Is Spiritual Maturity Possible

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The question has come up in a different thread regarding spiritual maturity.

Is it or is it not possible to mature spiritually?

daqq

It is the desired outcome but very difficult for carnality to be overcome. Both Paul and the author of Hebrews speak of the same problem, (of Paul there are enough references but of Hebrews specifically Hebrews 5:11-14, [unless of course you believe Paul also wrote Hebrews, and if so, then there you have it]).

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
It is the desired outcome but very difficult for carnality to be overcome. Both Paul and the author of Hebrews speak of the same problem, (of Paul there are enough references but of Hebrews specifically Hebrews 5:11-14, [unless of course you believe Paul also wrote Hebrews, and if so, then there you have it]).

I lean toward Phoebe as the author of Hebrews. She was evidently a very virtuous lady.

Jamie, is this the tread meant to be used to continue our conversation from the Trinity thread? If it is, I believe that there is great miscommunication between the two of us. I will await your response so I know how to proceed.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jamie, is this the tread meant to be used to continue our conversation from the Trinity thread? If it is, I believe that there is great miscommunication between the two of us. I will await your response so I know how to proceed.

I understood you to say Adam was less than perfect?

Is that what you are claiming?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Interesting, care to elaborate why?

They were very close spiritually. Phoebe related very well to Paul and understood his teachings.

She read his letter to the Romans while Paul was in Greece.

Are you claiming Adam did not become perfect? If so, on what basis?

That is also correct. The fact that Adam is not alive today proves that he was never perfect. It is impossible for any contingent being to ever be or become perfect. If it were possible, then we wouldn't need Jesus the Messiah as a Savior. If it were possible, we could become equal with God.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
That is also correct. The fact that Adam is not alive today proves that he was never perfect. It is impossible for any contingent being to ever be or become perfect. If it were possible, then we wouldn't need Jesus the Messiah as a Savior. If it were possible, we could become equal with God.

Adam was perfectly created to become perfect and there is no scriptural basis for claiming the Holy Spirit did not accomplish the task.

Adam was perfectly created to become perfect

This false concept has absolutely no scripture as evidence, however the whole Bible, and history easily proves that man was not perfectly created.

and there is no scriptural basis for claiming the Holy Spirit did not accomplish the task.

The same can be said for your claim. There is no scriptural basis for claiming that the Holy Spirit accomplished that task. However, it is sound reasoning that Adam could not have been perfect at anytime in his life. If it were possible for a contingent being to become perfect, it would contradict the very nature of God.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
This false concept has absolutely no scripture as evidence, however the whole Bible, and history easily proves that man was not perfectly created.

We know humans were perfectly created to become perfect.

Jesus told the Jews of his day to whom he offered his kingdom to become perfect as our Father is perfect.

Is Jesus perfect? If not what is his flaw?

We know humans were perfectly created to become perfect.
How do we know this? what is your reasoning and evidence behind it?

Jesus told the Jews of his day to whom he offered his kingdom to become perfect as our Father is perfect.
In what context do you believe this call to perfection to be? Context is always the key. You seem to read what you want to see (or perhaps what someone else has taught you) rather than the truth therein. Let me know if you would like me to explain Matthew 5:48 for you; though, I would hope that you are capable of figuring out the context on your own.

Is Jesus perfect? If not what is his flaw?

Yes, Jesus is perfect. He was not a created being, he is the Creator. His human body was prepared for him that he might pitch his tent among us for a time, but he never sinned.