Is Russia our foe?

ClimateSanity

If that's what it takes. People fought for democracy. Why wouldn't they fight to protect it just because the threat is external?

If that's what it takes? Takes to do what exactly??? Protect democracy? Our democracy has faced worse attacks from it's own government. These so called attacks pale in comparison.

You think we can "make the world better for humanity" by not responding to an attack?

Preventing the annihilation of homo sapiens through not responding to a gnat is actually a very good idea.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
was it appropriate for foreign nationals to show up in florida to support the hillary campaign?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/mani...da-to-help-hillary-clinton-campaign-1.3831559

If you consider Canada a hostile power, and Putin our friend, I guess that's your case. Here's the problem; you can't impeach Hillary Clinton.

Trump just discovered Harry's law:

blog_truman_buck_schools.jpg

Trump's strategy?

"Whhaaa! It's not fair! Hillary! Benghazi! Obama is a Muslim! Whaaa!"

Not a very good defense, is it?

ClimateSanity

If you consider Canada a hostile power, and Putin our friend, I guess that's your case. Here's the problem; you can't impeach Hillary Clinton.

blog_truman_buck_schools.jpg

Trump's strategy?

One is just as much a threat to democracy as the other....if you follow rex's thinking.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian observes:

Trump's strategy?

One is just as much a threat to democracy as the other....if you follow rex's thinking.

Canadian citizens openly praising an American is as great a threat to our democracy as Putin's hackers secretly trying to rig the election?

Don't think so.

rexlunae

If that's what it takes? Takes to do what exactly??? Protect democracy?

Yes.

Our democracy has faced worse attacks from it's own government. These so called attacks pale in comparison.

Even if true, that doesn't make Putin's actions ok, or Trump's. So...what's your point?

Preventing the annihilation of homo sapiens through not responding to a gnat is actually a very good idea.

Are you saying you think that if we don't let the Russians mess with our elections, they might launch nuclear weapons?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Are you saying you think that if we don't let the Russians mess with our elections, they might launch nuclear weapons?

how do we declare war on the nation of Russia without running the risk of it going nuclear?

and are you planning on doing this while trump's in office?

and what exactly do you think will be the response of our western and central european friends?

merkel, for example - what do you think her response might be?

or duda? or Sipilä?

Last edited:

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
5a174653-dfd3-48bf-a952-fe528717cf7c.jpg

How many nation's are our foe in your mind? How many of them are worth alienating to the point of war?

Trump spent the weekend deliberately trashing Americas NATO allies, only to spend Monday embracng Putin like a long lost friend!

Russia has invaded parts of the Ukraine, poisoned Soviet defectors in the UK, bombed innocent civilians in Syria, murdered dissidents in its own country and attempted to subvert the elections of a number of nations!

Russia doesn't have any friends nor can it afford to match NATO and America in military spending - the longer it remains isolated subject to sanctions, the farther it falls behind economically and militarily!

rexlunae

how do we declare war on the nation of Russia without running the risk of it going nuclear?

You rely on the same thing we rely on every day: Putin doesn't want to die any more than we do.

and are you planning on doing this while trump's in office?

It's a hypothetical. And as I've pointed out, it shouldn't be the first step, but it should be on the table, in the event that our president weren't a traitor.

and what exactly do you think will be the response of our western and central european friends?

merkel, for example - what do you think her response might be?

or duda? or Sipilä?

It depends. Would we invoked article 5 of the NATO charter?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
The question is obvious:

"If Trump was trying to undermine America and our allies, and to help Russia, what would he be doing differently?"

104559153-RTS18VO6-mitch-mcconnell.530x298.jpg

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
i don't like it, but it seems inevitable in today's world

i think i'd rather see it done openly rather than clandestinely

I think they tried to do it, but will not wish to get into this again. The USA has too many voices, all in degrees of disagreement. Russia is used to a much more simple social system; I think now they are sorry they ever did it, since the US has been harping on the going on two year now.

I bet Trump did tell Putin to not do it and I bet Putin said he did not imagine how big an issue it would become in the USA.

We have to stop thinking along the lines of party politics. Trump has done some things Democrats would be more traditionally inclined to do, which was their fear is the Johnson Goldwater election were the liberals feared Goldwater would threaten war with Russia

We need to look at each issue, the trade tariff is a terrible idea, so is the degree of border control and building a wall.

Regardless of party I think open free trade and staying out of other countries wars would be the best plan for now. Conserve spending and try to promote free trade, with no payout deals.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
You rely on the same thing we rely on every day: Putin doesn't want to die any more than we do.

It's a hypothetical. And as I've pointed out, it shouldn't be the first step, but it should be on the table, in the event that our president weren't a traitor.

We should stop punishing Mexico just because they are able to offer cheaper labour.

We need to befriend Russia and accept they are different and have flaws, then encourage them to produce more oil and try to energize their economy.

Russia is very large but most of it is a frozen wasteland. If they got their economics together, they would and should had the GDP equal to Germany.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

so where would we put troops?

and why wouldn't putin use battlefield nukes when they crossed into russia?

and how would we respond to battlefield nukes?

on what basis? ukraine? crimea?

look at a map and tell me who has the home team advantage in that war

lifeisgood

Are you suggesting that any country, let alone Russia, be given a free pass to do so to our own?

I believe it goes something like this 'if you do not want somebody to trample on your elections, don't trample on somebody else's elections'; otherwise, you do not have the high moral ground to complain 'cause you doing same thing....

Foxfire

I believe it goes something like this 'if you do not want somebody to trample on your elections, don't trample on somebody else's elections'; otherwise, you do not have the high moral ground to complain 'cause you doing same thing....

If you're talking about moral high ground, that went out the window with the election.

POTUS is constitutionally bound to defend the US against ALL enemies FOREIGN or Domestic. Failure to do so is dereliction of duty.

PERIOD

FULL STOP