IS M.A.D. DOCTRINE NECESSARY IN ORDER TO RECEIVE ETERNAL LIFE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Hopefully, in the days ahead some more posters like Tam, Glorydaz, Heir, Musty and STP will join in on the conversation. Those I just mentioned are some of my favorite posters on TOL. I hope they continue to add their opinions so we can drown out the posts of the "Naysayers."

Ben Masada

By the way, I forgot to mention, The Grace Gospel is for both Jew and Gentile alike, today. There is no separate Gospel today, only one.

I agree with you 100% that there is only one gospel with the truth. Hence, the Truth cannot be more than one, it is only obvious that the only gospel with the Truth is no more than one. I am talking about the gospel of Jesus aka the Tanach, not the NT aka the gospel of Paul. The NT, if you have never heard this, Jesus never even dreamed it would ever rise.

Ben Masada

Paul was chosen by the Ascended Lord Jesus Christ to be the Apostle to the Gentiles. The Message he was preaching was "The Grace Gospel." Whereas, Christ during His earthly ministry and the other Apostles preached "The Kingdom Gospel" to the lost sheep of the House of Israel. Today, the only active Gospel is "Paul's Gospel" that was given to him by the Lord Jesus Christ, Himself. Paul was approached separately from the other Apostles with a "Special Gospel." Paul's Gospel wasn't the same as Christ's or His other Apostles. Christ told the other Apostles not to go to the Gentiles. The Gentiles were to receive The Grace Gospel from the Apostle Paul. It's as simple as that.

Tell me Grosnick, do you know how to fix a contradiction? In this post of yours above, you said that the gospel of Paul was given to him by Jesus. Then, as I read down the text, you say that Paul's gospel was not the same as the gospel of Jesus. How could have Jesus given a gospel to Paul which was not the same as what Jesus had? The gospel of Jesus was the Tanach and I am sure Jesus did not give it to Paul because the Tanach has nothing to do with the NT. But how can you fix your contradiction anyways?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul's Gospel wasn't the same as Christ's or His other Apostles. Christ told the other Apostles not to go to the Gentiles. The Gentiles were to receive The Grace Gospel from the Apostle Paul. It's as simple as that.

Lying comes easy for you--

Act 1:4 And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.
Act 1:5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.
Act 1:6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
Act 1:7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.
Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Mat 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Act 15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.
Act 15:8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;
Act 15:9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith. Act 15:10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
Act 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

Jud 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

LA

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Can't get to heaven without getting water baptized, right?

I'll break it down for you:

In Catholicism, it is a sacrament that quickens the soul. Among the more conservative catholics, it is a requirement for salvation unless you want to play blackjack in Limbo for eternity.

In Reformed Christianity, it is an ordinance that initiates one into God's covenant. Among the more conservative protestants, it is a requirement to be part of God's providence.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I'll break it down for you:

In Catholicism, it is a sacrament that quickens the soul. Among the more conservative catholics, it is a requirement for salvation unless you want to play blackjack in Limbo for eternity.

In Reformed Christianity, it is an ordinance that initiates one into God's covenant. Among the more conservative protestants, it is a requirement to be part of God's providence.

Either way, you seem to adhere to a "Hybrid" combination of Catholicism mixed with Calvinism.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Tell me Grosnick, do you know how to fix a contradiction? In this post of yours above, you said that the gospel of Paul was given to him by Jesus. Then, as I read down the text, you say that Paul's gospel was not the same as the gospel of Jesus. How could have Jesus given a gospel to Paul which was not the same as what Jesus had? The gospel of Jesus was the Tanach and I am sure Jesus did not give it to Paul because the Tanach has nothing to do with the NT. But how can you fix your contradiction anyways?

First of all, you're Jewish, therefore, you most likely don't accept Christ as the Messiah or as the Son of God. (God the Son.) Christ, during His earthly ministry, preached "The Kingdom Gospel." His Apostles did, as well. Christ told His Disciples (Apostles) not to go into the way of the Gentiles. One day while Saul of Tarsus was traveling on the Road to Damascus, The Ascended Christ met Saul. (Later to be called Paul) Paul subsequently received a NEW Gospel from The Ascended Lord Jesus Christ. This Gospel was to be preached first to the Jews, which Paul did. They rejected it and Paul from there on went to the Gentiles and became The Apostle to the Gentiles. Understand? If not, ask further questions?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
I'll break it down for you.

Either way, you won't be saved without it.

That makes it salvation by faith plus the (or faith IN the) work of water baptism.

A person is not saved because they got baptized, they got baptized because they are saved. God leads the elect to His providence, who is then sanctified.

Baptism is a work of faith, not merit. You all don't really understand faith vs work, I noticed that from day one. Yall seem to have a hard time understanding James' teaching alongside Paul's.

Reformed belief is the only accurate representation of these matters. That is why it is called reformed.
As opposed to your Madness :rolleyes:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
This NEW Gospel that Paul received from The Ascended Lord Jesus Christ, he, (Paul) called it "His Gospel." Paul stated in Romans 2:16 "In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel. My opinion is, that when one becomes a member of the Body of Christ, the Grace Gospel becomes their Gospel. Therefore, they have the responsibility to spread that Gospel.

Christ will return to earth someday and set up His Earthly Kingdom and sit on the throne of David, reigning over His people, Israel.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
A person is not saved because they got baptized, they got baptized because they are saved. God leads the elect to His providence, who is then sanctified.

Baptism is a work of faith, not merit. You all don't really understand faith vs work, I noticed that from day one. Yall seem to have a hard time understanding James' teaching alongside Paul's.

Reformed belief is the only accurate representation of these matters. That is why it is called reformed.
As opposed to your Madness :rolleyes:

Here's who James was speaking to: "James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting." James 1:1.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Paul had a different Gospel compared to Christ's earthly Ministry to the lost sheep of the House of Israel. Matthew 15:24 "But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel." The 12 Apostles preached the same Gospel to the lost sheep of the House of Israel, before and after the death and resurrection of Christ. Neither Christ nor His Apostles preached to the Gentiles. Christ told His Apostles in Matthew 10:5 "These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:"

The Kingdom Gospel was only for the House of Israel, not the Gentiles. Paul was eventually sent to be The Apostle to the Gentiles with The Grace Gospel.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Here's who James was speaking to: "James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting." James 1:1.

Why would God tell the Jews that faith without works is dead and then tell the Gentiles otherwise?

There is no good answer- yall's theology sucks. James teaches a matter of reality, not a specific duty for a specific people.

I'm going to break it down for you- what Paul and James both believed and taught was that works are the smoke from the fire of faith. If you lack one than you are lacking the other.

The only difference with 'faith alone' is that works are a product of faith and not a merit for salvation.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Why would God tell the Jews that faith without works is dead and then tell the Gentiles otherwise?

There is no good answer- yall's theology sucks. James teaches a matter of reality, not a specific duty for a specific people.

I'm going to break it down for you- what Paul and James both believed and taught was that works are the smoke from the fire of faith. If you lack one than you are lacking the other.

The only difference with 'faith alone' is that works are a product of faith and not a merit for salvation.

I really don't have a great desire to share with you, so, you're off to my "Ignore list" along with Danoh and Dodge. Feel free to post to yourself on my thread. Who knows, perhaps you'll get lucky and someone will come around that can "Stomach" your nonsense. :wave2:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
I really don't have a great desire to share with you, so, you're off to my "Ignore list" along with Danoh and Dodge. Feel free to post to yourself on my thread. Who knows, perhaps you'll get lucky and someone will come around that can "Stomach" your nonsense. :wave2:

^
That's what they do when faced with something irrefutable :rolleyes:
~Go blind~

Maybe he wouldn't feel the need to ignore everyone if he tried to be cordial with people and not be a troll :idunno:

Ben Masada

First of all, you're Jewish, therefore, you most likely don't accept Christ as the Messiah or as the Son of God. (God the Son.) Christ, during His earthly ministry, preached "The Kingdom Gospel." His Apostles did, as well. Christ told His Disciples (Apostles) not to go into the way of the Gentiles. One day while Saul of Tarsus was traveling on the Road to Damascus, The Ascended Christ met Saul. (Later to be called Paul) Paul subsequently received a NEW Gospel from The Ascended Lord Jesus Christ. This Gospel was to be preached first to the Jews, which Paul did. They rejected it and Paul from there on went to the Gentiles and became The Apostle to the Gentiles. Understand? If not, ask further questions?

Well, you did not answer my question, either because I am Jewish or because you don't care for contradictions. Let me try something else. I accept Jesus as part of "Christ" because "Christ" means the Anointed of the Lord and if you read Prophet Habakkuk 3:13, "The Lord goes forth to save His People; to save His Anointed One." That's what "Christ" is, the Anointed One of the Lord aka Israel the son of God if you read Exodus 4:22,23. Jesus was part of the "Christ" that Israel was and part of the Son of God as also was Israel. The idea that Jesus was Christ or the son of God was fabricated by Paul if you read II Timothy 2:8 and Acts 9:20. As an individual, Jesus could not have been the Messiah because, the individual is born, lives his span of life and dies. Are we supposed to expect a new Messiah in every generation? Obviously not. The Messiah is not supposed to die but to remain as a people before the Lord forever. (Jeremiah 31:35-37)

heir

TOL Subscriber
In Romans 6:4 Paul said, "Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life."

Our old person dies in the water symbolizing the death of the old person so we can walk with Christ in a new life, a forever life.
:doh: Christ was not buried in a watery grave!

Status
Not open for further replies.