying was that he did not know the process of how he was shown heaven, whether he was taken there bodily, or shown it in his mind. You make much of nothing.

God's Truth

All Paul was saying was that he did not know the process of how he was shown heaven, whether he was taken there bodily, or shown it in his mind. You make much of nothing.

You do not even know what you do.

YOU said we have no spirit that lives on after the death of our body.

You said spirits of people are really demons.

YET, the APOSTLE Paul does not consider an out of body experience as being a lie from a demon---for HE EVEN SUGGESTS THAT IT IS WHAT HAPPENED to a MAN.

iouae

You do not even know what you do.

YOU said we have no spirit that lives on after the death of our body.

You said spirits of people are really demons.

YET, the APOSTLE Paul does not consider an out of body experience as being a lie from a demon---for HE EVEN SUGGESTS THAT IT IS WHAT HAPPENED to a MAN.

you are calling it an "out of body experience" as if this is a biblical concept. Paul saw a vision, he does not know how. That is all there is to it. You ASSUME this requires a spirit. Today, all it requires is a cinema or virtual reality headset.

God's Truth

you are calling it an "out of body experience" as if this is a biblical concept. Paul saw a vision, he does not know how. That is all there is to it. You ASSUME this requires a spirit. Today, all it requires is a cinema or virtual reality headset.

What don't you get about PAUL saying it could have been an out of body experience?

You are so ensnared to believe something that you cannot see what is plainly in front of you.

iouae

What don't you get about PAUL saying it could have been an out of body experience?

You are so ensnared to believe something that you cannot see what is plainly in front of you.

Let's see who has a reading problem...

I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven. 2 Cor 12:2

Paul did not know ("I cannot tell") whether it was an out of body experience or not.

God can take Paul to heaven as a mortal, or however. If Paul cannot tell, how can I or you. What I can tell is that no spirit is mention as a permanent part of humans.

God's Truth

Let's see who has a reading problem...

I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven. 2 Cor 12:2

Paul did not know ("I cannot tell") whether it was an out of body experience or not.

God can take Paul to heaven as a mortal, or however. If Paul cannot tell, how can I or you. What I can tell is that no spirit is mention as a permanent part of humans.

Paul. said. it. could. have. been. an. out. of. body. experience.

YOU say there is no such thing.

If there was no such thing then Paul would NOT HAVE SUGGESTED IT.

iouae

Paul. said. it. could. have. been. an. out. of. body. experience.

YOU say there is no such thing.

If there was no such thing then Paul would NOT HAVE SUGGESTED IT.

Where did Paul say he was a spirit?

I will help you here. Look at Rev 1:10

10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,

Does being "in the spirit" mean we have/are a spirit?

God's Truth

Where did Paul say he was a spirit?

Paul suggested it. I gave you the scriptures.

I will help you here. Look at Rev 1:10

10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,

Does being "in the spirit" mean we have/are a spirit?

There is one translation which did not capitalize the 's'.

Being in the spirit is how that scripture should have been written.

iouae

Paul suggested it. I gave you the scriptures.

There is one translation which did not capitalize the 's'.

Being in the spirit is how that scripture should have been written.

Do you think the Holy Spirit had any part in showing John heaven and this vision?

iouae

I didn't rewrite any scripture in the Bible. We are discussing the scriptures. Do you need some sleep?

Here is the scripture you rewrote. Rev 1:10 Do you see a "his" in it as you said there was?

God's Truth

Here is the scripture you rewrote. Rev 1:10 Do you see a "his" in it as you said there was?

You are ridiculous and you are proving yourself to be unstable. I have not rewrote any scripture. Fear God and maybe you will learn not to bear false witness.