Is Russia our foe?

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Support your claim.

All 17 of America's Intelligence Agencies have already stated publically that the Russian government deliberately "interfered" in the 2016 US Election in favor of 1 particular candidate - that hostile act alone should disqualify it as a friend!

Either Trump and his supporters didn't get that memo or they have chosen to ignore it!

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
I think all the fuss is a bunch of sour grapes.

so it does not matter to you that Russia continues to attempt to actively interfere with our election process? Should other countries be allowed to openly contribute to political campaigns?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
so it does not matter to you that Russia continues to attempt to actively interfere with our election process?
i don't like it, but it seems inevitable in today's world

Should other countries be allowed to openly contribute to political campaigns?

i think i'd rather see it done openly rather than clandestinely

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
so it does not matter to you that Russia continues to attempt to actively interfere with our election process? Should other countries be allowed to openly contribute to political campaigns?
You must be laboring under the false impression that some people pay attention to campaign messages. Voters mostly tune out that stuff.

ok doser

Are you suggesting that any country, let alone Russia, be given a free pass to do so to our own?

i would suggest that an intelligent person would recognize that the potential exists for anybody to do it - friend, foe or self - and that they/we will do it if it's in their/our own interests

ok doser

It's not lack of intelligence in our agencies that's the problem. It's the lack of intelligence in the WH.

aw-snap-mmmmhhhmm-you-go-gurl.jpg

ClimateSanity

All 17 of America's Intelligence Agencies have already stated publically that the Russian government deliberately "interfered" in the 2016 US Election in favor of 1 particular candidate - that hostile act alone should disqualify it as a friend!

Either Trump and his supporters didn't get that memo or they have chosen to ignore it!

How many nation's are our foe in your mind? How many of them are worth alienating to the point of war?

ClimateSanity

Are you suggesting that any country, let alone Russia, be given a free pass to do so to our own?

I'm suggesting that some actions are worse than others. If we do the very same meddling and actually much more agressively....see Ukraine, on what basis do we have to severely punish others countries doing far less than we do?

It can't be seen as such a horrible action if we do it with impunity. That's said, why would we ruin potentially fantastic joint ventures that would be a great boon to our country? That's severing your head because your nose has a pimple.

ClimateSanity

i would suggest that an intelligent person would recognize that the potential exists for anybody to do it - friend, foe or self - and that they/we will do it if it's in their/our own interests

All nation's act in their best interests. It's dangerous to act as if that's not the case.