Truster

Is homosexuality, adultery or fornication a sin when:

It arrives as a thought.

It becomes a fantasy.

It becomes desired.

It is pursued.

It is acted upon.

Truster

I think I posted this in the wrong forum. If a moderator would be kind enough to move it I would be thankful.

Truster

For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies: Matthew 15:19 KJV

But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death. James 1:15 KJV

Truster

But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. Matthew 5:28 KJV

Buzzword

"You did not select an option to vote for. Please press back to return to the poll and choose an option before voting."

An inadequate question if ever there was one.

Inadequacy #1: Lumping sexual orientation, sex before marriage, and deliberate transgression of the marital contract together as if they are in any sense the same thing.

Inadequacy #2: Assuming that everyone who participates in the poll agrees that the above lumped concepts are all sins.

Inadequacy #3: Headlining a thread based on Inadequacy #2 with another question, worded as if you're NOT doing Inadequacy #2.

Also, I second the motion to move this to an actual RELIGION board.

elohiym

Is homosexuality, adultery or fornication a sin when:

It arrives as a thought.

It becomes a fantasy.

It becomes desired.

It is pursued.

It is acted upon.

You want to make excuses for your wicked thoughts, proven by your answer to your ridiculous poll.

Truster

You want to make excuses for your wicked thoughts, proven by your answer to your ridiculous poll.

I am a man who has been delivered from sin and yet wrestles with sin. I chose to ask the questions on the more common or base sins.

I could have concentrated on spiritual sins, but most people would have had difficulty comprehending that. It seems as if is beyond the capacity of most people.

Maybe two other options:

I don't know.

I don't care.

Truster

"You did not select an option to vote for. Please press back to return to the poll and choose an option before voting."

Inadequacy #1: Lumping sexual orientation, sex before marriage, and deliberate transgression of the marital contract together as if they are in any sense the same thing.

Inadequacy #2: Assuming that everyone who participates in the poll agrees that the above lumped concepts are all sins.

Inadequacy #3: Headlining a thread based on Inadequacy #2 with another question, worded as if you're NOT doing Inadequacy #2.

Hey moron... if you don't like a topic keep your stupid mouth shut and go away. (Knight 2014)

Buzzword

Hey moron... if you don't like a topic keep your stupid mouth shut and go away. (Knight 2014)

Hey ad hominem, if you don't have a rational response to criticism of your statement, reevaluate your statement. (Rational people 100,000 B.C. - 2015 A.D.)

elohiym

I am a man who has been delivered from sin and yet wrestles with sin.

Based on your response to the poll, you were only delivered from the poll choices you selected. You don't believe the fist poll choice is a sin because you still struggle with sin in that way.

Truster

Hey ad hominem, if you don't have a rational response to criticism of your statement, reevaluate your statement. (Rational people 100,000 B.C. - 2015 A.D.)

The fact you use fictitious numbers means the statement was accurate, called for and stands.

Truster

Based on your response to the poll, you were only delivered from the poll choices you selected. You don't believe the fist poll choice is a sin because you still struggle with sin in that way.

If you read and understand the scriptures I posted you'd know why I didn't choose option 1.

Buzzword

The fact you use fictitious numbers means the statement was accurate, called for and stands.

The fact that you can't understand an implied "circa," nitpick that single detail, and AGAIN refuse to actually address my criticism of your opening statement just piles up the evidence that you have nothing to counter it.

Truster

The fact that you can't understand an implied "circa," nitpick that single detail, and AGAIN refuse to actually address my criticism of your opening statement just piles up the evidence that you have nothing to counter it.

There is nothing that you have to say that I want to hear. There is nothing that I have to say that you can hear.

Buzzword

There is nothing that you have to say that I want to hear. There is nothing that I have to say that you can hear.

Then what was the point of posting in the first place, if you're just going to automatically ignore the responses of anyone who disagrees with you?

Which appears to be everyone who responds.

Truster

Then what was the point of posting in the first place, if you're just going to automatically ignore the responses of anyone who disagrees with you?

Which appears to be everyone who responds.

I don't discus anything with anyone who is blatantly antagonistic towards the truth. As far as I'm aware I have never entered into a thread you have started and I have no intention of doing so.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
The real question should be as to why conservative Christians insist on placing such an emphasis on these kinds of sins when any reading of the New Testament would reveal it to be far more critical of religious hypocracy and judging others.

The OP quotes from James, a marginal book, that Luther referred to as an "epistle of straw" and makes only 2 direct references to Christ in the whole letter.

Truster

The real question should be as to why conservative Christians insist on placing such an emphasis on these kinds of sins when any reading of the New Testament would reveal it to be far more critical of religious hypocracy and judging others.

The OP quotes from James, a marginal book, that Luther referred to as an "epistle of straw" and makes only 2 direct references to Christ in the whole letter.

''But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man''......that's why.

'Prove all things; hold fast that which is good'......that's why.

'Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of Elohim''....and that's why.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame

1. They are all sin, thus in this regard they are the same thing.
  2. This poll was intended for only those who believe them to be sins.:dunce::duh:
  3. You're a moron.

Two of the three sins listed in the poll question are treated by secular society, and even many Christians, as though they are not sins.

As for "judging others" the admonitions in the Bible are against judging hypocritically. So the two sins you mentioned actually go hand in hand.